FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IC Hong Kong Master Thread (closed for renovation until 2022)
Old Nov 17, 2015, 3:59 pm
scubaccr

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Raynyan
What's the problem with the Deluxe Junior Suite? This upgrade policy is already mentioned by many people. You should have been booking the INTERCONTINENTAL HARBOUR VIEW RM. You will receive the Deluxe Junior suite with lower price.

I never "playing" the upgrade negotiation. We should be a good guests/residents. Then, hotel will offer you good upgrade.
I never mentioned anything about negotiating with ICHK before/during checkin, just that only a 1-level early modify is showing so I am still hoping for better upgrade come checkin.

As someone who doesn't stay here in Hong Kong for years, I am disadvantage when booking at IC HK, but I had picked up posts mentioning change in RA treatment for the better, from I think April2014.

I knew ICHK is the better IC of the two, hence booking my short night at the cheaper ICGS on flight arrival then switching to ICHK morning.

I missed the parts of posts earlier in this thread saying ICHK
o ICHK do not upgrade beyond their Junior Suite
o RA's should book 2-levels below Dlx JS (a hk$500 ++ lower rate )
o ICHK refund the rate difference between Dlx Harbour View and Harbour View to RAs unaware of the current ICHK upgrade policy to no higher than JS

I will need to read back down this thread, but from what you just posted I will most likely receive a 1-level room rate refund if as you expect, I get just 1-level up to a JS

Many RAs book Exec rooms at IC's which often have next room categories of J/Suite followed by Suite when the hotel has no club room types/rates between exec and j/s.

nb
Just like i know at IC Amstel to book only a basic room, as RA always get 3-level boost to Exec Suite , but if book J/Suite or Exec Suite, Amstel policy is no further upgrade beyond Exec Suite is given.