Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 7, 2017, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beachmouse
Another year, another Accelerate. Answers to some Frequently Asked Questions below:

For newcomers to IHG promotions, note that Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn (including Holiday Inn Resorts) are two different brand categories for these things. If your dashboard says 'stay at a Holiday Inn Express' as one of the tasks and you stay at a Holiday Inn, it will NOT credit for the Holiday Inn Express task. (and vice versa)

An award stay only counts toward a task that specifically requires an award stay and will not count toward other tasks and night requirements for the purposes of the promotion. (Award stays do count toward general elite qualification, but that's outside this promotion)

At IHG, points + cash stays are simply points stays where you bought some of the points at the time of the reservation. Once you finish the reservation, a points + cash stay shows as a points stay. Thus points + cash stays only count for tasks where they are specified, and not other tasks.

Doing a points + cash booking and then cancelling it does NOT trigger a 'buy points' task completion. A 'buy points' task is a points transaction that is processed through points.com

The 'pay with your IHG credit card' task has typically been very slow to post. If it does within about two weeks of completing a stay, that's relatively quick, and it will often be several weeks beyond that, depending on when your statement closing date is and how IHG's system sweep is timed.

Some offers require booking within the promotion period in addition to staying during the promotion period.

Registration & dashboard link:

https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/of...accelerate2018
Print Wikipost

IHG Accelerate Q1 2018 (1st January to 30th April)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2018, 3:25 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA (Gold), Alaska MVP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, SPG Gold,
Originally Posted by Saral
Yes they are stackable... Enjoy
Sweet, thanks!
Old Feb 7, 2018, 7:35 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Originally Posted by Steph58
[M]y Kimpton stay from 3 weeks ago has not posted to Accelerate. The other IHG stays posted within days .
Glad you posted this; my stay from the Aertson over MLK Weekend took about a week to post to my IHG account but the Accelerate Dashboard still isn't reflecting it. I filed a missing points claim on the website and was told I had to wait the full 8 weeks from the time of the stay before they would do anything.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 12:05 am

So I exclusively only stay at Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, and Holiday Inn Resorts. If I start staying at other brands under the IHG umbrella will I start getting different accelerate offers?
Old Feb 8, 2018, 1:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by Marriott15
So I exclusively only stay at Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, and Holiday Inn Resorts. If I start staying at other brands under the IHG umbrella will I start getting different accelerate offers?
If you only stay at those particular brands now why do you hope to be incentivized to stay at other brands you don't patronize?
Old Feb 8, 2018, 8:08 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
Glad you posted this; my stay from the Aertson over MLK Weekend took about a week to post to my IHG account but the Accelerate Dashboard still isn't reflecting it. I filed a missing points claim on the website and was told I had to wait the full 8 weeks from the time of the stay before they would do anything.
In the email response first paragraph stated need to wait 3 weeks (as the T&C's state), then paragraph below it said 8 weeks. In my follow-up email to them, they acknowledged that they would send it to their "special team" since it has been 3 weeks. With that said, this morning my IHG account shows the Stay More, Earn More task (10K points) posted to my account, which would have been triggered by the Kimpton Stay. It has not posted to the Accelerate page. Fine with me, all I wanted was the points since all of my other Accelerate tasks do show up and I technically didn't need that one to fulfill the 5 out of 6 for the achievement bonus. So good news, it only took 2 emails to get it.
FlyinHawaiian likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 12:25 am

Originally Posted by dsquared37
If you only stay at those particular brands now why do you hope to be incentivized to stay at other brands you don't patronize?

If they gave me a extra accelerate task like stay at a Kimpton hotel I would do it for extra points
Old Feb 9, 2018, 5:03 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Originally Posted by Steph58
With that said, this morning my IHG account shows the Stay More, Earn More task (10K points) posted to my account, which would have been triggered by the Kimpton Stay. It has not posted to the Accelerate page. Fine with me, all I wanted was the points since all of my other Accelerate tasks do show up and I technically didn't need that one to fulfill the 5 out of 6 for the achievement bonus. So good news, it only took 2 emails to get it.
Glad things worked out for you; I'm still missing points, but it's insignificant (1,000 for a January stay, 1,000 for a stay during the promo period, and 1/3 credit for the brand explorer milestone) so I guess I will just follow up later in March/April.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 8:29 pm

Programs: TK elite & BA Gold
Question

Did they change the system and I will not see which stay posted already towards my promotion?
I can see the percentage of stays for a particular task. However in the previous promotions I could see which stay contributes towards certain goals.

for example:

4 nights outside my country:
3 nights abroad already fullfilled - but only 2 posted already.
The counter tells me: 50%

Correct.

