Search
Old Dec 10, 2017, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: khabah
Intercontinental Hong Kong - 香港洲際酒店
18 Salisbury Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Tel. (Hong Kong): +852-2721-1211
Website (link)

AS OF APRIL 20TH, 2020, INTERCONTINENTAL HONG KONG HAS CEASED OPERATIONS IN ORDER TO COMMENCE A TWO-YEAR RENOVATION PROGRAM. IT WILL RELAUNCH AT A TO-BE-DETERMINED DATE IN 2022 AS REGENT HONG KONG.

NOTE: This property was supposed close ~12 months for refurbishment sometime after Chinese New Year (5 Feb) in 2020. It seems the moved the date (again). Rooms are currently (Sep19) bookable in Aug20)

500 rooms including 87 suites; best Hong Kong and Victoria Harbour viewsviews
. . .
(starting price ~HKD 2,249.10 / $288 USD)
Check in: 2pm (“Early check in unavailable”). It seems that with Royal Ambassador status they let you check in early.
Check out: 12pm (“Late check out unavailable” but not so IME - with Amassador or Royal Ambassador late checkout seems possible.
One complimentary parking space per room, valet parking available (HKD80 per hour for non-restaurant patrons or per additional hour)
Service Animals allowed
2 accessible guestrooms on the low floor of the hotel
Executive rooms
Club Intercontinental Executive Lounge (generally significant extra charge)
Complimentary customized Android smartphone capable of WiFi hot spot use in room (no need to buy local SIM) - seems no longer to be true as of Sep19
Link to 5 page PDF Hotel information sheet

Transportation:

From / to HKG airport:
Hotel limo (Mercedes) HKD $900 + 10% (courtesy WiFi Hot spot, water, reading material)
Hong Kong Cityflyer A21 stops at both ICHK and ICGS - 33HKD (see link for map of stops)
(ICHK) Stops on Salisbury Road outside hotel, take the MTR underpass to cross road.
(ICGS) Stops on Mody Road
https://www.hongkong.net/transportation/to-from-airport/bus/a21
Train charge (one way): 90.00 HKD (train to Kowloon Station + MTR to Tsim Sha Tsui or taxi, ~90 min), discounts for more than 1 person traveling together,you can buy ticket at arrival train station. Taxi from train station to hotel approx 40 HK$. Train every 12 min, 20 min traveltime, plus 10-15 min for taxi to hotel
Urban (red) Taxi charge (one way): 300.00 HKD (~$38 USD / 30min) (link to HKG Taxi rate charts)
Private transfer ~$99-$110 USD / 30min one way ( link)

Dining:

Lobby Lounge: 7 am - 1230 am
Harbourside: 6 am - 1230 am, casual dining (breakfast and lunch buffet, seafood dinner buffet 6 - 1030 pm, Sunday Champagne brunch 1130 am - 3 pm)
NOBU Restaurant: 1200 - 230 pm, 6 - 11 pm (new style Japanese)
Rech by Alain Ducasse: 6 pm - 11 pm (French seafood)
The Steakhouse Winebar and Grill: 6 - 11 pm (International beef & wines)
Yan Toh Heen: 12- 3 pm, 6 - 1130pm (2 Michelin stars Cantonese)

Services:

Concierge 24 hrs (Louis Baleros, Chief Concierge)
House Doctor available
Full Business Centre (staffed, secretarial services)
Fitness Centre
Spa
Limousine service
Laundry daily same day service

“The outdoor swimming pool will undergo annual maintenance from January 22 - February 8, 2018 inclusive, with the outdoor spa pool.” and “The outdoor spa pools will undergo annual maintenance from February 26 - March 8, 2018 inclusive, with the outdoor swimming p” (sic).
Print Wikipost

IC Hong Kong Master Thread (closed for renovation until 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2019, 6:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hertz Gold Plus, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by 1readyset2go
Any moderately or cheaper priced good places to eat near this property for breakfast, lunch, and dinner? We will of course try Yan Toh Heen at least once, maybe twice if its really good, but we are also looking to eat off property for several meals. I am not sure who much only being english speakers will be a hindrance? I have heard having high tea at the Pen as well is a must. We will be there in Feb for 5 nights and this will be our first trip to HKG. Eager to have some good dim sum, fresh seafood and peking duck!
You will like Yan Toh Heen. We had one of our best meals ever there recently. Just be seated when you get the check.
1readyset2go likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 7:32 pm

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by 1readyset2go
Any moderately or cheaper priced good places to eat near this property for breakfast, lunch, and dinner? We will of course try Yan Toh Heen at least once, maybe twice if its really good, but we are also looking to eat off property for several meals. I am not sure who much only being english speakers will be a hindrance? I have heard having high tea at the Pen as well is a must. We will be there in Feb for 5 nights and this will be our first trip to HKG. Eager to have some good dim sum, fresh seafood and peking duck!
Just stayed at the IC HK 4 nights early September. Prices at the hotel are quite high and local restaurants/places are at a better value for sure.

Breakfast: my wife and I like the Cafe/bakery in front of the hotel, Agnès café. Despite the bad attitude of the waitress there, the pastries were good and the coffee decent. Prices were super cheap compared to the hotel.

Restaurants: we tried maaaany restaurants and I can tell you one of the best meal was hands down in the "above & beyond" restaurants in the ICON hotel down the street. Excellent service, fantastic view and amazing food.
1readyset2go likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 10:49 pm

Programs: SPG, Marriott, United, SWA, AA
Originally Posted by Pelu
Just stayed at the IC HK 4 nights early September. Prices at the hotel are quite high and local restaurants/places are at a better value for sure.

