Search
Old Dec 10, 2017, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: khabah
Intercontinental Hong Kong - 香港洲際酒店
18 Salisbury Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Tel. (Hong Kong): +852-2721-1211
Website (link)

AS OF APRIL 20TH, 2020, INTERCONTINENTAL HONG KONG HAS CEASED OPERATIONS IN ORDER TO COMMENCE A TWO-YEAR RENOVATION PROGRAM. IT WILL RELAUNCH AT A TO-BE-DETERMINED DATE IN 2022 AS REGENT HONG KONG.

NOTE: This property was supposed close ~12 months for refurbishment sometime after Chinese New Year (5 Feb) in 2020. It seems the moved the date (again). Rooms are currently (Sep19) bookable in Aug20)

500 rooms including 87 suites; best Hong Kong and Victoria Harbour viewsviews
. . .
(starting price ~HKD 2,249.10 / $288 USD)
Check in: 2pm (“Early check in unavailable”). It seems that with Royal Ambassador status they let you check in early.
Check out: 12pm (“Late check out unavailable” but not so IME - with Amassador or Royal Ambassador late checkout seems possible.
One complimentary parking space per room, valet parking available (HKD80 per hour for non-restaurant patrons or per additional hour)
Service Animals allowed
2 accessible guestrooms on the low floor of the hotel
Executive rooms
Club Intercontinental Executive Lounge (generally significant extra charge)
Complimentary customized Android smartphone capable of WiFi hot spot use in room (no need to buy local SIM) - seems no longer to be true as of Sep19
Link to 5 page PDF Hotel information sheet

Transportation:

From / to HKG airport:
Hotel limo (Mercedes) HKD $900 + 10% (courtesy WiFi Hot spot, water, reading material)
Hong Kong Cityflyer A21 stops at both ICHK and ICGS - 33HKD (see link for map of stops)
(ICHK) Stops on Salisbury Road outside hotel, take the MTR underpass to cross road.
(ICGS) Stops on Mody Road
https://www.hongkong.net/transportation/to-from-airport/bus/a21
Train charge (one way): 90.00 HKD (train to Kowloon Station + MTR to Tsim Sha Tsui or taxi, ~90 min), discounts for more than 1 person traveling together,you can buy ticket at arrival train station. Taxi from train station to hotel approx 40 HK$. Train every 12 min, 20 min traveltime, plus 10-15 min for taxi to hotel
Urban (red) Taxi charge (one way): 300.00 HKD (~$38 USD / 30min) (link to HKG Taxi rate charts)
Private transfer ~$99-$110 USD / 30min one way ( link)

Dining:

Lobby Lounge: 7 am - 1230 am
Harbourside: 6 am - 1230 am, casual dining (breakfast and lunch buffet, seafood dinner buffet 6 - 1030 pm, Sunday Champagne brunch 1130 am - 3 pm)
NOBU Restaurant: 1200 - 230 pm, 6 - 11 pm (new style Japanese)
Rech by Alain Ducasse: 6 pm - 11 pm (French seafood)
The Steakhouse Winebar and Grill: 6 - 11 pm (International beef & wines)
Yan Toh Heen: 12- 3 pm, 6 - 1130pm (2 Michelin stars Cantonese)

Services:

Concierge 24 hrs (Louis Baleros, Chief Concierge)
House Doctor available
Full Business Centre (staffed, secretarial services)
Fitness Centre
Spa
Limousine service
Laundry daily same day service

“The outdoor swimming pool will undergo annual maintenance from January 22 - February 8, 2018 inclusive, with the outdoor spa pool.” and “The outdoor spa pools will undergo annual maintenance from February 26 - March 8, 2018 inclusive, with the outdoor swimming p” (sic).
Print Wikipost

IC Hong Kong Master Thread (closed for renovation until 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2019, 1:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
I think I am going to choose IC. The others are appealing for other reasons, but the IC Executive suite looks very spacious and has large windows to enjoy the view.

