Search
Old Dec 10, 2017, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: khabah
Intercontinental Hong Kong - 香港洲際酒店
18 Salisbury Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Tel. (Hong Kong): +852-2721-1211
Website (link)

AS OF APRIL 20TH, 2020, INTERCONTINENTAL HONG KONG HAS CEASED OPERATIONS IN ORDER TO COMMENCE A TWO-YEAR RENOVATION PROGRAM. IT WILL RELAUNCH AT A TO-BE-DETERMINED DATE IN 2022 AS REGENT HONG KONG.

NOTE: This property was supposed close ~12 months for refurbishment sometime after Chinese New Year (5 Feb) in 2020. It seems the moved the date (again). Rooms are currently (Sep19) bookable in Aug20)

500 rooms including 87 suites; best Hong Kong and Victoria Harbour viewsviews
. . .
(starting price ~HKD 2,249.10 / $288 USD)
Check in: 2pm (“Early check in unavailable”). It seems that with Royal Ambassador status they let you check in early.
Check out: 12pm (“Late check out unavailable” but not so IME - with Amassador or Royal Ambassador late checkout seems possible.
One complimentary parking space per room, valet parking available (HKD80 per hour for non-restaurant patrons or per additional hour)
Service Animals allowed
2 accessible guestrooms on the low floor of the hotel
Executive rooms
Club Intercontinental Executive Lounge (generally significant extra charge)
Complimentary customized Android smartphone capable of WiFi hot spot use in room (no need to buy local SIM) - seems no longer to be true as of Sep19
Link to 5 page PDF Hotel information sheet

Transportation:

From / to HKG airport:
Hotel limo (Mercedes) HKD $900 + 10% (courtesy WiFi Hot spot, water, reading material)
Hong Kong Cityflyer A21 stops at both ICHK and ICGS - 33HKD (see link for map of stops)
(ICHK) Stops on Salisbury Road outside hotel, take the MTR underpass to cross road.
(ICGS) Stops on Mody Road
https://www.hongkong.net/transportation/to-from-airport/bus/a21
Train charge (one way): 90.00 HKD (train to Kowloon Station + MTR to Tsim Sha Tsui or taxi, ~90 min), discounts for more than 1 person traveling together,you can buy ticket at arrival train station. Taxi from train station to hotel approx 40 HK$. Train every 12 min, 20 min traveltime, plus 10-15 min for taxi to hotel
Urban (red) Taxi charge (one way): 300.00 HKD (~$38 USD / 30min) (link to HKG Taxi rate charts)
Private transfer ~$99-$110 USD / 30min one way ( link)

Dining:

Lobby Lounge: 7 am - 1230 am
Harbourside: 6 am - 1230 am, casual dining (breakfast and lunch buffet, seafood dinner buffet 6 - 1030 pm, Sunday Champagne brunch 1130 am - 3 pm)
NOBU Restaurant: 1200 - 230 pm, 6 - 11 pm (new style Japanese)
Rech by Alain Ducasse: 6 pm - 11 pm (French seafood)
The Steakhouse Winebar and Grill: 6 - 11 pm (International beef & wines)
Yan Toh Heen: 12- 3 pm, 6 - 1130pm (2 Michelin stars Cantonese)

Services:

Concierge 24 hrs (Louis Baleros, Chief Concierge)
House Doctor available
Full Business Centre (staffed, secretarial services)
Fitness Centre
Spa
Limousine service
Laundry daily same day service

“The outdoor swimming pool will undergo annual maintenance from January 22 - February 8, 2018 inclusive, with the outdoor spa pool.” and “The outdoor spa pools will undergo annual maintenance from February 26 - March 8, 2018 inclusive, with the outdoor swimming p” (sic).
Print Wikipost

IC Hong Kong Master Thread (closed for renovation until 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2014, 5:56 pm

Programs: IHG Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by RealFan
I will be at this hotel at the end of November for three nights. I am a Royal Ambassador and was booked into a Standard Room but called the hotel to pay an upcharge. First they told me that I was already upgraded to a Superior Junior Suite. Then I was told I could upgrade to an Executive Suite for an additional $350/night which I accepted.

Two questions - is that too much for each night and what is the real difference between a Superior Junior Suite and the Executive Suite? From what I can tell, I now will get an indoor Jacuzzi and an additional 200 SF.

