Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 10, 2018, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyerTalker688786
Ambassador programme will change on 1st February 2019. This will start with Royal Ambassador's benefits. Then, all other Ambassador will have new benefits from 1st March 2019.

For Royal Ambassadors, the new benefits starts from 1st FEB 2019 will be:
  1. EARLY CHECK-IN from 10AM (instead of 8AM)
  2. ONE COMPLIMENTARY BREAKFAST FOR EVERY NIGHT YOU STAY [CONFIRMED AS IN GREATER CHINA REGION ONLY, On 1st March, it seems IHG quietly made a U-turn again, now this benefit only APPLIES TO IC HOTELS IN MAINLAND CHINA ONLY, Hong Kong IC hotels are excluded on the last minute U-turn.]
  3. UP TO TWO COMPLIMENTARY FULL BREAKFASTS PER DAY IF THERE IS NO CLUB LOUNGE
  4. UPTO 50USD/200RMB/400HKD MINIBAR CREDIT PER DAY (200USD/800RMB/1600HKD PER STAY MAX)
  5. WAIVED DESTINATION/AMENITY FEES
  6. COMPLIMENTARY WEEKEND NIGHT CERTIFICATE WITH E-DELIVERY
  7. AMBASSADOR BENEFIT GUARANTEE (See below)
  8. [Officially Added Benefits] FREE NIGHTS AT AN IHG PROPERTY (capped at 70K points value)
  9. [Officially Added Benefits] HERTZ GOLD PLUS REWARDS PRESIDENTS' CIRCLE MEMBERSHIP

For all other Ambassadors, the new benefit starts on 1st MARCH 2019:
  1. GUARANTEED PLATINUM ELITE STATUS IN IHG REWARDS CLUB
  2. ONE COMPLIMENTARY BREAKFAST FOR EVERY NIGHT YOU STAY <== Only for Greater China Stays !
  3. COMPLIMENTARY WEEKEND NIGHT CERTIFICATE WITH E-DELIVERY
  4. WELCOME FRUIT PLATTER (instead of welcome fruits and gifts) <== Only for Greater China Stays !
  5. AMBASSADOR BENEFIT GUARANTEE
ADDITIONAL BENEFITS FOR STAYS IN GREATER CHINA ONLY:
• One complimentary breakfast every night you stay
• 15% discount on restaurants and bars

AMBASSADOR BENEFIT GURANTEE work as bellow:
  1. Guaranteed Room Upgrade: Member must be given a food and beverage or Spa credit up to USD50, or 10,000 IHG Rewards Club points per stay, applies to InterContinental Ambassador and Royal Ambassador only;
  2. 16:00 (4p.m.) Late Check-out: Member must be given a food and beverage or Spa credit up to USD50, or 10,000 IHG Rewards Club points per stay, applies to InterContinental Ambassador and Royal Ambassador only;
  3. New Club InterContinental Lounge Access or alternative Club experience: Member must be given a food and beverage or Spa credit of USD100 per night, not exceeding the Club InterContinental upgrade supplement value, applies to Royal Ambassador only.
Print Wikipost

Changes to Ambassador from 1st March 2019 (now confirmed)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2018, 6:03 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by Atacama40
Yep that's me, unashamedly ..... mind I'm good for at least 60k GBP direct IC spend p.a, a similar amount combined indirect and a sign budget off across EMEA for a many more 000,000's again for a lot of folk. That's worth a cheap red, white, champagne and some miniatures to take home and lurk in a dark cupboard until Christmas yes?

There's a need to think how this works. Without sounding pompous, I imagine a lot of you RA's have large sign off and budget influence. I know I have. I also know that that FOC mini bar is an (admittedly shallow, childish and selfish) influencer, but one that should it disappear would have a not insignificant influence on my thinking. Enough to jump ship? Maybe not, as many of you have mentioned, if you have a relationship with the hotels on a regular basis then that 'good treatment' is likely to continue I suspect. But in a childish moment, would it influence my T&A budget decisions. Maybe .... the raid the mini bar RA's tend to have a good amount of spend influence. At least it's my experience.
Exactly this. Does not having a minibar make me quit the program? No. But this was the fun differentiator. Now, if I have a Hyatt and an IC, I’ll be more likely to go to the Hyatt - with suspicious upgrade rules and no more minibar ($50 is not even enough for two singles in sone properties, and seriously, two singles is really not a lot of drink), this really makes me questions the value prop.

