Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

IC Montelucia Resort & Spa Scottsdale Master Thread (No longer an IC)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Montelucia Resort & Spa Scottsdale Master Thread (No longer an IC)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2010, 10:57 am

They are heated.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 12:22 pm

the resort fee - I assume compulsary for our paid nights as it seems to be on the reservation already, but what about our redemption nights ? (staying sat and sunday with new style BOGO, then mon and tue with points redemption)

also

valet parking - is it compulsary can't we just park ourselves ?
Old Feb 17, 2011, 12:24 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat (+LTP), VS Silver
Originally Posted by janed9388
the resort fee - I assume compulsary for our paid nights as it seems to be on the reservation already, but what about our redemption nights ? (staying sat and sunday with new style BOGO, then mon and tue with points redemption)

also

valet parking - is it compulsary can't we just park ourselves ?
I was not charged resort fee on a reward night last time I stayed; I believe you do get charged on the BOGO night though.

There is self-parking which is included in the resort fee.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 12:30 pm

great - thanks that was very quick. thanks

ps - got a great rate on the BOGO night (well great compared to the standard), I know people have said this hotel in particular seems to inflate the rate when they know you are using the BOGO but this was only $20 more than the flex. but perhaps they have stopped.
Old Apr 14, 2011, 2:00 pm

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
Joya Spa discount coupon

I guess "showclix" is like Groupon. @Montelucia posted this on Twitter.

http://www.showclix.com/event/joyaspa

$79 for a facial or a custom massage. Note the restrictions on use.
Old Apr 17, 2011, 2:13 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime ExecPlat, LH HON Circle, SQ PPS Solitaire, Hyatt Courtesy Card
Originally Posted by TheBeerHunter
I guess "showclix" is like Groupon. @Montelucia posted this on Twitter.

http://www.showclix.com/event/joyaspa

$79 for a facial or a custom massage. Note the restrictions on use.
Thank you, TheBeerHunter! I am flying down to PHX with my family today for 3 nights at Montelucia in a 2 bedroom family suite. Today got a little ruined, due to a UA mechanical cancel. I'm sitting here bored at SFO, and saw your post. Was able to buy 2 tickets and confirm two massages for this Tuesday. Much appreciated!
Old Apr 19, 2011, 7:23 am

Does anyone know what the Cabana's are like at Montelucia ? I had thought I might book one for my B'day when we go in a few weeks but I can't see what you get for your money ?
Is it really just some more comfy chairs and a "tent" or do they include drinks snacks etc ?
Old Apr 28, 2011, 3:05 am

Just came back to update my post below from 2-years ago. I finally saw the inside of a 2-bedroom Bocce Village Suite. All 4 2-bedroom Bocce Village Suites are in Bldg. 15. 1501/02, 03/04, 05/06, and 07/08 are the room numbers. They can actually lock off the connector room with 2 doubles to turn it from a 1600 Sq Ft 2 bedroom Suite into a 1200 Sq Ft 1-bedroom Suite. The common area between the King room and the 2-doubles room is 800 Sq Ft with its own 1/2 bathroom. This layout works GREAT for families, and as I noted in my orginal post below, The room interior is quite nice, just like all the rooms here. I believe this Bldg has the best views of Camelback Mountain of all the Bocce Village rooms which is an added bonus. I would stick with my original rankings and put this 2-bedroom Suite above all the 1-bedroom Suites just due to the size of it. I might possibly rank the 1-bedroom Corjito Suite (Rm 127) above this one. And if you want to be by a pool and don't care much about all the extra room in the 2-bedroom Suite, then Suite 222 or 521 would likely be better for you as they both have great pool views AND great Camelback views.

Originally Posted by gregorygrady
A question first off: Have you stayed in (or seen) the 2 bedroom Bocce Village Suites? That's an awfully large Suite and I think I might put it above most all 1-bedroom Suites, but I confess I haven't seen one nor do I know where they are located.

