Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jigri2003
Some info:

Prepaid meal plan rates as of Feb 2015 per post 1305: (breakfast price updated as of Jan 2020)

Breakfast: 4860 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Half board (breakfast and a 3-courses dinner): 13 053 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Full board (breakfast, a 2-courses lunch and a 3-courses dinner): 17 632 xpf (tax incl) per person per day.

Breakfast 50% discount: available only at check in time if it is taken for the entire stay. It does not apply for half board and full board. Post 1376

Guaranteed Upgrade Costs as of January 2015 per post 1293

Emerald to Sapphire: 15,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond: 25,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond Otemanu: 35,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond End of Pontoon: 45,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night

Full prepayment prior to arrival required

Direct Boat Transfers to/from Airport One-way: 7334 XPF (updated Dec 2019) (about 15 minutes). Resort will email you to arrange this ahead of time if desired.

Boat transfer from the Airport is not mandatory despite what any hotel emails might imply to the contrary. It's possible to take the free Air Tahiti shuttle to Vaitape (15 minutes), followed by a taxi to the IC Le Moana for 2000XPF (15 minutes), then the IC's shuttle between Le Moana and Thalasso for 3390 XPF per person one way (updated Dec 2019) (15 minutes). If all transfers go smoothly, the journey could be as short as an hour, or longer than two hours if you're unlucky.

Boat Times (as of Oct 2016, and current as of Jan 2020)

Leaving Le Moana:
7:45am
8:45am
11:45am*
12:45pm
1:45pm
4:30pm
5:30pm*
6:30pm
8:30pm
10:00pm

Leaving Thalasso:
8:15am
9:15am*
12:15pm
1:15pm
2:15pm*
5:00pm
6:00pm
7:00pm
9:30pm
10:30pm

* Boat times with a * can connect with the bus shuttle between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town, as shown below:

Bus Shuttles between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town:

Depart IC Le Moana:
9:45am
2:45pm

Depart Vaitape:
11:15am
5:00pm

The bus shuttle costs 1150 XPF RT/person.

Note: There is no ATM at the Thalasso. The closest ATMs are in Vaitape, the main town where the airport ferry stops. However, both IC Le Moana and Thalasso will give you a "cash advance" on your credit card for a fee of 5%. The transaction will post as a purchase.

XPF is also available at the airport in Pappeete from several ATMs.
POST 1795

Resort Email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

IC Thalasso Bora Bora Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2012, 11:19 am

Programs: Hyatt D/HHonors D/ SPG P/ Marriott P/ IHG P/ UA 1K/ AA EXP/ DL D
Originally Posted by htb
Strange. The T&Cs say

That means you would have been entitled to checkout at 4 pm.

HTB.
True. Didn't want to start a fight just for 2 additional hours. She also mentioned the guests assigned my room arrived at 8 AM. This somehow made me feel guilty to stay too long in my OWB.
Old May 4, 2012, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by msc75
Thanks Lewende, glad to hear you had such a good time. I read your review of BBN as well. I was one of the people that had to switch plans when the Hilton premier room fiasco happened in October and we ended up booking IC on points+ BOGO. Friends who had stayed at both had told me IC Thalasso is the better of the two, but reading your reports makes me feel almost glad things turned out the way they did. I am still so bitter over the whole thing, I don't even want to go near BBN.

We're heading over there Memorial Day weekend. Currently booked at Diamond for the whole stay and hoping for an upgrade to Diamond Otemanu or at least getting one of the diamonds on the shallow inner fork.