However I can not see which stay did count for the promotion because there is no list anymore under each category!

Anyone else?
Old Feb 11, 2018, 4:23 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by foxyankee
Did they change the system and I will not see which stay posted already towards my promotion?
I can see the percentage of stays for a particular task. However in the previous promotions I could see which stay contributes towards certain goals.

for example:

4 nights outside my country:
3 nights abroad already fullfilled - but only 2 posted already.
The counter tells me: 50%

Correct.

However I can not see which stay did count for the promotion because there is no list anymore under each category!

Anyone else?
Yes it is the same with mine
Old Feb 11, 2018, 11:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by Marriott15
If they gave me a extra accelerate task like stay at a Kimpton hotel I would do it for extra points
Your wish has been granted. The Kimpton 10K bonus now appears on the main accelerate page (for everyone) , rather than the individual, targeted dashboard itself.

Old Feb 12, 2018, 1:08 am

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Your wish has been granted. The Kimpton 10K bonus now appears on the main accelerate page (for everyone) , rather than the individual, targeted dashboard itself.

I just looked at my dashboard and I do not see the Kimpton Offer!
Old Feb 12, 2018, 1:24 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Read the message!

It’s not on your dashboard, it’s on the home page - https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/of...accelerate2018

“As an extra bonus, receive an additional 10,000 points with your next KimptonŽ Hotels stay by April 30th. With KimptonŽ Hotels in the family, you now have another exciting one-of-a-kind way to explore new experiences and earn points. Terms and conditions.”
Old Feb 12, 2018, 6:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by adobbing
Read the message!

It’s not on your dashboard, it’s on the home page - https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/of...accelerate2018

“As an extra bonus, receive an additional 10,000 points with your next KimptonŽ Hotels stay by April 30th. With KimptonŽ Hotels in the family, you now have another exciting one-of-a-kind way to explore new experiences and earn points. Terms and conditions.”
Thanks for the link, but perhaps you didn't realize that the average person may not know how to get to an Accelerate home page without that link. I wouldn't. When I logged in today, went to my account, then to Offers, it went straight from Accelerate link (in a small box) on the Offers page to my dashboard, totally skipping the page you linked. (Well, I just tried it again, and it didn't technically skip it, but it only drew for an instant, and then immediately draw my dashboard in place of it. (And that was with a slow browser; if it had been fast, I don't know if I would have seen it for an instant.) So I wouldn't have known to read it in that split second for a Kimpton offer, if I hadn't seen your link.

So maybe that's why some people are confused, because they're not used to ever seeing the Accelerate "home" page.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 7:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Thanks for the link, but perhaps you didn't realize that the average person may not know how to get to an Accelerate home page without that link. I wouldn't. When I logged in today, went to my account, then to Offers, it went straight from Accelerate link (in a small box) on the Offers page to my dashboard, totally skipping the page you linked. (Well, I just tried it again, and it didn't technically skip it, but it only drew for an instant, and then immediately draw my dashboard in place of it. (And that was with a slow browser; if it had been fast, I don't know if I would have seen it for an instant.) So I wouldn't have known to read it in that split second for a Kimpton offer, if I hadn't seen your link.

So maybe that's why some people are confused, because they're not used to ever seeing the Accelerate "home" page.
Similarly I was able to see the offer only when not logged into my account. Once logged in, even if using the link, I was immediately shunted past the page into my Accelerate tasks page.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 12:42 pm

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
When does the 1500: Spend on IHG Card get marked as complete on the accelerate page? After the charge is posted on the credit card or after the statement closes?

I completed two stays and they were both charged on the IHG card. Two other accelerate bonus is marked as complete on the accelerate page but the 1500: Spend on IHG Card is not marked as complete yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.