Search
Old Dec 10, 2017, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: khabah
Intercontinental Hong Kong - 香港洲際酒店
18 Salisbury Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Tel. (Hong Kong): +852-2721-1211
Website (link)

AS OF APRIL 20TH, 2020, INTERCONTINENTAL HONG KONG HAS CEASED OPERATIONS IN ORDER TO COMMENCE A TWO-YEAR RENOVATION PROGRAM. IT WILL RELAUNCH AT A TO-BE-DETERMINED DATE IN 2022 AS REGENT HONG KONG.

NOTE: This property was supposed close ~12 months for refurbishment sometime after Chinese New Year (5 Feb) in 2020. It seems the moved the date (again). Rooms are currently (Sep19) bookable in Aug20)

500 rooms including 87 suites; best Hong Kong and Victoria Harbour viewsviews
. . .
(starting price ~HKD 2,249.10 / $288 USD)
Check in: 2pm (“Early check in unavailable”). It seems that with Royal Ambassador status they let you check in early.
Check out: 12pm (“Late check out unavailable” but not so IME - with Amassador or Royal Ambassador late checkout seems possible.
One complimentary parking space per room, valet parking available (HKD80 per hour for non-restaurant patrons or per additional hour)
Service Animals allowed
2 accessible guestrooms on the low floor of the hotel
Executive rooms
Club Intercontinental Executive Lounge (generally significant extra charge)
Complimentary customized Android smartphone capable of WiFi hot spot use in room (no need to buy local SIM) - seems no longer to be true as of Sep19
Link to 5 page PDF Hotel information sheet

Transportation:

From / to HKG airport:
Hotel limo (Mercedes) HKD $900 + 10% (courtesy WiFi Hot spot, water, reading material)
Hong Kong Cityflyer A21 stops at both ICHK and ICGS - 33HKD (see link for map of stops)
(ICHK) Stops on Salisbury Road outside hotel, take the MTR underpass to cross road.
(ICGS) Stops on Mody Road
https://www.hongkong.net/transportation/to-from-airport/bus/a21
Train charge (one way): 90.00 HKD (train to Kowloon Station + MTR to Tsim Sha Tsui or taxi, ~90 min), discounts for more than 1 person traveling together,you can buy ticket at arrival train station. Taxi from train station to hotel approx 40 HK$. Train every 12 min, 20 min traveltime, plus 10-15 min for taxi to hotel
Urban (red) Taxi charge (one way): 300.00 HKD (~$38 USD / 30min) (link to HKG Taxi rate charts)
Private transfer ~$99-$110 USD / 30min one way ( link)

Dining:

Lobby Lounge: 7 am - 1230 am
Harbourside: 6 am - 1230 am, casual dining (breakfast and lunch buffet, seafood dinner buffet 6 - 1030 pm, Sunday Champagne brunch 1130 am - 3 pm)
NOBU Restaurant: 1200 - 230 pm, 6 - 11 pm (new style Japanese)
Rech by Alain Ducasse: 6 pm - 11 pm (French seafood)
The Steakhouse Winebar and Grill: 6 - 11 pm (International beef & wines)
Yan Toh Heen: 12- 3 pm, 6 - 1130pm (2 Michelin stars Cantonese)

Services:

Concierge 24 hrs (Louis Baleros, Chief Concierge)
House Doctor available
Full Business Centre (staffed, secretarial services)
Fitness Centre
Spa
Limousine service
Laundry daily same day service

“The outdoor swimming pool will undergo annual maintenance from January 22 - February 8, 2018 inclusive, with the outdoor spa pool.” and “The outdoor spa pools will undergo annual maintenance from February 26 - March 8, 2018 inclusive, with the outdoor swimming p” (sic).
Print Wikipost

IC Hong Kong Master Thread (closed for renovation until 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2013, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by AlexMC
This is going to be my first time in HKG and I'll be probably alone. So, I don't think I'll be in the hotel for long hours. My question is: having such a nice room at least for the first two nights, is it worth to pay for Club acess? The breakfast in the club is somehow comparable to the regular breakfast?
To me it is absolutely not worth paying for Club when you are in one of the most amazing cities in the world. Especially on your first visit. Get out of the hotel and enjoy! There are hundreds of round the clock food outlets a short walk away.
Old Apr 29, 2013, 11:39 am

