Search
Old Dec 10, 2017, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: khabah
Intercontinental Hong Kong - 香港洲際酒店
18 Salisbury Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Tel. (Hong Kong): +852-2721-1211
Website (link)

AS OF APRIL 20TH, 2020, INTERCONTINENTAL HONG KONG HAS CEASED OPERATIONS IN ORDER TO COMMENCE A TWO-YEAR RENOVATION PROGRAM. IT WILL RELAUNCH AT A TO-BE-DETERMINED DATE IN 2022 AS REGENT HONG KONG.

NOTE: This property was supposed close ~12 months for refurbishment sometime after Chinese New Year (5 Feb) in 2020. It seems the moved the date (again). Rooms are currently (Sep19) bookable in Aug20)

500 rooms including 87 suites; best Hong Kong and Victoria Harbour viewsviews
. . .
(starting price ~HKD 2,249.10 / $288 USD)
Check in: 2pm (“Early check in unavailable”). It seems that with Royal Ambassador status they let you check in early.
Check out: 12pm (“Late check out unavailable” but not so IME - with Amassador or Royal Ambassador late checkout seems possible.
One complimentary parking space per room, valet parking available (HKD80 per hour for non-restaurant patrons or per additional hour)
Service Animals allowed
2 accessible guestrooms on the low floor of the hotel
Executive rooms
Club Intercontinental Executive Lounge (generally significant extra charge)
Complimentary customized Android smartphone capable of WiFi hot spot use in room (no need to buy local SIM) - seems no longer to be true as of Sep19
Link to 5 page PDF Hotel information sheet

Transportation:

From / to HKG airport:
Hotel limo (Mercedes) HKD $900 + 10% (courtesy WiFi Hot spot, water, reading material)
Hong Kong Cityflyer A21 stops at both ICHK and ICGS - 33HKD (see link for map of stops)
(ICHK) Stops on Salisbury Road outside hotel, take the MTR underpass to cross road.
(ICGS) Stops on Mody Road
https://www.hongkong.net/transportation/to-from-airport/bus/a21
Train charge (one way): 90.00 HKD (train to Kowloon Station + MTR to Tsim Sha Tsui or taxi, ~90 min), discounts for more than 1 person traveling together,you can buy ticket at arrival train station. Taxi from train station to hotel approx 40 HK$. Train every 12 min, 20 min traveltime, plus 10-15 min for taxi to hotel
Urban (red) Taxi charge (one way): 300.00 HKD (~$38 USD / 30min) (link to HKG Taxi rate charts)
Private transfer ~$99-$110 USD / 30min one way ( link)

Dining:

Lobby Lounge: 7 am - 1230 am
Harbourside: 6 am - 1230 am, casual dining (breakfast and lunch buffet, seafood dinner buffet 6 - 1030 pm, Sunday Champagne brunch 1130 am - 3 pm)
NOBU Restaurant: 1200 - 230 pm, 6 - 11 pm (new style Japanese)
Rech by Alain Ducasse: 6 pm - 11 pm (French seafood)
The Steakhouse Winebar and Grill: 6 - 11 pm (International beef & wines)
Yan Toh Heen: 12- 3 pm, 6 - 1130pm (2 Michelin stars Cantonese)

Services:

Concierge 24 hrs (Louis Baleros, Chief Concierge)
House Doctor available
Full Business Centre (staffed, secretarial services)
Fitness Centre
Spa
Limousine service
Laundry daily same day service

“The outdoor swimming pool will undergo annual maintenance from January 22 - February 8, 2018 inclusive, with the outdoor spa pool.” and “The outdoor spa pools will undergo annual maintenance from February 26 - March 8, 2018 inclusive, with the outdoor swimming p” (sic).
Print Wikipost

IC Hong Kong Master Thread (closed for renovation until 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2014, 12:55 pm

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Originally Posted by farbster
Oh, I have very low expectations based on the conversations here. I also have very little to no stay history with IHG, and my status (fwiw) is based on a credit card...

Hopefully someone can illuminate the upgrade policy? Are upgrades available on award stays or only paid stays?

