Search
Old Dec 10, 2017, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: khabah
Intercontinental Hong Kong - 香港洲際酒店
18 Salisbury Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Tel. (Hong Kong): +852-2721-1211
Website (link)

AS OF APRIL 20TH, 2020, INTERCONTINENTAL HONG KONG HAS CEASED OPERATIONS IN ORDER TO COMMENCE A TWO-YEAR RENOVATION PROGRAM. IT WILL RELAUNCH AT A TO-BE-DETERMINED DATE IN 2022 AS REGENT HONG KONG.

NOTE: This property was supposed close ~12 months for refurbishment sometime after Chinese New Year (5 Feb) in 2020. It seems the moved the date (again). Rooms are currently (Sep19) bookable in Aug20)

500 rooms including 87 suites; best Hong Kong and Victoria Harbour viewsviews
. . .
(starting price ~HKD 2,249.10 / $288 USD)
Check in: 2pm (“Early check in unavailable”). It seems that with Royal Ambassador status they let you check in early.
Check out: 12pm (“Late check out unavailable” but not so IME - with Amassador or Royal Ambassador late checkout seems possible.
One complimentary parking space per room, valet parking available (HKD80 per hour for non-restaurant patrons or per additional hour)
Service Animals allowed
2 accessible guestrooms on the low floor of the hotel
Executive rooms
Club Intercontinental Executive Lounge (generally significant extra charge)
Complimentary customized Android smartphone capable of WiFi hot spot use in room (no need to buy local SIM) - seems no longer to be true as of Sep19
Link to 5 page PDF Hotel information sheet

Transportation:

From / to HKG airport:
Hotel limo (Mercedes) HKD $900 + 10% (courtesy WiFi Hot spot, water, reading material)
Hong Kong Cityflyer A21 stops at both ICHK and ICGS - 33HKD (see link for map of stops)
(ICHK) Stops on Salisbury Road outside hotel, take the MTR underpass to cross road.
(ICGS) Stops on Mody Road
https://www.hongkong.net/transportation/to-from-airport/bus/a21
Train charge (one way): 90.00 HKD (train to Kowloon Station + MTR to Tsim Sha Tsui or taxi, ~90 min), discounts for more than 1 person traveling together,you can buy ticket at arrival train station. Taxi from train station to hotel approx 40 HK$. Train every 12 min, 20 min traveltime, plus 10-15 min for taxi to hotel
Urban (red) Taxi charge (one way): 300.00 HKD (~$38 USD / 30min) (link to HKG Taxi rate charts)
Private transfer ~$99-$110 USD / 30min one way ( link)

Dining:

Lobby Lounge: 7 am - 1230 am
Harbourside: 6 am - 1230 am, casual dining (breakfast and lunch buffet, seafood dinner buffet 6 - 1030 pm, Sunday Champagne brunch 1130 am - 3 pm)
NOBU Restaurant: 1200 - 230 pm, 6 - 11 pm (new style Japanese)
Rech by Alain Ducasse: 6 pm - 11 pm (French seafood)
The Steakhouse Winebar and Grill: 6 - 11 pm (International beef & wines)
Yan Toh Heen: 12- 3 pm, 6 - 1130pm (2 Michelin stars Cantonese)

Services:

Concierge 24 hrs (Louis Baleros, Chief Concierge)
House Doctor available
Full Business Centre (staffed, secretarial services)
Fitness Centre
Spa
Limousine service
Laundry daily same day service

“The outdoor swimming pool will undergo annual maintenance from January 22 - February 8, 2018 inclusive, with the outdoor spa pool.” and “The outdoor spa pools will undergo annual maintenance from February 26 - March 8, 2018 inclusive, with the outdoor swimming p” (sic).
Print Wikipost

IC Hong Kong Master Thread (closed for renovation until 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2011, 5:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by no-backpacker
(Oh, how I miss HK, and the food... )
Me too. Both the "hidden" upstairs Cantonese places, and a few of the upscale hotel restaurants, mostly at the MO. My current favorite hot spot is Yè Shanghai in the Pacific Place mall. Good luck getting a table though! I only got in due to a friend of a friend who works there.
Old Jun 8, 2011, 12:54 am

Great thread. Shame the Ambassador benefits are not available with friends and family.

Do I get benefits with the BOGO night?
Old Jun 8, 2011, 1:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by COOLIO
Great thread. Shame the Ambassador benefits are not available with friends and family.

Do I get benefits with the BOGO night?
With BOGO you get the bennies.

While IC HK confirmed me in writing, that bennies don't apply for F&F , in real life they did give all the bennies, incl. upgrade.
Old Jun 8, 2011, 11:21 pm
Community Director Emerita

Here is the list I've just received from the hotel of the room categories and sizes:
  • Deluxe Suite with Harbour View (approximately 1,130 sq ft)
  • Executive Suite with Harbour View (approximately 750 sq ft)
  • Deluxe Junior Suite with Harbour View (approximately 550 sq ft)
  • Superior Junior Suite (approximately 525 sq ft)
  • Deluxe Harbour View Room (approximately 450 sq ft)
  • Superior Harbour View Room (approximately 350 sq ft)
  • Executive Plaza View Room (approximately 425 sq ft)
  • Deluxe Plaza View Room (approximately 425 sq ft)
  • Superior Plaza View Room (approximately 350 sq ft)

Here is the lounge information:
Enjoy buffet breakfast, afternoon tea and evening cocktails for a daily supplement of HK$900 (for single occupancy) and HK$1100 (for double occupancy), plus 10% service charge per room per night.
Old Jun 9, 2011, 4:50 am