Second: Just wanted to add my review about almost everything you ever wanted to know about rooms at this property:

So I've now stayed at Montelucia 7 times and in those stays I've done a thorough site inspection, so I'll add my thoughts to this thread. Here is the Resort Layout map that I've done up based on my site inspections:

I have labeled all 40 of the Suites in the property with the exception of the FOUR 2-bedroom 1600 Sq Ft bedrooms in the Bocce Garden Village. I could not for the life of me figure out where these 4 suites were located. As far as labeling on my layout map, I only used the Room #s for the first floor rooms in each building. The second floor rooms are identical to the first floor rooms, except that their room number is EXACTLY 20 numbers higher (ie, Rm. 202 is a first floor 1-bedroom Kasbah Poolside Suite and Rm 222 is the Suite directly above it on the second floor).

Here are my personal rankings of the Suites at Montelucia (from worst to best) as well as actual room numbers (from worst to best to keep with jpdx's rankings) within each Suite category:

- Kasbah Village Hospitality Suite (Rm 416, 401).........no bed in this Suite?
- King 1-bedroom Suite Kasbah Village (Rm 218, 215, 412, 404, 432, 424, 436, 235, 238)
- King Corner 1-bedroom Suite Oasis Village (Rm 511, 701, 601, 711, 910, 901, 930, 621, 731, 921, 531, 721)
- King Corner 1-bedroom Suite Oasis Village Exclusive (Rm 611, 631, 501, 521)
- King 1-bedroom Suite Kasbah Village Poolside (Rm 219, 202, 239, 421, 222)
- King Corner 1-bedroom Suite Cortijo Plaza (Rm 127)
- 2-bedroom Suite Bocce Garden Village (Rm #?)
- Cortijo Plaza Luxury Suite, Rm 128/129 (1,460 square foot 2-bedroom, 2 ½ bath, 3 balconies overlooking Corjito Plaza)
- Camelback Luxury Suite, Rm 300 (2,800 square foot 2-bedroom, 2 ½ bath)
- Andalusian Luxury Suite, Rm 800 (2,800 square foot 2-bedroom, 2 ½ bath, private pool)

A few other notes of interest:
- There are no Suites in Bldgs #10-19 (with the exception of the four 2 bedroom Bocce Garden Suite which I couldn't find.
- All first floor non-suite rooms have a double sized comfy yellow lounger as well as 2 comfy padded blue chairs and a table.
- All second floor non-suite rooms have a single/twin-sized yellow lounger and the same 2 padded blue chairs and table.
- All 1-bedroom Suites (on 1st AND 2nd floors) have 2 of the double sized yellow loungers as well as 4 blue chars and a table.
- Bldgs 10 & 11 have good Camelback views, especialy from 2nd floor rooms.
- Bldg 15 probably has the best Camelback views of the Bocce Village rooms.
- Bldg 16 has slightly impeded Camelback views.
- Bldg 18 has decent partial Camelback views if you turn right from your patio.
- I don't know which Suite # is the ADA compliant Suite that jpdx mentioned above to stay away from unfortunately.
- Be careful of Suites #215 and #218. They have their own personal brick patio areas with nothing in them and from what I can tell not even a Camelback view unless maybe you look over the tall brick wall.
- On the other hand, the 2 rooms directly above those (Rm 235 & 238) may have some of the best direct unobstructed views of Camelback Mtn. of all the 1 bedroom Suites.
- Suite #921 sort of has it's own private gated front entrance with another table and a few blue chairs. From that little private area there is a decent view of Camelback. Although it doesn't have a great view of the Oasis pool from the back balcony, it does have a nice view of Mummy Mtn to one side and the Phoenix Mountain Preserve (?) to the other side, if you can get over the view of the building almost straight ahead.
- IMHO, the 5 best 1 bedroom Suites here are:
1 (Best). Rm 222
2. Rm 521
3. Rm 239
4. Rm 421
5. Tossup between 202/219/501/631
- If you want privacy, choose Oasis Village.
- If you like action (pool views, etc), choose Kasbah Village.
- If you want a cheaper rate & smaller room, choose Bocce Garden Village.
- Oasis Pool is much quieter than Kasbah pool, but service is less frequent there and food choices at Oasis are slim-to none.
- If you like a large double sized lounger to lay on in a standard room, choose the first floor.
- If you "hope" to get a better Camelback view, choose the 2nd floor.
- If you are an RA, IMHO it is a tossup as to whether a 1st floor or 2nd floor Suite is better. 2nd floor is better for the view, but 1st floor is better for ease of access to your minibar if you are laying by the pool and want to mix your own drinks out of your minibar, especially if you have a poolside Suite such as Rm. 202, 219, 501/511, 601/611, 701/711. You can just leave your sliding glass door unlocked and walk 20 steps from your pool lounger to your minibar for a refill whenever you want. ^
Old May 9, 2011, 4:54 pm

Programs: Hyatt GP
Word on the street is that the Montelucia has been bought by KSL and will be losing the IHG banner, which would be a shame
Old May 18, 2011, 9:24 am

Programs: UA-Plat, AA-Plat, PC-Plat Amb, tons of others...
Travelzoo Top 20

Montelucia is on Travelzoo's Top 20 today - advertising $129 rate through September.