From what I can gather from reading prior posts, they'll sell you the upgrade to a Harbor View room, but shouldn't platinums get that as their benefit? Or is everyone complaining about not getting an upgrade and they don't realize it is only for paid stays?

I don't smoke as it's a disgusting habit and doesn't do well for my breathing and asthma.

Thanks.
http://www.ihg.com/rewardsclub/gb/en/enjoy-rewards

Might help.
Old Jul 15, 2014, 1:09 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by farbster
Oh, I have very low expectations based on the conversations here. I also have very little to no stay history with IHG, and my status (fwiw) is based on a credit card...

Hopefully someone can illuminate the upgrade policy? Are upgrades available on award stays or only paid stays?

From what I can gather from reading prior posts, they'll sell you the upgrade to a Harbor View room, but shouldn't platinums get that as their benefit? Or is everyone complaining about not getting an upgrade and they don't realize it is only for paid stays?

I don't smoke as it's a disgusting habit and doesn't do well for my breathing and asthma.

Thanks.
This thread is about an Intercontinental (IC) brand hotel. Whilst under the IHG umbrella like CP, Indigo, HI, HIE etc, the loyalty scheme at IC's is Ambassador , a yearly purchased elite, not IHG @Rewards Platinum.

As a Platinum you need plan for zero upgrades at an IC hotel, the platinum benefit since 1st Jly 2013 is you get free internet. (Though you should often get room upgrades at CP, HI, Indigo brands)

On rare occasions an IC may give a Platinum a nicer room, but that is very much the exception to the rule.
Old Jul 15, 2014, 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by Unterwegs
The view is one of the best in Hong Kong. Personally I would take the offer.
Thanks I think I'm going to accept. Was hoping for a lesser rate at checkin but with it being full looks like that's unlikely.

Does anyone know whether you earn points for the cost of the upgrade? I'd imagine so and that it'll be 10 per USD equivalent. What about for charges at Nobu if charged to the room?
Old Jul 16, 2014, 9:25 am

Thank you for explaining that. I didn't realize that it was a different plan so to speak. I had read about buying the Ambassador, but didn't realize how seperate they were.

I'm surely not expecting an upgrade...

Originally Posted by scubaccr
This thread is about an Intercontinental (IC) brand hotel. Whilst under the IHG umbrella like CP, Indigo, HI, HIE etc, the loyalty scheme at IC's is Ambassador , a yearly purchased elite, not IHG @Rewards Platinum.

As a Platinum you need plan for zero upgrades at an IC hotel, the platinum benefit since 1st Jly 2013 is you get free internet. (Though you should often get room upgrades at CP, HI, Indigo brands)

On rare occasions an IC may give a Platinum a nicer room, but that is very much the exception to the rule.
Old Jul 19, 2014, 8:34 pm

Programs: IHG Royal Ambassador
Talking Presidential Suite

Let me share the album and movie of the Presidential Suite.

[Album]
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/membe...ial-suite.html

[Movie]
http://youtu.be/pOVMiUsx1iw
Old Jul 20, 2014, 12:15 am

Can you invite me next time? haha
Old Jul 20, 2014, 2:20 am

Upgrade Policy

I confirmed the latest upgrade policy.

[IHG Rewards Club]
Club Level: No upgrade
Gold: No upgrade
Platinum: 1 category upgrade depends on availability, not guaranteed
#If you want Harbour View Room, book Superior Harbour View Room

[Ambassador]
Gold: 1 category guaranteed upgrade
Platinum: 1 category guaranteed upgrade
# If you book Deluxe Plaza View Room, your maximum upgrade will be Executive Plaza View Room

Royal Every Plaza View booking: => Superior Junior Suite with Club
Royal Every Harbour View booking: => Deluxe Junior Suite with Club
Royal Every Suite booking: => 1 category upgrade with Club
#No free upgrade to Patio, Terrace Suite, CEO Suite, and Presidential Suite

[If you want to stay rare category room]
#They are request base when booking and depends on availability
Superior Suite: Hotel regards same category as Executive Suite. For Ambassador, Book Deluxe Junior Suite and request Superior Suite. For others, Book Executive Suite and request Superior Suite
Patio Room: Book Deluxe Harbour View with pay 2000HKD extra charge
Patio Junior Suite: Book Deluxe Junior Suite with pay 2000HKD extra charge
Patio Deluxe Suite: Book Deluxe Suite with pay 2000HKD extra charge

