Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 10, 2018, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyerTalker688786
Ambassador programme will change on 1st February 2019. This will start with Royal Ambassador's benefits. Then, all other Ambassador will have new benefits from 1st March 2019.

For Royal Ambassadors, the new benefits starts from 1st FEB 2019 will be:
  1. EARLY CHECK-IN from 10AM (instead of 8AM)
  2. ONE COMPLIMENTARY BREAKFAST FOR EVERY NIGHT YOU STAY [CONFIRMED AS IN GREATER CHINA REGION ONLY, On 1st March, it seems IHG quietly made a U-turn again, now this benefit only APPLIES TO IC HOTELS IN MAINLAND CHINA ONLY, Hong Kong IC hotels are excluded on the last minute U-turn.]
  3. UP TO TWO COMPLIMENTARY FULL BREAKFASTS PER DAY IF THERE IS NO CLUB LOUNGE
  4. UPTO 50USD/200RMB/400HKD MINIBAR CREDIT PER DAY (200USD/800RMB/1600HKD PER STAY MAX)
  5. WAIVED DESTINATION/AMENITY FEES
  6. COMPLIMENTARY WEEKEND NIGHT CERTIFICATE WITH E-DELIVERY
  7. AMBASSADOR BENEFIT GUARANTEE (See below)
  8. [Officially Added Benefits] FREE NIGHTS AT AN IHG PROPERTY (capped at 70K points value)
  9. [Officially Added Benefits] HERTZ GOLD PLUS REWARDS PRESIDENTS' CIRCLE MEMBERSHIP

For all other Ambassadors, the new benefit starts on 1st MARCH 2019:
  1. GUARANTEED PLATINUM ELITE STATUS IN IHG REWARDS CLUB
  2. ONE COMPLIMENTARY BREAKFAST FOR EVERY NIGHT YOU STAY <== Only for Greater China Stays !
  3. COMPLIMENTARY WEEKEND NIGHT CERTIFICATE WITH E-DELIVERY
  4. WELCOME FRUIT PLATTER (instead of welcome fruits and gifts) <== Only for Greater China Stays !
  5. AMBASSADOR BENEFIT GUARANTEE
ADDITIONAL BENEFITS FOR STAYS IN GREATER CHINA ONLY:
• One complimentary breakfast every night you stay
• 15% discount on restaurants and bars

AMBASSADOR BENEFIT GURANTEE work as bellow:
  1. Guaranteed Room Upgrade: Member must be given a food and beverage or Spa credit up to USD50, or 10,000 IHG Rewards Club points per stay, applies to InterContinental Ambassador and Royal Ambassador only;
  2. 16:00 (4p.m.) Late Check-out: Member must be given a food and beverage or Spa credit up to USD50, or 10,000 IHG Rewards Club points per stay, applies to InterContinental Ambassador and Royal Ambassador only;
  3. New Club InterContinental Lounge Access or alternative Club experience: Member must be given a food and beverage or Spa credit of USD100 per night, not exceeding the Club InterContinental upgrade supplement value, applies to Royal Ambassador only.
Print Wikipost

Changes to Ambassador from 1st March 2019 (now confirmed)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2018, 10:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by mster
Are Ambassadors / Royal Ambassadors guaranteed benefits on award stays?
No. Though in practice I've usually received the benefits that count, though I've not pushed the mini-bar angle.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 9:02 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Originally Posted by mster
Are Ambassadors / Royal Ambassadors guaranteed benefits on award stays?
They are selectively guaranteed (4 PM late check out remains guaranteed, but upgrade apparently not), unless they have changed T&C yet again. There was mutual contradiction in T&C in fact the last time I went through the thing and discussed it with GR Manager of one of the ICs.

In practice hotels tend to honor the complete set anyway, but I would not rely on upgrade, if that is crucial.

At the same time benefits are guaranteed fully on paid third-party bookings, as long as rate booked is a public one.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 9:10 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Originally Posted by uastarflyer
Likewise Platinum no Ambassador gets you nothing in an IC. And frankly pretty mulch zilch everywhere else too.
Not exactly correct. One is likely to get late check out to 2 PM and upgrade based on availability in IC if having non-Ambassador IHG status, even Gold. The difference is that these would be at property discretion and if not given, you cannot complain.
As for other brands, I have been pretty happy with upgrades as a Platinum. What I found somewhat displeasing is that several properties (CP & HI) that gave Club level upgrade excluded Club access itself (does not make much sense to me – Hilton has better policy for their corresponding status here).
Old Dec 31, 2018, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
As (prospective) Ambassador these are changes I'm gonna like, particularly the free breakfast (though lounge access would be better). Also like the $50 guarantee as it provides a bit more leverage with the front desk on the "upgrades"

Too bad RAs will lose the 8am checkin, that's huge sometimes for TATL and TPAC early am arrivals. Much more important to me than the late checkout.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 9:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
The up to $20 credit is consistent with the concept of the Kimpton "raid the bar" credit which is $10 in most US locations, $15 in NYC, and maybe different internationally, I don't remember. Also note that some of the smaller Kimptons don't really have a restaurant.