Atacama40 likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 6:15 am

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim

Exactly this. Does not having a minibar make me quit the program? No. But this was the fun differentiator. Now, if I have a Hyatt and an IC, I’ll be more likely to go to the Hyatt - with suspicious upgrade rules and no more minibar ($50 is not even enough for two singles in sone properties, and seriously, two singles is really not a lot of drink), this really makes me questions the value prop.

Said with precision .... 'a fun differentiator' .... I like that. And what is wrong with that? Zero.

Have to say if I conducted all my stays based on need, rationality, modesty and role model behaviour then what a dull miserable existence it would be!

The day I have to sit on a budget airline running for a seat and have to stay at a 'sensible hotel' with 'sensible benefits' is the day I take up clay pot or chocolate fudge making as a business ... at home. By the way, I know many folks have to do that so it's tongue in cheek comment but you get what I mean. This stuff should be fun not subsistence.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 9:30 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by boekel
this statement I would consider as uttlery nonsense. I get the impression that you are an IHG employee trying to get some feedback on implementing ideas and deduce some options out of it.
This is nonsense. Look at my posting history since 2007, which part would indicate that I am IHG employee? If you do not have concrete evidence, please withdraw your accusations.

and frankly I could not care less about this issue. I posted the information on good faith of sharing information on FT. Your accusation abosultely hurts. Please apologize if you could not find any of my past posting could indicate that I am an insider of IHG. I am serious. Your accusation make me question what is the point to share something I accidentally got. It is utterly personal attack and false.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 9:36 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by est-gratuite
Despite multiple requests from various members here, the OP (original poster) of this thread refuses to give details of where he got all this inside information apart from saying he got his hands on some draft IHG training document for 2019 from a intercontinental hotel employee in China.

Is it really wise to be dedicating a whole thread with this many posts to something so unofficial and unconfirmed ?
You sir, you have a choice not to participate the discussion if you do not believe the information cited in this thread. I never said it was a draft. It was a training material. There is a confidentiality within. And the original material is watermarked by IHG. So take as you wish. IHG may change it minds on whether to progress it's intention. I have done my parts to tell everyone what I read and saw. If you have questions regarding the authentity, I can only answer to the point of what I can tell. If you think what I quoted is wrong information, you could alert the MOD.

So next time when I see something similar, I will keep my mouth shut. I did not realise this forum has becoming a shoot the messenger type place. Disgusting.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 9:37 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Calm down Chongcao.
You are posting private company information on a public website without revealing your sources or how you got them.
In such a situation you should expect extra scrutiny and questioning from members here.
What you are doing is not exactly "kosher".
Old Dec 13, 2018, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Data Point: I just checked into a Euro IC and they have a new RA policy. You can choose a fruit bowl or either sweet or savory items from the minibar. I chose savory and am enjoying Pringles and peanuts, etc.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 9:41 am

Programs: IC Dia RA / Marriott LT Plat / WOH Globalist / Hilton Diamond / OZ Diamond Plus
Originally Posted by chongcao
So next time when I see something similar, I will keep my mouth shut. I did not realise this forum has becoming a shoot the messenger type place. Disgusting.
Some of people would question about your information but I personally appreciate that you shared the valuable information whether it's true or not. And I'm sure many others too.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 9:47 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by est-gratuite
Calm down Chongcao.
You are posting private company information on a public website without revealing your sources or how you got them.
In such a situation you should expect extra scrutiny and questioning from members here.
What you are doing is not exactly "kosher".
You sir, are exactly the 'police' or 'investigator' that causes trouble. Posting private information about a public company before announcement is wrong. So why are you pressing for the source? To incriminate people who leaked the information? As I said, take it or leave it. Actually I am going to say that this is a rumour, I did not see the document, it is all imaginary, I made everything up, are you happy now? Or would you like me to tell you who leaked the information so that the said person can get sued or fired then could not be employeed in the industry again? Would that make you even happier because you now know the source? I said everything I can. And thank you for participation. I hope next time you can post something more useful.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 10:04 am

Have to say, I'd rather folks shared data got in good faith as well .... even if it proved to be wrong.