Also, should I expect an upgrade from an Executive Suite and, if so, would the Deluxe Suite be the next step up? I'm confused by the website and trying to make sure I have the best time here that I can. Thanks in advance for any guidance.
In my personal opinion, Executive Suite is not charming. Most of them don't have jacuzzi. View is Causeway Bay side, not Central. Just spacious room. Nothing special. If you wanna higher category room than Superior Junior Suite, I strongly recommend Deluxe Junior Suite or Deluxe Suite.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 9:27 pm

Programs: UA GS, UA 1.6MM, AA LT PLT, AA 2.6MM, Intercontinental Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by Raynyan
In my personal opinion, Executive Suite is not charming. Most of them don't have jacuzzi. View is Causeway Bay side, not Central. Just spacious room. Nothing special. If you wanna higher category room than Superior Junior Suite, I strongly recommend Deluxe Junior Suite or Deluxe Suite.
Thank you for the guidance. Just to make sure I understand you, are you suggesting that I try and get myself into a Deluxe Junior Suite instead of an Executive Suite? That could save me some money
Old Oct 10, 2014, 10:06 pm

Thank you for the guidance. Just to make sure I understand you, are you suggesting that I try and get myself into a Deluxe Junior Suite instead of an Executive Suite? That could save me some money
Sure!
Old Oct 11, 2014, 1:10 am

Programs: QF Emerald EY Plat HH D
I booked a classic and just got pre upgraded to superior junior suite. Am I reading that I will also get club as RA?
Old Oct 13, 2014, 4:07 am

Programs: UA 1K MM
I confirmed the latest upgrade policy.

[IHG Rewards Club]
Club Level: No upgrade
Gold: No upgrade
Platinum: 1 category upgrade depends on availability, not guaranteed
#If you want Harbour View Room, book Superior Harbour View Room

[Ambassador]
Gold: 1 category guaranteed upgrade
Platinum: 1 category guaranteed upgrade
# If you book Deluxe Plaza View Room, your maximum upgrade will be Executive Plaza View Room

Royal Every Plaza View booking: => Superior Junior Suite with Club
Royal Every Harbour View booking: => Deluxe Junior Suite with Club
Royal Every Suite booking: => 1 category upgrade with Club
#No free upgrade to Patio, Terrace Suite, CEO Suite, and Presidential Suite

[If you want to stay rare category room]
#They are request base when booking and depends on availability
Superior Suite: Hotel regards same category as Executive Suite. For Ambassador, Book Deluxe Junior Suite and request Superior Suite. For others, Book Executive Suite and request Superior Suite
Patio Room: Book Deluxe Harbour View with pay 2000HKD extra charge
Patio Junior Suite: Book Deluxe Junior Suite with pay 2000HKD extra charge
Patio Deluxe Suite: Book Deluxe Suite with pay 2000HKD extra charge
I just called the reservations dept twice today and asked about the Club access for Royal Ambassadors. First person said they don't give free Club access. On my second call the rep said Club access for RA was a situational thing and that it wasn't guaranteed. This was very disappointing to hear as I was going to book a one week stay, but if Club access isn't provided, I will probably stay somewhere else.

Raynyan, can you share who at the hotel told you about the new upgrade policy?
Old Oct 13, 2014, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by tbear
I just called the reservations dept twice today and asked about the Club access for Royal Ambassadors. First person said they don't give free Club access. On my second call the rep said Club access for RA was a situational thing and that it wasn't guaranteed. This was very disappointing to hear as I was going to book a one week stay, but if Club access isn't provided, I will probably stay somewhere else.

Raynyan, can you share who at the hotel told you about the new upgrade policy?
From club lounge officer.
Moreover, welcome letter clearly mentioned club access is the benefit for RA.
At least I got the free access at the end of last month.
Old Oct 13, 2014, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Yes it is very clearly mentioned in the welcome letter.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 7:08 am

Programs: UA GS, UA 1.6MM, AA LT PLT, AA 2.6MM, Intercontinental Royal Ambassador
I confirmed the latest upgrade policy.