Last edited by Raynyan; Jul 20, 2014 at 3:54 pm Reason: Correct the expression how to book Superior Suite
Old Jul 20, 2014, 3:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by Raynyan

Superior Suite: Book Executive Suite
There are exceptions to every rule. I booked the lowest level harbor room and got a Superior Suite, as posted above.
Old Jul 20, 2014, 3:54 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Let me share the album and movie of the Presidential Suite.

[Album]
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/membe...ial-suite.html

[Movie]
http://youtu.be/pOVMiUsx1iw
Looks amazing - wonder what you booked? (not that it matters I guess )
Old Jul 20, 2014, 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by stimpy
There are exceptions to every rule. I booked the lowest level harbor room and got a Superior Suite, as posted above.
Yes, I agree. This is just a principle.
In addition, Hotel will not sell the Superior Suite in 15th floor if CEO Suite has the guest.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 8:47 am

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
I was checking some rates in IC HK and noticed that there are two ICs in HK.
IC HK and IC Grand Stanford HK. Which one is "better"?
Old Jul 21, 2014, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by BRAISKI
I was checking some rates in IC HK and noticed that there are two ICs in HK.
IC HK and IC Grand Stanford HK. Which one is "better"?
Recommend you just do a search.
HK has the better much better view, better service, no tour group guests. Food selection in the lounge is better at the GS, but quality is better at the HK IC.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 9:38 am

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
Originally Posted by Unterwegs
Recommend you just do a search.
HK has the better much better view, better service, no tour group guests. Food selection in the lounge is better at the GS, but quality is better at the HK IC.
I did a quick search, didn't get all what I was looking for thought I'd ask thx!
Old Jul 23, 2014, 1:02 am

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist

[IHG Rewards Club]
Club Level: No upgrade
Gold: No upgrade
Platinum: 1 category upgrade depends on availability, not guaranteed
#If you want Harbour View Room, book Superior Harbour View Room

[Ambassador]
Gold: 1 category guaranteed upgrade
Platinum: 1 category guaranteed upgrade
# If you book Deluxe Plaza View Room, your maximum upgrade will be Executive Plaza View Room

Royal Every Plaza View booking: => Superior Junior Suite with Club
Royal Every Harbour View booking: => Deluxe Junior Suite with Club
Royal Every Suite booking: => 1 category upgrade with Club
#No free upgrade to Patio, Terrace Suite, CEO Suite, and Presidential Suite

Superior Suite: Hotel regards same category as Executive Suite. For Ambassador, Book Deluxe Junior Suite and request Superior Suite. For others, Book Executive Suite and request Superior Suite
Patio Room: Book Deluxe Harbour View with pay 2000HKD extra charge
Patio Junior Suite: Book Deluxe Junior Suite with pay 2000HKD extra charge
Patio Deluxe Suite: Book Deluxe Suite with pay 2000HKD extra charge
I must be dense. When trying to book a room, I get these options (in this order):

Superior
Deluxe
Harbour View
Deluxe Harbour View
Deluxe Junior Suite
Executive Suite
Deluxe Suite

I'm an Platinum Ambassador and was planning on using a BOGO. Is it conventional wisdom that I won't be upgraded to a Deluxe Junior Suite if I book a Deluxe Harbour View? If so, is it correct that I might as well book the Harbour View and get an upgrade to Deluxe Harbour View. Or does that not even happen?
Old Jul 23, 2014, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by OskiBear
I'm an Platinum Ambassador and was planning on using a BOGO. Is it conventional wisdom that I won't be upgraded to a Deluxe Junior Suite if I book a Deluxe Harbour View? If so, is it correct that I might as well book the Harbour View and get an upgrade to Deluxe Harbour View. Or does that not even happen?
If you book Superior Harbour View Room (InterContinental Harbour View Room), You will receive Deluxe Harbour View Room.
If you book Deluxe Harbour View Room, You will receive Deluxe Junior Suite.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.