There's been a good few times I've found things, considered them unbelievable, kept shut and they indeed proved to be correct. There have also been times I've been told stuff way too sensitive to share and with good reason to those concerned, which subsequently becomes real. Braver to share and run the risk of some flack.

Keep up the good work ... if you see stuff you think we should know about or can learn from then post away. I for one find it interesting regardless.

Let's keep the nature of this stuff in good spirit.
ARR72 and DonPedro like this.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 10:17 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Don't nail chongcao please. Even if his OP is not really "kosher", it is only his problem and choice to post it or not, but we benefit from it anyhow, so if we participate the speculation we play the game so let's continue play.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 11:49 am

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by Lewis42
Interesting.

im a bit confused:

for RA no more 2 cat upgrade?

Lounge access for both Ambassador and RA?

who knows whether valid, cld be just a discussion with property employee?

i've had some ridiculous things said to me about RA by hotel employees, i take it all with a grain of salt. they suffer from the speculation syndrome too
Old Dec 13, 2018, 11:54 am

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
Not really helpful: Breakfast is generally included in my rates and weakening the early check-in and the upgrade privileges is not good at all.
i don't believe there will be any weakening of the upgrade policy for RA's. the program wld fall apart.

as long as ambassadors get one tier, minimum for RA's has to be two.

caveat - all speculative till the fat lady (IHG) sings.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 1:36 pm

Programs: IHG
Surely it's a big faff to put a proper fruit bowl together and then deliver it, timely, to the room. Just let us have the snacks.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 2:08 pm

Programs: Infinity Milage Lands Gold,Star Alliance Gold, IHG Diamond RA, Kimpton Inner Circle
To be fair to chongcao the title of the thread says (unconfirmed) and the op is not the first person to raise some of the info provided here, I myself mentioned hearing about potential minibar change and credit for not providing an upgrade from staff at a club lounge in another thread. All the op has done is provide more concrete sounding detail than some of the chit chat that has gone on in other threads weather it comes to fruition or not we will just have to wait and see.
Tim O'Brien likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 3:51 pm

Programs: Infinity Milage Lands Gold,Star Alliance Gold, IHG Diamond RA, Kimpton Inner Circle
Originally Posted by Atacama40
Yep that's me, unashamedly ..... mind I'm good for at least 60k GBP direct IC spend p.a, a similar amount combined indirect and a sign budget off across EMEA for a many more 000,000's again for a lot of folk. That's worth a cheap red, white, champagne and some miniatures to take home and lurk in a dark cupboard until Christmas yes?

There's a need to think how this works. Without sounding pompous, I imagine a lot of you RA's have large sign off and budget influence. I know I have. I also know that that FOC mini bar is an (admittedly shallow, childish and selfish) influencer, but one that should it disappear would have a not insignificant influence on my thinking. Enough to jump ship? Maybe not, as many of you have mentioned, if you have a relationship with the hotels on a regular basis then that 'good treatment' is likely to continue I suspect. But in a childish moment, would it influence my T&A budget decisions. Maybe .... the raid the mini bar RA's tend to have a good amount of spend influence. At least it's my experience.
Unashamedly I'm with you on that but I don't see it as a need to "raid the entire mini bar" as it was put but rather it's about having that choice that's the important thing for me and a good minibar can be a great thing to have, looking at you Hong Kong

I like the fact that if I don't feel like going out for the evening or miss the club I have the choice to enjoy a few or more drinks bearing in mind that not everyone is a solo business traveller all the time, couple of beers, couple of G&Ts maybe a half bottle of fizz for the other half and that $200 stay cap is gone in 1 night let alone the $50 per night thing.

Using myself as an example of how things can influence spend with this being my first year as RA I am way ahead of what I spent last year when qualifying even though last year I nearly always booked club rooms I had 0 reward nights at IC's against a dozen or so this year and quite often drunk all the beer in the minibar and more lol, it's the choices that the RA program gives currently that has helped influence some of my increased spending choices this year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.