Breakfast: my wife and I like the Cafe/bakery in front of the hotel, Agnès café. Despite the bad attitude of the waitress there, the pastries were good and the coffee decent. Prices were super cheap compared to the hotel.

Restaurants: we tried maaaany restaurants and I can tell you one of the best meal was hands down in the "above & beyond" restaurants in the ICON hotel down the street. Excellent service, fantastic view and amazing food.
Thanks for the recommendations! Marking these in my google maps.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 8:55 am

Is it possible to purchase club lounge access separately for points bookings at this property?
If so, how much should I expect to pay per night/stay?
I have no Ambassador status and I'm not planning on buying one.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 11:30 am

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by agjil
Is it possible to purchase club lounge access separately for points bookings at this property?
Yes I asked when I was there but the price was very high and I asked twice just to make sure I heard it correctly. If I remember correctly it was between 80 and 100 USD per night...Per person.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 3:08 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond
The last time I stayed (about 12 months ago), I was quoted HKD 826 for single / HKD 1,036 for double occupancy per night - I believe this may have been an Ambassador rate, as I was also offered HKD 1,180 for single / HKD 1,480 for double occupancy a few days previously before actually making the booking.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 8:03 am

Originally Posted by Pelu
Yes I asked when I was there but the price was very high and I asked twice just to make sure I heard it correctly. If I remember correctly it was between 80 and 100 USD per night...Per person.
Originally Posted by JustTheOne
The last time I stayed (about 12 months ago), I was quoted HKD 826 for single / HKD 1,036 for double occupancy per night - I believe this may have been an Ambassador rate, as I was also offered HKD 1,180 for single / HKD 1,480 for double occupancy a few days previously before actually making the booking.
Thanks for the info, those are some high rates indeed.
I'll have to see how hungry I am when I get there to decide.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 1:47 pm

Thanks for the info, those are some high rates indeed.
I'll have to see how hungry I am when I get there to decide.
If you like a lot high end champagne (or if you don't like champagne and drink bellini) the price is reasonable.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 9:02 am

I have an upcoming trip to HK, and am inclined to stay at IC for the views, restaurants, and to complete my current accellerate bonus offer. I am currently booked in a Harbour View Junior suite via ambassador one category upgrade. However, the category that appeals to me even more is the Executive Suite, also with harbour view.

Does anyone know about upsell offers upon check-in? I am thinking of trying my luck and seeing if I cannot negotiate upsell (possibly even including club access) on the spot.

At suite level, the price of this property approaches the rates of view category rooms at more expensive hotels. The other options I am considering are St. Regis Premier Harbour View room, and Ritz-Carlton club level accommodation. While these two properties are undoubtedly newer and different in some ways, the are of course not necessarily better. The view from the Junior Suite or Executive suite at IC is pretty unbeatable (definitely better than StR, and different from R-C). The Alain Ducasse and Nobu restaurants on site at IC would also complete a very nice staycation.

I would greatly appreciate it if anyone could offer advice or insights on upsell upgrades at IC, or any comments on the two alternative properties I am considering.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 5:43 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Although I cannot comment on the upsell, I would definitely recommend the IC for the views over either one of the other hotels. I also personally like the IC location much better.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by friedablass
Although I cannot comment on the upsell, I would definitely recommend the IC for the views over either one of the other hotels. I also personally like the IC location much better.
I think I am going to choose IC. The others are appealing for other reasons, but the IC Executive suite looks very spacious and has large windows to enjoy the view.

Also, with my current IHG promotions, making this stay at IC will result in a bonanza of bonus points, and bring me closet to possible RA status (which is nearly within reach based upon my stay activity this year).

Add to that the Alain Ducasse restaurant and Nobu on site for dinner, and choosing IC seems like a no brainer this time.

Will do StR and R-C when a Marriott promotion works in my favor.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 10:20 am

IC has a better view than RC?
I thought the RC had the best view among all hotels in Hong Kong.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 10:41 am

IC has a better view than RC?
I thought the RC had the best view among all hotels in Hong Kong.
Nobody said better, just different.

RC views are from over 100 stories above ground. Which is very nice if you go for that type of view. I personally like the views of the IC where you are at a normal level and the hotel is set practically right on the harbor, jutting into the water. I just love that view. Perhaps others may like the type of view you get at the Ritz (I actually also do) but my preference is the IC type of view.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by friedablass
Nobody said better, just different.

RC views are from over 100 stories above ground. Which is very nice if you go for that type of view. I personally like the views of the IC where you are at a normal level and the hotel is set practically right on the harbor, jutting into the water. I just love that view. Perhaps others may like the type of view you get at the Ritz (I actually also do) but my preference is the IC type of view.
These two hotels are pretty much as good as it gets for views. Just different, as you say.

On this occasion, I want the iconic skyline view and Victoria Harbour right outside my room.

That I am potentially close to RA, and currently have an amazing IHG point bonus on the table, just makes IC the obvious choice for this stay.

I will be back later in a month or two, and if at that time there is no significant incentive to do IC, I will choose StR or R-C. If R-C, I will choose club level, corner accommodation with harbour views.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 5:16 pm

Sounds like a plan 🙂.

Have a safe trip and enjoy your stay!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.