Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 6, 2022, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Dr Jabadski
IHG Rewards Premier Credit Card and IHG Rewards Premier Business Credit Card UA TravelBank Benefit

Per Chase personal and biz application pages: “Receive up to $50 United® TravelBank Cash to use when you book United® or United Express® flights*”

Announced February 2022, first post on this thread (#446, Feb 27, 22, 6:27 am).

Post on this thread specifying link to (try to) receive UA TB credits (#454, Mar 24, 22, 3:47 pm).

Consensus here as of Spring 2022 shortly after the commencement of this benefit was 1 (one) UA TB deposit per name and IHG account, not per credit card. Cardholders of both IHG personal and IHG biz cards received 1 UA TB deposit, some authors wrote that they had contacted IHG and were told the same thing.

As of mid-July 2022, when some people should have received their July 1 $25 TB credit, multiple people reported NOT receiving the July 1 credit and that communications with IHG and/or Chase and/or UA were unproductive and unsuccessful.

Print Wikipost

New Chase IHG Credit Card Options

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2018, 1:26 pm
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver - IHG Spire AMB - Hilton Gold - Choice Hotels Platinum - Hertz Gold FiveStar
Detailed new IHG card comparison via The Points Guy - HERE

username and Madison Guy like this.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 1:38 pm

Programs: Turkish Elite, AA Platinum, Royal Orchid Plus Silver
Thanks to the great advice given here, I applied for the IHG Premier after making the dummy booking for the 50 dollar credit, added an authorized user to my application for an additional 5,000 points, got a 30 day message, called reconsideration where I was asked a couple of questions, and then approved for the card. With my old reliable IHG card and this new one looks like a free weekend in 2019!
Old Apr 5, 2018, 1:41 pm

Programs: Turkish Elite, AA Platinum, Royal Orchid Plus Silver
Yes, but it doesn't come with a free night.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 2:08 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire Elite/Inner Circle, Hilton HHonors Gold, AA Platinum, Delta Gold
Link for IHG cards are all dead now. No more applications. Dang it!!!!
Old Apr 5, 2018, 2:53 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
Any upgrade offers out there from the existing $49 card to the $89 card? I am at 5/24 so cannot open a new card but would consider upgrading for the right deal.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 2:55 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/ihg...Premier-vanity

link is working

So with you he old and new you should get 10% rebate on points booking and 4th night free .... let’s see
Old Apr 5, 2018, 3:24 pm

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
Originally Posted by larrythai
Thanks to the great advice given here, I applied for the IHG Premier after making the dummy booking for the 50 dollar credit, added an authorized user to my application for an additional 5,000 points, got a 30 day message, called reconsideration where I was asked a couple of questions, and then approved for the card. With my old reliable IHG card and this new one looks like a free weekend in 2019!
Offer currently appears on the IHG home page - no need to make a reservation. It includes the free ANNIVERSARY weekend night (2019).
Old Apr 5, 2018, 3:43 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
Part of me wonders whether IHG will try to use Accelerate offers to get people to ditch the old Select card, although I'm not sure how they could because even if they made it an offer to sign up for the new Premier, you could still keep the old Select. Maybe they will make a new rule that you can only have 1 IHG card.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 3:47 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by Hawkeyefan
Any upgrade offers out there from the existing $49 card to the $89 card? I am at 5/24 so cannot open a new card but would consider upgrading for the right deal.
The IHG cards aren’t subject to 5/24... though of course you may be making plans for other Chase cards and don’t want to increase your new accounts now
Old Apr 5, 2018, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by diver858
Offer currently appears on the IHG home page - no need to make a reservation. It includes the free ANNIVERSARY weekend night (2019).
Weekend?!
Old Apr 5, 2018, 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by diver858
Offer currently appears on the IHG home page - no need to make a reservation.
There is a need for a dummy booking (but you don't have to go all the way through and complete the booking) if you want the $50 statement credit included.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 4:58 pm

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
Originally Posted by Dadofsix
There is a need for a dummy booking (but you don't have to go all the way through and complete the booking) if you want the $50 statement credit included.
Thank you for the clarification - missed that detail!
Old Apr 5, 2018, 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by 1353513636
Maybe they will make a new rule that you can only have 1 IHG card.
According to some data points today, existing Select cardholders have been approved for the new Premier card.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 6:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by blitzen
https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/ihg...Premier-vanity

link is working

So with you he old and new you should get 10% rebate on points booking and 4th night free .... let’s see
No. - the 10% rebate is not offered on the new cards. Only the classic select
Old Apr 5, 2018, 6:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by dw

Unfortunately the 10% rebate is not part of the Premier offering, which depending on the person makes the old Select card worth holding onto.
thanks for clarifying. For me the 10% alone nearly justifies keeping the $49 card. A $100-$200 value free night cements it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.