But as a current Inner Circle, it does seem like they are aiming for a rationalization of the Kimpton, Regent, and Intercontinental status programs as they know that Spire just means a points bonus and not any real per-stay benefits.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 4:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by Boraxo
As (prospective) Ambassador these are changes I'm gonna like, particularly the free breakfast
At Greater China properties only.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 10:28 am

Programs: IHG RA, IHG IC, HH DM, MPC GM
I called in this evening to check if RA could still check-in at 8am for my Feb 2019 stay and was told it will be changed to 10am at the earliest. I said it was a pitty and suddenly the lady on Ambassador hotline said The RA Kit will come with new complementary night certificate which is not the same as the complementary weekend certificate. Seems to be the first time to hear of this new change/benefit to RA for 2019 calendar year.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 10:47 am

Programs: IHG RA, IHG IC, HH DM, MPC GM
The RA Welcome email just arrived with a link with new benefits but the forum would not let me include the link.

Here is the info though:

ROYAL BENEFITS
STARTING IN FEBRUARY 2019:
• Free night at an IHG® property**
• Two complimentary breakfasts per night at properties without a Club InterContinental lounge
• Waived destination/amenity fees
• Early check-in, beginning at 10am
• Up to USD50 minibar credit for each night you stay***
• E-delivery of complimentary weekend night certificate
• Ambassador Benefits Guarantee to ensure you make the most out of every stay
• Hertz Gold Plus Rewards® President’s Circle® membership

Old Jan 4, 2019, 11:27 am

Programs: IHG Diamond / RA / IC | LH FTL + United Gold
Originally Posted by Mr. Chan
The RA Welcome email just arrived with a link with new benefits but the forum would not let me include the link.
https://www.ihg.com/intercontinental...b-new-benefits
Old Jan 4, 2019, 12:23 pm

There are 2 new interesting points which I didn't realized first:
  • Free night at an IHG property and
Now it looks not so bad as in the beginning - of course the cap with the minibar and early check in at 10am is kind of frustrating but let's see how things are going to develop and the hotels deal with them.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by marlin1978
There are 2 new interesting points which I didn't realized first:
  • Free night at an IHG property and
Now it looks not so bad as in the beginning - of course the cap with the minibar and early check in at 10am is kind of frustrating but let's see how things are going to develop and the hotels deal with them.
Well we already had a free weekend night, so this isn't a huge improvement. And Hertz Pres Circle is second tier status. Not a great deal for RA's. I'm already Hertz Platinum. All in all, it is a serious dumbing down of the program, as far as I've read here. Reality is a different issue. No changes to the benefits so far in January!
Old Jan 4, 2019, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by stimpy
Well we already had a free weekend night, so this isn't a huge improvement. And Hertz Pres Circle is second tier status. Not a great deal for RA's. I'm already Hertz Platinum. All in all, it is a serious dumbing down of the program, as far as I've read here. Reality is a different issue. No changes to the benefits so far in January!
The free night at an IHG property is additional to the free weekend night as I understood. Pres Circle is an additional nice add on, but not the overall big deal, you are right. What I also miss is the previous mentioned "up to $100 credit per night if no club lounge" - but we will see if this arrives in T&C in February.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 1:42 pm

Programs: QF Plat, IHG RA, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by marlin1978
The free night at an IHG property is additional to the free weekend night as I understood. Pres Circle is an additional nice add on, but not the overall big deal, you are right. What I also miss is the previous mentioned "up to $100 credit per night if no club lounge" - but we will see if this arrives in T&C in February.
Yep - confirming that the RA invite email lists the free night and the free weekend night are listed separately.

Free night ** conditions state that it's up to a max 70,000 points value.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 1:47 pm

Programs: QF Plat, IHG RA, Marriott Plat
One extra point, compared with "leaked" benefits above -

RA invite email has no mention of the credit where no Club Lounge exists - in fact no "Ambasador Benefits" at all, although there is a note with the T&Cs to suggest there will be an update on 1 Feb.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 2:03 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond / RA / IC | LH FTL + United Gold
Originally Posted by DonPedro
One extra point, compared with "leaked" benefits above -

RA invite email has no mention of the credit where no Club Lounge exists - in fact no "Ambasador Benefits" at all, although there is a note with the T&Cs to suggest there will be an update on 1 Feb.
But the text mentions the "Ambassador Benefits Guarantee to ensure you make the most out of every stay", so I guess its still in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.