[IHG Rewards Club]
Club Level: No upgrade
Gold: No upgrade
Platinum: 1 category upgrade depends on availability, not guaranteed
#If you want Harbour View Room, book Superior Harbour View Room

[Ambassador]
Gold: 1 category guaranteed upgrade
Platinum: 1 category guaranteed upgrade
# If you book Deluxe Plaza View Room, your maximum upgrade will be Executive Plaza View Room

Royal Every Plaza View booking: => Superior Junior Suite with Club
Royal Every Harbour View booking: => Deluxe Junior Suite with Club
Royal Every Suite booking: => 1 category upgrade with Club
#No free upgrade to Patio, Terrace Suite, CEO Suite, and Presidential Suite

[If you want to stay rare category room]
#They are request base when booking and depends on availability
Superior Suite: Hotel regards same category as Executive Suite. For Ambassador, Book Deluxe Junior Suite and request Superior Suite. For others, Book Executive Suite and request Superior Suite
Patio Room: Book Deluxe Harbour View with pay 2000HKD extra charge
Patio Junior Suite: Book Deluxe Junior Suite with pay 2000HKD extra charge
Patio Deluxe Suite: Book Deluxe Suite with pay 2000HKD extra charge
My original trip was cancelled and moved to another week. This time, I booked a Deluxe Harbor View Room and am now showing an upgrade to the Deluxe Junior Suite. I called the hotel to ask about paying extra for another ugprade and was told two things - 1) I may be upgraded yet again to an Executive Suite (although Raynyan advises against this upgrade) 2) When I inquired about the payment required for one of the rare category rooms, I was quoted basically double my current rate and much less than $2,000HKD/night.

Do you have any advice as to what I should do when I check in next week? If they offer an upgrade to an Executive Suite, should I turn it down and stay in the Deluxe Junior Suite? Should I inquire about the rare category rooms? Thanks in advance for your advice and guidance.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 8:18 am

My original trip was cancelled and moved to another week. This time, I booked a Deluxe Harbor View Room and am now showing an upgrade to the Deluxe Junior Suite. I called the hotel to ask about paying extra for another ugprade and was told two things - 1) I may be upgraded yet again to an Executive Suite (although Raynyan advises against this upgrade) 2) When I inquired about the payment required for one of the rare category rooms, I was quoted basically double my current rate and much less than $2,000HKD/night.

Do you have any advice as to what I should do when I check in next week? If they offer an upgrade to an Executive Suite, should I turn it down and stay in the Deluxe Junior Suite? Should I inquire about the rare category rooms? Thanks in advance for your advice and guidance.
I cannot say anymore since I'm not sure what's your priorities.
This is floor plan of executive suite.
http://www.hongkong-intercontinental...tive_suite.gif
This room is just a spacious room and without the jacuzzi.

I don't believe this category have worth to pay. But decision is just depends on you. I can only say if this stay is your first time in IC Hong Kong, I recommend Deluxe Junior Suite or Deluxe Suite.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 7:17 am

Based on what you and Land-of-Miles said, I called the Club Lounge at the hotel today. Lounge rep said that they changed their policy this year and that RAs do get Lounge access. Yippee!!^

Thanks to both of you, I will be booking my one week stay there. Previously, I avoided this hotel because of their stingy policy. I just hope they haven't downgraded their Lounge offerings.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 7:43 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by tbear
Based on what you and Land-of-Miles said, I called the Club Lounge at the hotel today. Lounge rep said that they changed their policy this year and that RAs do get Lounge access. Yippee!!^

Thanks to both of you, I will be booking my one week stay there. Previously, I avoided this hotel because of their stingy policy. I just hope they haven't downgraded their Lounge offerings.
But not on points though, right?
Old Oct 17, 2014, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
But not on points though, right?
Sorry, don't know about a points (award) stay as I didn't ask. My stay was going to be a paid stay.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
I cannot say anymore since I'm not sure what's your priorities.
This is floor plan of executive suite.
http://www.hongkong-intercontinental...tive_suite.gif
This room is just a spacious room and without the jacuzzi.

I don't believe this category have worth to pay. But decision is just depends on you. I can only say if this stay is your first time in IC Hong Kong, I recommend Deluxe Junior Suite or Deluxe Suite.
The Deluxe Suite is great but not the hugest advance from the exec suite with separate bedroom. I had an exec suite temporarily on my last stay and it was very different to that floor plan with a separate bedroom.

Last edited by Land-of-Miles; Oct 17, 2014 at 12:56 pm
Old Oct 17, 2014, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
I had an exec suite temporarily on my last stay and it was very different to that floor plan with a separate bedroom.
That is "Superior Suite". As I wrote previous post, hotel regards this room is same price/category level to the Executive Suite.
Old Oct 18, 2014, 7:31 am

That is "Superior Suite". As I wrote previous post, hotel regards this room is same price/category level to the Executive Suite.
So as a RA, do you think I can request an upgrade to this room if I am already upgraded to an Executive Suite? I know you told me that it's better to go with the junior deluxe suite over the Executive but I assume if I can get the Superior Suite that I should go for it? It sounds nice. Thanks again for your guidance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.