$129 -- Scottsdale 'World's Best' Resort w/$50 Spa Credit http://www.travelzoo.com/top20/74616722-1032912/
Source: InterContinental Montelucia Resort & Spa

This special from the InterContinental Montelucia Resort & Spa cuts 30% off regular rates and offers these valuable extras:

•A $50 one-time spa credit
•Waived $24 daily resort fee
•Waived $10 daily self-parking fee
This deal is available for stays of at least two nights May 23 - Sept. 5, including weekends.

http://www.travelzoo.com/hotels/texa...um=email_top20
Old May 19, 2011, 2:01 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue, Priority Club Plat Amb
We have just returned from a 6 night stay at the ICH Montelucia Scottsdale.
Overall it was a great experience and we would return in the future.

We booked a King Bed ‘Deluxe Resort View’ as an ambassador we were informed this had been upgraded to a ‘Oasis Poolside Exclusive’. Other than the nice view which included the adult pool and Camel Back Mountain it wasn’t much of an upgrade.

However the room was a nice size and well acquainted.

We arrived on a Tuesday evening and the resort was rather quiet.
For example the poolside bar restaurant is open until sunset during the week then 10pm at the weekends.

Up until the Thursday evening the resort remained quiet, especially besides the pool’s.
By the weekend it was rather busy and by the Saturday it became difficult to find spare sunbeds by the pool in the afternoon. This isn’t really a criticism just an observation.
For this reason I wouldn’t bother with a Cabana midweek as there is plenty of space around the pool. However at the weekends a Cabana ensures you have a nice location, although this is reflected with the increased cabana prices at weekends and holidays.

The level of service was very good across all areas, from the moment we arrived with the bell boys, reception staff, to the poolside staff.

On Friday night we ate at the ‘Prado’ restaurant and had a very good meal. There was some confusion over our reservation, but it didn’t detract from the experience. The price was reasonable for a standard 3-course dinner including drinks. They also offered a rather restricted set-menu for $40 a head, or a taster menu for $85 each. Our meal came to approx $60 a head.

Food/drinks around the pool are slightly on the expensive side for example $7 a bottle of beer. But their Draft peach beer is fantastic so I soon forgot about the price. I can also recommend their Nachos, which is larger enough to share.
Old May 20, 2011, 1:28 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat (+LTP), VS Silver
Originally Posted by Bandai
Word on the street is that the Montelucia has been bought by KSL and will be losing the IHG banner, which would be a shame
If you go to www.icmontelucia.com, it now redirects to www.montelucia.com. The front page confirms that KSL has taken over the resort, but there's now an Intercontinental Alliance resort (i.e. like Venetian/Palazzo) logo - so it looks like it will remain an IHG property.
Old May 20, 2011, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by davidw70
I was not charged resort fee on a reward night last time I stayed; I believe you do get charged on the BOGO night though.

There is self-parking which is included in the resort fee.
So, if you are on an Award/Free Night stay and there is no resort fee, do you still get the parking, gym access and Internet (which are covered in the resort fee) for free?

Thanks.
Old May 20, 2011, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by username
So, if you are on an Award/Free Night stay and there is no resort fee, do you still get the parking, gym access and Internet (which are covered in the resort fee) for free?

Thanks.
I would imagine so for the gym as you just access it via your key-card and there is no-one to check. as for the free parking, it is no longer free. it is $10 per day for self, $26 (??) for valet.
Old May 20, 2011, 12:53 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue, Priority Club Plat Amb
Originally Posted by janed9388
I would imagine so for the gym as you just access it via your key-card and there is no-one to check. as for the free parking, it is no longer free. it is $10 per day for self, $26 (??) for valet.
Self parking is free, well it was last week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.