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
And here is a list of RA upgrades:
Deluxe Suite with Harbor View to Club InterContinental access
Executive Suite with Harbour View to Club InterContinental access
Deluxe Junior Suite with Harbour View to Executive Suite with Harbour View Superior Junior Suite to Executive Suite with Harbour View
Deluxe Harbour View Room to Deluxe Junior Suite with Harbour View
Superior Harbour View Room to Superior Junior Suite
Executive Plaza View Room to Deluxe Harbour View Room
Deluxe Plaza View Room to Superior Harbour View Room
Superior Plaza View Room to Executive Plaza View Room

No upgrades to better suites when I asked, although I know others have received terrace or presidential suite when booking deluxe suite.
Old Jun 9, 2011, 1:09 pm

Programs: CI: Emer; CX: Sliver; DL: PM; PC: RA;
Originally Posted by price123
Deluxe Junior Suite with Harbour View to Executive Suite with Harbour View Superior Junior Suite to Executive Suite with Harbour View

No upgrades to better suites when I asked, although I know others have received terrace or presidential suite when booking deluxe suite.
I think what OP means is for AMB.
earlier this year I booked cheapest superior plaza view room and was UG to Superior JR suite (not sure with harbour view or not). i later cancelled reservation due to ICHK has some facility maintance and the pool was clased down.
Old Jun 9, 2011, 1:50 pm

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
No I asked and was told this was for Royal Ambassador. Checked but was told that is upgrade list
Old Jun 10, 2011, 12:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by price123

I had the choice between a junior suite with (small) balcony and a (huge) Suite with Harbor View when booking the cheapest advance rate with club access
Old Jun 11, 2011, 1:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Here is the list I've just received from the hotel of the room categories and sizes:
  • Deluxe Suite with Harbour View (approximately 1,130 sq ft)
  • Executive Suite with Harbour View (approximately 750 sq ft)
  • Deluxe Junior Suite with Harbour View (approximately 550 sq ft)
  • Superior Junior Suite (approximately 525 sq ft)
  • Deluxe Harbour View Room (approximately 450 sq ft)
  • Superior Harbour View Room (approximately 350 sq ft)
  • Executive Plaza View Room (approximately 425 sq ft)
  • Deluxe Plaza View Room (approximately 425 sq ft)
  • Superior Plaza View Room (approximately 350 sq ft)

Here is the lounge information:
Enjoy buffet breakfast, afternoon tea and evening cocktails for a daily supplement of HK$900 (for single occupancy) and HK$1100 (for double occupancy), plus 10% service charge per room per night.
Did you have to request this? Wish all hotels would provide this on the web.
Old Jun 11, 2011, 3:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Did you have to request this? Wish all hotels would provide this on the web.
As soon as you ask them, you get this by email. Not all hotels are ready to bind themselves by publishing an upgrade list. IC HK does. Some describe their policy as stingy, I find it consistent and quite nice. Superior Junior Suite is the best one can book as a RA.
Old Jun 11, 2011, 11:56 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
As soon as you ask them, you get this by email. Not all hotels are ready to bind themselves by publishing an upgrade list. IC HK does. Some describe their policy as stingy, I find it consistent and quite nice. Superior Junior Suite is the best one can book as a RA.
Good to know. Esp since with RA you're supposed to get Club room/suite.
Old Jun 12, 2011, 12:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Good to know. Esp since with RA you're supposed to get Club room/suite.
You are supposed to get Executive Room/Club Room/ Suite. This makes a bit of a difference because an executive room can mean nothing. Club Room means nothing in Hong Kong, they do not have any as club access is sold indivudually. However, when you book a Superior Junior Suite you get routinely upgraded to an Executive Suite and this is a meaningful upgrade. Other ICs would give you a one-category-upgrade from a suite at best, Hong Kong always gives two categories (at least).
Old Jun 12, 2011, 11:29 pm

Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
You are supposed to get Executive Room/Club Room/ Suite. This makes a bit of a difference because an executive room can mean nothing. Club Room means nothing in Hong Kong, they do not have any as club access is sold indivudually. However, when you book a Superior Junior Suite you get routinely upgraded to an Executive Suite and this is a meaningful upgrade. Other ICs would give you a one-category-upgrade from a suite at best, Hong Kong always gives two categories (at least).
But HK IC (and GS) both only allow UG or club access, whereas most IC's allow both.
Old Jun 13, 2011, 4:34 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
But HK IC (and GS) both only allow UG or club access, whereas most IC's allow both.
Which ones do come to your mind there? Several that I can think of handle it similar to HKG. For example IC BKK does upgrade from Grand Deluxe to Club room with Club access but one should know that the rooms are almost 100% identical in layout and furnishings. You can get a corner suite, but no club. IC SIN also gives Club or a room upgrade IIRC. IC CGK (Jakarta) does not include Club into upgrade from my past stays and neither does IC Bali. Maybe it's an Asia thing to restrict and only give one or the other. Not sure.
Old Jun 13, 2011, 5:00 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Spire RA
Originally Posted by demue
Which ones do come to your mind there? Several that I can think of handle it similar to HKG. For example IC BKK does upgrade from Grand Deluxe to Club room with Club access but one should know that the rooms are almost 100% identical in layout and furnishings. You can get a corner suite, but no club. IC SIN also gives Club or a room upgrade IIRC. IC CGK (Jakarta) does not include Club into upgrade from my past stays and neither does IC Bali. Maybe it's an Asia thing to restrict and only give one or the other. Not sure.
IC Montreal and IC Istanbul, only to mention two

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.