How did you get bit by the stingray???
Hilton BBN has nothing to compare with IC Thalasso, from service to views and OWB itself. I wish I could spend those nights at Hilton toward IC Thalasso. At least I will do so the next time.
Old May 4, 2012, 7:35 pm

Programs: SPG Plat & IC Amb
This got me worried...I wonder if that happens often. We'll be in Bora Bora in a few weeks. Air Tahiti changed around their schedules last week and consolidated some flights, and we got bumped to the very last flight of the day from Bora Bora to Tahiti, even though we had booked the one prior. We have about 3.5 hours between landing and catching our international flight. I wonder if I should contact Air Tahiti and ask to change to an earlier flight.
It entirely depends on your luck! My flight schedule was 4pm and it ended up being 8pm flight. 6pm flight was 45min late and 6.30pm flight was on time.
So, the flights that afternoon depart in reverse order.

I could not switch flight because the other were full.

What I wanna say is being on the earlier fight doesn't mean you will get there before the later flight.

I guess after 7pm they don't have any schedule flight and can send any available plane to BOB.
Old May 4, 2012, 10:59 pm

Add Content
Old May 11, 2012, 7:57 pm
Original Member

Posting in another thread. Sorry.

Last edited by birdyy; May 11, 2012 at 8:03 pm
Old May 16, 2012, 2:01 pm

We're going to be at the Thalasso in ten days. Booked a tour that takes cash only so will need XPF's. What would be the best place for exchange? At the airport, at the hotel, or in the US before we leave?
Old May 16, 2012, 2:20 pm

We're going to be at the Thalasso in ten days. Booked a tour that takes cash only so will need XPF's. What would be the best place for exchange? At the airport, at the hotel, or in the US before we leave?
Do it at local Wells Fargo branch. The exchange rate at hotel is totally a rip off.

BTW, you don't need a lot XPFs. Most places accept credit cards.
Old May 16, 2012, 2:53 pm

You can use any ATM on the islands.

Regarding the flights, our flight to BOB was delayed by a few hours and the PPT airport has no AC. It was very hot! The flight from BOB to Morea left on time.

We had a wonderful time.
Old May 16, 2012, 4:04 pm

Programs: UA PP, 2 MM; IC;
Originally Posted by cutnana
You can use any ATM on the islands.

Regarding the flights, our flight to BOB was delayed by a few hours and the PPT airport has no AC. It was very hot! The flight from BOB to Morea left on time.

We had a wonderful time.
Well sort of.. think there was only one ATM on Rangiroa... and on Fakarava, there was none.... And yes... there is nothing worse than coming back to PPT and waiting 4 hours for an 2300 flight... this year we got smart and left on the AF flight at 8:00 a.m.... by the way, far more comfortable than TN.. no comparison... TN's seats were like rocks!!
Old May 16, 2012, 4:05 pm

Bank ATM in PPT is best to begin with.. forget in US and hotels... use airport only if desparate...
Old May 16, 2012, 5:07 pm

Thanks for the suggestions. We decided to get enough XPF for the tour from our local bank. We'll use our credit cards for everything else. I've had a nightmare scenario with a foreign ATM before (my bank apparantly put a "possible fraud" hold on my card despite having let them know weeks ago that I was travelling) where I was stranded without any cash, so don't want to take a chance this time. We arrive in Papeete late at night and leave early morning anyway, so won't have time to look for a bank.
Old May 19, 2012, 5:22 am

Thanks for the suggestions. We decided to get enough XPF for the tour from our local bank. We'll use our credit cards for everything else. I've had a nightmare scenario with a foreign ATM before (my bank apparantly put a "possible fraud" hold on my card despite having let them know weeks ago that I was travelling) where I was stranded without any cash, so don't want to take a chance this time. We arrive in Papeete late at night and leave early morning anyway, so won't have time to look for a bank.
Just wanted to say that we got cash at the PPT airport and there are ATMs all over in Tahiti. We mostly used CCs.
Old May 26, 2012, 11:57 pm

Do people tip here on top of the 4% service charge?
Old May 27, 2012, 12:50 am

Originally Posted by Kezza25
We did a little but used xfp rather than add to room bill... Small like 5-6%
Old May 27, 2012, 7:42 am

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
Originally Posted by Kezza25
We did too: cleaning ladies, bar and restaurants. Sometimes, used Dollar bills.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.