Programs: LH HON
Hi, I am RA and wanted to know if ICHKG upgrade from paid JUNIOR SUITE to a "higher" suite?
Old Apr 29, 2013, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by JetSet101
Hi, I am RA and wanted to know if ICHKG upgrade from paid JUNIOR SUITE to a "higher" suite?
May I propose you read the thread? It is all in here, has been asked several times and the general answer is YES.
Old Apr 29, 2013, 9:53 pm

Programs: JJ OW Emerald, TK*G, O6*G, Smiles Diamond, IC Amb, Le Club Platinum, former LH SEN (miss it!)
Originally Posted by stimpy
To me it is absolutely not worth paying for Club when you are in one of the most amazing cities in the world. Especially on your first visit. Get out of the hotel and enjoy! There are hundreds of round the clock food outlets a short walk away.
Thank you, stimpy. I guess this is really the right answer!
Old May 2, 2013, 5:57 am

Programs: Virgin FC, Qantas, Golden Circle, Sofitel, Hyatt, Starwood, Nectar, and my Tesco Club Card
Current Room classifications

Could someone explain the current room classifications as I'm finding the various room descriptions contradictory / confusing or somewhat lacking in information.

Under Reservations I'm seeing

Superior Room
Deluxe room
Harbour View Room
Deluxe Harbour View Room
Executive Suite Full Harbour View

However elsewhere I'm seen rooms described as
Surperior Harbour View Rooms
Junior Harbour View Suite

have they widened the room classifications to hamper RA upgrades?

The IC website gives little in the way of description or what you will actually get for your money (shockingly poor IMO). I'm keen to book a decent size harbour view room for a significant birthday for SWMBO. Ordinarily a room of 40-45 m2 is fine, but we would want a good harbour view - ideally with the bed facing the window (as I've seen in some photos)

Additionally... (sorry)
I was looking to book 4 nights over a weekend (in Fri - out Tue) - enrolling as an ambassador and utilising the BOGOF, and using points to possibly reduce cost on paid nights (currently have 50K Priorty Club points) can I just ring up central reservations and ask them to work it out for me or do I have to do each bit seprately myself (i.e. book the BOGOF on the Fri / sat nights and then book the Mon / Tue seperately)

Last edited by Kettering Northants QC; May 2, 2013 at 6:08 am
Old Jun 21, 2013, 6:31 am

Programs: Priority Club Platinum & Ambassdor, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
I am going in August and booked 3 nights with points. Emailed hotel about upgrade options and was quoted HK $1,200 to Harbour View (350 square feet) and HK $1,600 to Deluxe Harbour View with full Harbour View Room (450 square feet). Little disappointed since the difference between the best flexible rate of Superior and Harbour View at that time is HK $800 and Superior and Deluxe Harbour View is HK $1,000.

I'm assumming they are just trying to upcharge and get me to take the Deluxe but is there really a bad Harbour View room with limited view (since they offer me the Deluxe Harbour View with full Harbour View?

Last edited by canesfan; Jun 21, 2013 at 6:53 am
Old Jun 22, 2013, 10:22 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
I can't really answer your question because I've never actually stayed there, however I am considering for next winter and emailed the hotel as well regarding upgrading a room booked with points. I got the same rates you did and when asked the difference between the two rooms, I was told that both have full harbor views, but Superior room size is ~350 sq ft and Deluxe is ~450 sq ft. I was also disappointed in this upcharge because cash differences are not as high.

Also having already been to HKG and seeing the location of this hotel its hard for me to believe that this hotel can have a bad harbor view room. All the rooms facing the harbor should have a great unobstructed view because this hotel sits right on the water edge.
Old Jun 23, 2013, 9:10 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by friedablass
Also having already been to HKG and seeing the location of this hotel its hard for me to believe that this hotel can have a bad harbor view room. All the rooms facing the harbor should have a great unobstructed view because this hotel sits right on the water edge.
It is true that all harbor view rooms have harbor views, but there are differences in how much/what part of the harbor you see. The least desirable rooms (e.g., xx01 junior suite) mostly have a view of the TST promenade and art museum, and a little bit of harbor extending out to the west. The most desirable rooms will have a sweeping view of the harbor and HK Island -- Wanchai, convention centre, Central, Shun Tak Centre, etc). There are also differences in what you see from your bed, or couch, or bathtub. What's "best" is really up to individual preferences; some people will prefer being closer to the water, some higher up; some will prefer the rooms with a direct view to the ones located at a bend in the building ... the reality is that, most likely, for a first-time stay, you'll be impressed no matter what.
Old Jun 23, 2013, 10:27 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by jpdx
It is true that all harbor view rooms have harbor views, but there are differences in how much/what part of the harbor you see. The least desirable rooms (e.g., xx01 junior suite) mostly have a view of the TST promenade and art museum, and a little bit of harbor extending out to the west. The most desirable rooms will have a sweeping view of the harbor and HK Island -- Wanchai, convention centre, Central, Shun Tak Centre, etc). There are also differences in what you see from your bed, or couch, or bathtub. What's "best" is really up to individual preferences; some people will prefer being closer to the water, some higher up; some will prefer the rooms with a direct view to the ones located at a bend in the building ... the reality is that, most likely, for a first-time stay, you'll be impressed no matter what.
Thanks for the insight. As I said, I never actually stayed here so my opinion was really based on looking at the exterior of the building and it's location (with the fact that it juts out into the harbor). I guess the view will vary by room as you have noted and if I do choose to stay here will report my findings . Thanks again.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 4:26 am

