Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 10, 2018, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyerTalker688786
Ambassador programme will change on 1st February 2019. This will start with Royal Ambassador's benefits. Then, all other Ambassador will have new benefits from 1st March 2019.

For Royal Ambassadors, the new benefits starts from 1st FEB 2019 will be:
  1. EARLY CHECK-IN from 10AM (instead of 8AM)
  2. ONE COMPLIMENTARY BREAKFAST FOR EVERY NIGHT YOU STAY [CONFIRMED AS IN GREATER CHINA REGION ONLY, On 1st March, it seems IHG quietly made a U-turn again, now this benefit only APPLIES TO IC HOTELS IN MAINLAND CHINA ONLY, Hong Kong IC hotels are excluded on the last minute U-turn.]
  3. UP TO TWO COMPLIMENTARY FULL BREAKFASTS PER DAY IF THERE IS NO CLUB LOUNGE
  4. UPTO 50USD/200RMB/400HKD MINIBAR CREDIT PER DAY (200USD/800RMB/1600HKD PER STAY MAX)
  5. WAIVED DESTINATION/AMENITY FEES
  6. COMPLIMENTARY WEEKEND NIGHT CERTIFICATE WITH E-DELIVERY
  7. AMBASSADOR BENEFIT GUARANTEE (See below)
  8. [Officially Added Benefits] FREE NIGHTS AT AN IHG PROPERTY (capped at 70K points value)
  9. [Officially Added Benefits] HERTZ GOLD PLUS REWARDS PRESIDENTS' CIRCLE MEMBERSHIP

For all other Ambassadors, the new benefit starts on 1st MARCH 2019:
  1. GUARANTEED PLATINUM ELITE STATUS IN IHG REWARDS CLUB
  2. ONE COMPLIMENTARY BREAKFAST FOR EVERY NIGHT YOU STAY <== Only for Greater China Stays !
  3. COMPLIMENTARY WEEKEND NIGHT CERTIFICATE WITH E-DELIVERY
  4. WELCOME FRUIT PLATTER (instead of welcome fruits and gifts) <== Only for Greater China Stays !
  5. AMBASSADOR BENEFIT GUARANTEE
ADDITIONAL BENEFITS FOR STAYS IN GREATER CHINA ONLY:
One complimentary breakfast every night you stay
15% discount on restaurants and bars

AMBASSADOR BENEFIT GURANTEE work as bellow:
  1. Guaranteed Room Upgrade: Member must be given a food and beverage or Spa credit up to USD50, or 10,000 IHG Rewards Club points per stay, applies to InterContinental Ambassador and Royal Ambassador only;
  2. 16:00 (4p.m.) Late Check-out: Member must be given a food and beverage or Spa credit up to USD50, or 10,000 IHG Rewards Club points per stay, applies to InterContinental Ambassador and Royal Ambassador only;
  3. New Club InterContinental Lounge Access or alternative Club experience: Member must be given a food and beverage or Spa credit of USD100 per night, not exceeding the Club InterContinental upgrade supplement value, applies to Royal Ambassador only.
Print Wikipost

Changes to Ambassador from 1st March 2019 (now confirmed)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2018, 11:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by scubaccr
Breakfast is ONLY for Greater China
So after all that, basically the only enhancement coming (other than greater china for some odd reason) is a lousy $20 food credit per stay (not even per night) which in most ICs will cover about half a breakfast for one...

Looks like I'll be sticking with Hilton.

Last edited by clubman; Dec 16, 2018 at 11:24 pm
Old Dec 16, 2018, 11:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
NEW EXCLUSIVE BENEFITS STARTING IN EARLY 2019:
Platinum Elite status in IHG Rewards Club

Wonder if this means IHG are finally closing the unofficial but well known "loophole" wherby some get Spire just once then buy Ambassador each year for usd150 to maintain/renew Spire without qualifying on 75kEQP's or 75nights
Possibly, although I'm not sure there is any connection. Ambassador always gave you Gold membership and for years that was the the second highest level (while Platinum was top). Now that Spire exists perhaps they are just brining it inline with that.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 2:30 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Reading on IHG it seems that while the breakie is only for China, they introduce a 20$ voucher for restaurant?
Old Dec 17, 2018, 3:21 am