Also, with my current IHG promotions, making this stay at IC will result in a bonanza of bonus points, and bring me closet to possible RA status (which is nearly within reach based upon my stay activity this year).

Add to that the Alain Ducasse restaurant and Nobu on site for dinner, and choosing IC seems like a no brainer this time.

Will do StR and R-C when a Marriott promotion works in my favor.
So those two restaurants are worth trying? Just curious if paying by card at the restaurants, what will it code as?
Old Nov 28, 2019, 5:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by lsquare
So those two restaurants are worth trying? Just curious if paying by card at the restaurants, what will it code as?
There are four restaurants worth dining at and great for business entertaining at IC-HK:
Alain Ducasse
Nobu
Yan Toh Heen
The Steak House

Since the Kowloon Club closed, I subscribe to IC-HK dining membership which gives dining discount and reservation priority at all of IC's dining/bar as well as room discounts. It was great for business entertaining as well as fireworks parties in the harbourview suites.
lsquare likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tentseller
There are four restaurants worth dining at and great for business entertaining at IC-HK:
Alain Ducasse
Nobu
Yan Toh Heen
The Steak House

Since the Kowloon Club closed, I subscribe to IC-HK dining membership which gives dining discount and reservation priority at all of IC's dining/bar as well as room discounts. It was great for business entertaining as well as fireworks parties in the harbourview suites.
What are the prices like? I'll be there for two nights. Guess I can try all four if I have the time.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What are the prices like? I'll be there for two nights. Guess I can try all four if I have the time.
The prices are comparable to the other hotel's *'d dining in HK.

2 days, two lunches and two dinners = 4 meals
lsquare likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 3:47 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
I'll be back in HK in early 2020 and this is my first time staying at an IC there. I booked a superior room. From the pictures, I don't recalled seeing a room with a window. I have Platinum Ambassador status. Is there anything that I can do now to ensure that j can get the best room possible for my rate? Am I entitled to a room upgrade and 4 PM check-out due to my status?

I'm guessing breakfast isn't included. Is it worth paying for it? Is the quality any good?

Since this will be my first time staying there, does anyone here have tips and advice on restaurants and activities to do in the area? Hopefully the protests won't be a problem then.
I'm PA as well and having booked a deluxe room I've been upgraded to Harbour View. I've got a stay next week and my booking was upgraded shortly after confirmation. I presume a superior room will get you upgrade to a deluxe as it's one category up.
lsquare likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 6:10 pm

Programs: Intercontinental Royal Ambassador, Bonvoy, Aeroflot Platinum, Delta SkyMiles, KLM Flying Blue
Originally Posted by woobl
I'm PA as well and having booked a deluxe room I've been upgraded to Harbour View. I've got a stay next week and my booking was upgraded shortly after confirmation. I presume a superior room will get you upgrade to a deluxe as it's one category up.
That's correct. I am staying at Intercontinental HK this week and I booked a Superior room for 5 nights. They upgraded me to a Deluxe room (plaza view) for my Ambassador upgrade.

I must say though, for all the great reviews I've read about the IC HK, I have to say that it feels really old and outdated. The furniture and electronics are from the 90s. The service is acceptable / standard, but not as good as I've had at other IC hotels in Asia.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 7:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Gentleman Adventurer
That's correct. I am staying at Intercontinental HK this week and I booked a Superior room for 5 nights. They upgraded me to a Deluxe room (plaza view) for my Ambassador upgrade.

I must say though, for all the great reviews I've read about the IC HK, I have to say that it feels really old and outdated. The furniture and electronics are from the 90s. The service is acceptable / standard, but not as good as I've had at other IC hotels in Asia.
Makes me think I should have booked my stay at Stamford instead? The funny thing is that it’s cheaper for the dates I had in mind and yet I still went with ICHK.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 11:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If the best harbour view in the city and in-house fine dining is not you thing then ICGS might be better value.