I've been there twice, for the first time I chose the full harbour view and for the second time, the part harbour view.

YES, the views are different. Why did I not choose the full harbour view the second time I stayed there ? Well, the first time was enough and for the second time, I thought it was not worth the price difference. Is the full harbour view something you gotta experience once ? Well, yes. Is it worth a few nights' of premium ? Well, no. So my suggestion is, if you want to save some money, book the first night for full harbour view and the rest of the nights for part harbour view.

Alternatively, just walk out to the ocean of stars and experience the true full harbour view at 8 P.M. when the light show starts.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 4:49 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by batosai
I've been there twice, for the first time I chose the full harbour view and for the second time, the part harbour view.

YES, the views are different. Why did I not choose the full harbour view the second time I stayed there ? Well, the first time was enough and for the second time, I thought it was not worth the price difference. Is the full harbour view something you gotta experience once ? Well, yes. Is it worth a few nights' of premium ? Well, no. So my suggestion is, if you want to save some money, book the first night for full harbour view and the rest of the nights for part harbour view.

Alternatively, just walk out to the ocean of stars and experience the true full harbour view at 8 P.M. when the light show starts.
+1 Book first night same room type, better view, maybe you get to keep better view for remaing nights

In any 1 24hour day, just how long do you plan to sit looking out of the window? I take photos first visit from club lounge usually high floor, best view, or at rooftop pool areas.

I only want to pay extra to avoid being overlooked when otherwise room is overlooked by opposite highrises or rooms 5m away across hotels inner courtyard.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 6:32 am

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
Originally Posted by scubaccr
+1 Book first night same room type, better view, maybe you get to keep better view for remaing nights

In any 1 24hour day, just how long do you plan to sit looking out of the window? I take photos first visit from club lounge usually high floor, best view, or at rooftop pool areas.

I only want to pay extra to avoid being overlooked when otherwise room is overlooked by opposite highrises or rooms 5m away across hotels inner courtyard.
This hotel will most likely make you move. There is no good view from the club lounge except a view of the lobby area. Pool views are nice, yet "around the corner" to have a full view of the "IFC-area".
There's no inner courtyard and no high rises around the hotel, except a large construction site next to the pool.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 10:44 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz 5*, IHG RA, Hyatt Diamond, Amex Plat, SPG Gold
Agree - IHG HK is very strict when it comes to award nights / paid nights and harbour vs non-harbour view. They will likely ask you for a surcharge to stay in the room vs just letting you stay there once the award kicks in.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 9:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Big Mac
Because of the view... This hotel has the best views in Hong Kong
and hotel was built as a regent, and was regent's flagship

and service

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jul 1, 2013 at 9:50 pm
Old Jul 13, 2013, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
I had my third stay this year and was upgraded again from a Superior Junior Suite to a Superior Full Suite (yes it exists, Room 1536) with a seperate bedroom and living room. Much nicer than the Executive Suite, however there is - as I have been told - only one of these in the entire property. Service was spotless.l
I think they may have fibbed a bit. The room right next door, 1538, is also a full Superior Suite. My reservation was changed online to show 1 KING BED SUPERIOR SUITE HARBOUR VIEW and here is a picture from the fire map on the door. Note that it doesn't show the wall that separates the bedroom in this suite.

This suite hovers right above a private deck with a jacuzzi that runs 24 hours a day. Maybe this is a wing of the Presidential Suite?

This suite wraps around all the way from Central to the Peninsula on the back side and further. The breakfast nook facing central

Living room

And since people are asking about the never ending construction, it seems they decided to just knock it all down and start over from scratch.

But there is no noise problem that I noticed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.