Programs: SQ S, IHG Diamond/Amb, Accor S
Originally Posted by FFlash
Reading on IHG it seems that while the breakie is only for China, they introduce a 20$ voucher for restaurant?
In all other currencies the value is considerably less than $20, for Malaysia and Vietnam even only $12 to $13. And what will happen to the welcome drink, the "in-room gift" and the fruit? It seems that fruit is now also only for China whereas the rest is not mentioned at all.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 4:16 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Rebook is a)cancel b)book again.
Bogo Cert as not expired, you can't use physical bogo cert past it's expiry date (like one can do with CC or IHG free night certs) will return to account to be reused
Wonder if having several Amb weekend bookings (with intention of choosing later which one to keep) would still be possible.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 6:17 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by DuMaInSin
And what will happen to the welcome drink, the "in-room gift" and the fruit? It seems that fruit is now also only for China whereas the rest is not mentioned at all.
Very disappointed to see the removal of the welcome amenity, especially since they just tried to improve it two or so years ago by allowing the preference selection of fruit, sweet or savory snack (not that all properties followed that).
Old Dec 17, 2018, 8:08 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Have updated Wiki as foc Breakfast is ONLY for Greater China

https://www.ihg.com/intercontinental...r/new-benefits
Platinum Elite status in IHG Rewards Club
Up to USD20 restaurants & bars credit for every stay***
Ambassador Benefits Guarantee to ensure you make the most out of every stay
E-delivery of complimentary weekend night certificate

One complimentary breakfast every night you stay
15% discount on restaurants and bars
Thanks for update. I hope now no more people ask me for source. And just to confirm, the original documents I saw has no mentioning that free breakfast is for Greater China only. And I was led to believe it is going to be global. Needlessly to say I am disappointed. Then again my information is based in China. So understandably this is the result.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 9:59 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Worldwide free breakfast = fake news
seat38a likes this.

Last edited by est-gratuite; Dec 17, 2018 at 10:06 am
Old Dec 17, 2018, 10:10 am

Have updated Wiki as foc Breakfast is ONLY for Greater China

https://www.ihg.com/intercontinental...r/new-benefits

• Platinum Elite status in IHG Rewards Club
• Up to USD20 restaurants & bars credit for every stay***
• Ambassador Benefits Guarantee to ensure you make the most out of every stay
• E-delivery of complimentary weekend night certificate

• One complimentary breakfast every night you stay
• 15% discount on restaurants and bars

What a totally lousy set of "enhancements".
Do they really expect normal ambassador members to take this seriously ?
This is the mickey mouse operation IHG has become.

Last edited by est-gratuite; Dec 17, 2018 at 10:20 am
Old Dec 17, 2018, 10:50 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by est-gratuite
Worldwide free breakfast = fake news
Hi, no need to be so jerk about it. As I said, the document I saw did not state the free breakfast is for Greater China only. I made all the effort to type every single word of that document into wiki. Please show some respect, even just for the hard work of retyping every single word of that document here.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 10:54 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by clubman
Possibly, although I'm not sure there is any connection. Ambassador always gave you Gold membership and for years that was the the second highest level (while Platinum was top). Now that Spire exists perhaps they are just brining it inline with that.
I think scubaccr is talking about that you can renew your Spire when you renew Ambassador every year for now. This loophole has unofficially existed for a while. So it seems to scubaccr that IHG is to close this loophole by giving Platinum to all Ambassadors while no longer giving Spire when Ambassador renew their membership.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by chongcao
Hi, no need to be so jerk about it.

No need to get so emotional and have meltdowns everytime someone questions your claims either.
seat38a likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 12:00 pm

Am I the only one who thought this rumour was too good to be true for Ambassadors? Paying 200 USD a year for one free bf on each stay would be a pretty big benefit for the client, and canibalise a whole lot of revenue for the hotels.

Plain Ambassador is just a paid membership. No loyalty.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 1:20 pm

Programs: Amex Centurion
I don't know about most people, but currently I ask for late checkout only once in a while. Maybe one in ten stays. But if this is true, I will be requesting late checkout EVERY STAY. Even if I have no intention of checking out late. I will be collecting $50 or points every time I am denied.
est-gratuite, FFlash and seat38a like this.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 1:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by 336
Am I the only one who thought this rumour was too good to be true for Ambassadors? Paying 200 USD a year for one free bf on each stay would be a pretty big benefit for the client, and canibalise a whole lot of revenue for the hotels.

Plain Ambassador is just a paid membership. No loyalty.
Yes, it is an empty suit program.

the 15k points and the 10% rebate on award redemptions is the only reason I renew. Anything else is a bonus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.