IC HK will be closing for extensive renovation in 2020 and reopen as a Regent, a newly acquired IHG brand which was the original flag of this property.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 12:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If the best harbour view in the city and in-house fine dining is not you thing then ICGS might be better value.

IC HK will be closing for extensive renovation in 2020 and reopen as a Regent, a newly acquired IHG brand which was the original flag of this property.
How long is the renovation going to be? If it's re-flagging as a Regent, I'm assuming neither Ambassador nor IHG status will apply?

Last edited by lsquare; Nov 30, 2019 at 2:55 am
Old Nov 30, 2019, 1:42 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, IHG Spire, AMEX Plat

Isnt the hotel going through renovations at them moment I thought I saw scaffolding etc up on my last HK visit.

I thought the closure would be to renovate the parts you can’t quickly do while still operating (maybe kitchens, lobby etc)
Old Dec 10, 2019, 10:51 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
Originally Posted by TGLoyalty
Isnt the hotel going through renovations at them moment I thought I saw scaffolding etc up on my last HK visit.

I thought the closure would be to renovate the parts you can’t quickly do while still operating (maybe kitchens, lobby etc)
I was just at the ICHK and asked about the renovations. They will be closing the entire hotel for a complete remodel at the end of 2020 (possibly 2021). It will not be done in phases - it will be all at once, but possibly the restaurants will remain open or closed only part of the time.

As for scaffolding, they completed a walkway access with the K11 Musea mall just a few months ago. Also, I think (this is purely speculative) that they are testing different redesign concepts. I was on the 9th floor and 4 of the rooms (not occupied) had a different doorway than the others. 2 were designed with sleek dark wood and lighted marble trim and 2 were more traditional Asian with pale gold/ivory brocade trim.
Old Dec 11, 2019, 12:16 pm

Programs: IHG RA, IHG IC, HH DM, MPC GM
I stayed in the Mock Up rooms before and they do not look Regent or Intercontinental inside. In fact it looks a bit more like a Kimpton or Indigo design.

I will be back on Saturday. Will you still be around?

Originally Posted by TravelLawyer
I was just at the ICHK and asked about the renovations. They will be closing the entire hotel for a complete remodel at the end of 2020 (possibly 2021). It will not be done in phases - it will be all at once, but possibly the restaurants will remain open or closed only part of the time.

As for scaffolding, they completed a walkway access with the K11 Musea mall just a few months ago. Also, I think (this is purely speculative) that they are testing different redesign concepts. I was on the 9th floor and 4 of the rooms (not occupied) had a different doorway than the others. 2 were designed with sleek dark wood and lighted marble trim and 2 were more traditional Asian with pale gold/ivory brocade trim.
Old Dec 11, 2019, 12:18 pm

Yeah you will get to choose between Welcome points, Welcome Drink, or a Breakfast and only possibly room upgrade depending on availability.

How long is the renovation going to be? If it's re-flagging as a Regent, I'm assuming neither Ambassador nor IHG status will apply?
Old Dec 11, 2019, 1:17 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
Originally Posted by Mr. Chan
I stayed in the Mock Up rooms before and they do not look Regent or Intercontinental inside. In fact it looks a bit more like a Kimpton or Indigo design.

I will be back on Saturday. Will you still be around?
That is very interesting. I did not know they were renting out the mock-up rooms. And it's also interesting that they do not look Regent or IC inside. They appeared to be unoccupied during our stay. We are already back in the US, so we will not be around. Have fun! We are going to try to squeeze in one more stay in 2020 before they close for remodeling.
Old Dec 11, 2019, 1:26 pm

they only rent out to selected guests who returns more than they should for feedback

Originally Posted by TravelLawyer
That is very interesting. I did not know they were renting out the mock-up rooms. And it's also interesting that they do not look Regent or IC inside. They appeared to be unoccupied during our stay. We are already back in the US, so we will not be around. Have fun! We are going to try to squeeze in one more stay in 2020 before they close for remodeling.
TravelLawyer and friedablass like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.