Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG Premium Visa card [UK] (was PC Rewards Black Visa Card)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2015, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
60K posted today

Now, when's the next 100% bonus for purchases?
The last one was just under a year ago when the launched the new card.

Out of curiosity did your 60k post as qualifying?
Old Jun 12, 2015, 8:35 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by chrism20
The last one was just under a year ago when the launched the new card.

Out of curiosity did your 60k post as qualifying?
No, unfortunately.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
No, unfortunately.
That is a mistake. Sign-up bonuses are qualifying, or at least have been historically.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 9:26 am

No, unfortunately.
Originally Posted by Raffles
That is a mistake. Sign-up bonuses are qualifying, or at least have been historically.
Thanks

They have been in the past, the only reason I asked was due to what IHGSteve had said on the change thread.

In other news, Barclaycard have now acknowledged that the problem with the points calculations is quite widespread.

If anyone has been keeping track of the hotels that haven't posted correctly can you let me know and I will pass them on to the lady I am dealing with in the Executive Office and they will match them up to the correct points earning.

I've already given them the ones that were posted a page or so back but if you have anymore please let me know. Thanks

Last edited by chrism20; Jun 12, 2015 at 9:39 am
Old Jun 13, 2015, 5:18 am

Programs: BA, Emirates, IHG, Accor, Marriott, Hilton
No, unfortunately.
Mine definitely did when I got the card in Feb of this year.
Old Jun 14, 2015, 6:15 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
In other news, Barclaycard have now acknowledged that the problem with the points calculations is quite widespread.
Wow - glad I was sitting down when I read that comment, wonders will never cease!!
Old Jun 15, 2015, 5:48 am

Got my 60K bonus on friday as well.Also not qualifying.
Old Jun 16, 2015, 2:29 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Now, when's the next 100% bonus for purchases?
And as if by magic...

http://www.headforpoints.com/2015/06...luxury-hotels/
Old Jun 16, 2015, 2:54 am

Originally Posted by EDIflyer
Wow - glad I was sitting down when I read that comment, wonders will never cease!!
From what was said in the letter and also on the phone they have established issues with all the points cards not just IHG.

Nevertheless we appear to be getting somewhere at last.

You timed that well Mr!
Old Jun 17, 2015, 2:58 am

Programs: IHG Plat
Hi

If you scroll back through my many posts in this thread you will see I am locked in battle with barclaycard regarding this.

Last year when they moved the card onto the Barclaycard system they have not managed to capture all of the hotels PDQ identification codes therefore any of these hotels are just simply not posting 4x points.

It took an email to the CEO to get any action. They are aware of the problem but are not moving very quickly at getting it sorted.

It might be helpful if we start a wiki with the hotels that aren't posting properly so we know which ones to keep a close eye on should we stay at them and they don't post properly. I'm on my phone at the moment but the hotels I've had issues with are:-

HIX Strathclyde
HIX Hamilton
HI Dumfries
HI Aberdeen Exhibition
HI Aberdeen West
HI Scotch Corner
HI East Kilbride
HI Lancaster
Indigo Newcastle

If they tell you that it's not their problem remind them that the credit contract is with them and not IHG.
Can you please add the undernoted hotel to your list;

Hotel Indigo, York Place, Edinburgh.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 4:43 am

Originally Posted by Daviefraethetoon
Can you please add the undernoted hotel to your list;

Hotel Indigo, York Place, Edinburgh.
Will do, and welcome to FT!
Old Jun 21, 2015, 8:07 am

Programs: BA Exec Blue, IHG Spire, HHonor Gold, Accor Platinum.
Originally Posted by BrightlyBob
Great question. I'd be interested to know the answer to this.
Originally Posted by jms_uk
Do 4 points per £ spent in IHG hotels stack up with points for foreign spend?

If I stayed in a HIX abroad and paid equivalent of £100 - how many points should that generate?
That's the premise I've been working to since i got the card three months ago.

My May statement which included several IHG overseas stays was incorrect (by my reckoning 4x O'seas IHG + 4 x Foreign spend) so I sent a secure message with my calculations and they agreed. Point to be added next statement.

Next statement-June-Same story
Repeated SM
Waiting for reply.

If I can get the Travelex Supercard to align with this IHG card I'm on a winner. ^
Old Jun 22, 2015, 4:09 am

Programs: BA Silver (clawing back to Gold!), Honours Gold, IHG Platinum, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond
Originally Posted by blindman
That's the premise I've been working to since i got the card three months ago.

My May statement which included several IHG overseas stays was incorrect (by my reckoning 4x O'seas IHG + 4 x Foreign spend) so I sent a secure message with my calculations and they agreed. Point to be added next statement.
Well done on the above - I've just had the same argument with them (£2k transaction for Staybridge Times Square) - I purposely put it on this card, even with the FX fees for the points. As expected, I only got the 8k points, so I opened a case, and ended up turning it into a complaint. They wouldn't budge (I'm not sure if new, but the barclaycard site does now say that a maximum of 4 points per £ will be awarded) but have refunded the FX fee (£60 or so) - which I would class as better than the missing 8k points.

Terms from the site below, 3.4 being the point of interest:
3.1 You’ll earn IHG® Rewards Club Points on all purchases made with your Card. This includes any purchases made with any additional Cards on your Account but excludes any cash withdrawals, balance transfers, cheque purchases, fees, interest, charges or other transactions.
3.2 Unless we tell you otherwise, you’ll earn IHG® Rewards Club Points
a) at a standard rate of 2 IHG® Rewards Club Points for every £1 spent;
b) at a standard rate of 4 IHG® Rewards Club Points for every £1 spent at any of the participating hotels within the InterContinental Hotels Group or on non-sterling purchases.
3.3 You’ll earn IHG® Rewards Club Points on Card purchases made outside the UK. However, you won’t earn IHG® Rewards Club Points on the foreign exchange commission charged on non-UK Card purchases.
3.4 The IHG® Rewards Club Points provided under (a) or (b) of Clause 3.2 and Clause 3.3 shall not exceed a maximum of 4 IHG® Rewards Club Points for every £1 spent.

If you're still managing to get the 8 points per £ on foreign IHG spend then great, and good luck - I wasn't able to do the same.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 6:34 am
In memoriam

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Thank you very much Tom Elliott that's very helpful and provides the answer, which is, you'll only get 4 per £ but if you fight you might get the FX fees refunded or the 8 points, but according to T&Cs, the maximum per £ is 4 points so don't count on anything else..

I've no wish to argue for what I'm not entitled, so I'll plan around the 4per £ at foreign IHG...
Old Jun 24, 2015, 7:18 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
New display in the online IHG statement/account activity:

It separates hotel spend from the rest, although, in my case, it included only points for the UK hotel and not the foreign one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.