Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

IC Montelucia Resort & Spa Scottsdale Master Thread (No longer an IC)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Montelucia Resort & Spa Scottsdale Master Thread (No longer an IC)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2010, 8:29 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Just back from a 4 night stay at the IC Montelucia. This was my first time to stay at an IC Hotel.....I've had a couple of HI and HIX stays over the years but have been a pretty loyal Starwood Platinum member and have chosen Hilton as a second choice behind Starwood. HH devaluation however got me looking elsewhere and the IC Luckiest Looser campaign sealed the deal for me to book 5 rooms at the IC Montelucia.

Overall a very nice stay and I was pretty impressed by the property and all the staff. Service and food was very good in all the restaurants. Room was nicely furnished and we got rooms at the back of the resort in the one story buildings (Building 17). If I had to find something to complain about it would be:

1. The breakfast selection at the Crave Coffee place. Everything was covered with a huge amount of frosting! I managed to get a blueberry scone on one morning but on the other three they only had sugar bombs available.
2. Replentishment of bath products was not done on a regular basis. Maybe I'm spoiled from Starwood but I went three days with one small bottle of shampoo before they left another one.
3. Service at the adult pool was very slow on one of the days and I had to ask a couple of times if I could order something to eat.

Again this really is looking for something to complain about but it wasn't a big deal. I would book the resort again without hesitation. I have stayed at the Westin Kierland and also the Fairmont Princess and overall I prefer the IC over these two other hotels. I just wish IC had resort options in California and Florida too.
Old May 12, 2010, 6:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K,VS Gold, PC Plat, SPG Gold
Just received an email offer with a "refer to a friend" option, so I guess this is open to all:

From $89/night valid for stays 1st June through 6th September

Offer is valid starting at 12:00 p.m., noon, on May 11 through midnight on May 18, 2010 (PST). Once booked, this offer is non-refundable and a full deposit will be charged. Rate is based on availability and cannot be combined with any other offers. Rate does not include taxes, resort fee or gratuities. Not valid on existing reservations. Not valid on group business. Spa discount is valid on one regularly priced 50-minute treatment, per room. The spa discount must be used at the time of room reservation. Dinner for two is an $89 credit. Other restrictions may apply. Offer is non-commissionable. Blackout dates may apply.

One week to apply

I did a few random rearches, plenty of availability at $89

OK so PHX is toasty during the summer, but hey that's what the Pool and AC are for

Hope this helps someone, the "friend" link is below

This link does not benefit me in any way

http://invisionstrategicmail.com/for...x8fFByZXZp....
Old May 12, 2010, 8:20 pm

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
While this is a great rate, be aware that Montelucia is also participating in the "stay 23 nights, get 25K points" Ambassador promo, and book your rate accordingly! (You must book a special rate code to get the 25K...)

Last edited by TheBeerHunter; May 13, 2010 at 8:08 am Reason: correct number of nights req'd for 25K
Old May 12, 2010, 11:24 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by TheBeerHunter
While this is a great rate, be aware that Montelucia is also participating in the "stay 3 nights, get 25K points" Ambassador promo, and book your rate accordingly! (You must book a special rate code to get the 25K...)
I looked at that rate, but it seems like a shockingly bad deal to me. For the dates I checked, the rates for the 25000 point bonus were $209 per night (weekday). The same dates can be had for $119, or indeed under this $89 promo. Considering that 25000 points can be bought for $150 with the points&cash trick, the promotion (btw, I think it's "stay 2 nights") is a bad deal. (This applies to a number of US ICs, where the promo rates require too high a premium.)
Old May 13, 2010, 8:09 am

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jpdx
I looked at that rate, but it seems like a shockingly bad deal to me. For the dates I checked, the rates for the 25000 point bonus were $209 per night (weekday). The same dates can be had for $119, or indeed under this $89 promo. Considering that 25000 points can be bought for $150 with the points&cash trick, the promotion (btw, I think it's "stay 2 nights") is a bad deal. (This applies to a number of US ICs, where the promo rates require too high a premium.)
Oops - corrected the number of nights; thanks!

Just wanted to make sure people were aware of their options
Old May 13, 2010, 10:25 am

Direct link for rate code F55

The rate code is F55 and here is a direct link

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/6c/...h?rateCode=F55

Just FYI: The rate on 4th of July weekend goes up to $109. Still pretty good considering the $89 credit for dinner or a massage...

Originally Posted by Errr....
Just received an email offer with a "refer to a friend" option, so I guess this is open to all:

From $89/night valid for stays 1st June through 6th September

Offer is valid starting at 12:00 p.m., noon, on May 11 through midnight on May 18, 2010 (PST). Once booked, this offer is non-refundable and a full deposit will be charged. Rate is based on availability and cannot be combined with any other offers. Rate does not include taxes, resort fee or gratuities. Not valid on existing reservations. Not valid on group business. Spa discount is valid on one regularly priced 50-minute treatment, per room. The spa discount must be used at the time of room reservation. Dinner for two is an $89 credit. Other restrictions may apply. Offer is non-commissionable. Blackout dates may apply.

One week to apply

I did a few random rearches, plenty of availability at $89

OK so PHX is toasty during the summer, but hey that's what the Pool and AC are for

Hope this helps someone, the "friend" link is below

This link does not benefit me in any way

http://invisionstrategicmail.com/for...x8fFByZXZp....
Old May 13, 2010, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by dlouise37
Still pretty good considering the $89 credit for dinner or a massage...
I don't think they mean that the $89 rate includes a $89 credit for massage and/or dinner, but rather that when booking the $89 rate, you also qualify for a reduced price massage and dinner ($89 each).
Old May 28, 2010, 1:56 am

Programs: Platinum Ambassador Priority Club, Singapore Silver Elite, Hilton Honors Silver, Continental Silver
PCR Ambassador

See this for the Montelucia offer:
25000 PCR AMBASSADOR

RATE DESCRIPTION:
25000 PCR AMBASSADOR
$209.00 (USD) Per Room Per Night
TAX: 11.92% per night not included in rate effective 6 June, 2010 thru 8 June, 2010
24.00 USD per night not included in rate effective 6 June, 2010 thru 8 June, 2010
RESORT FEE.
3 PERSON(S) PER ROOM MAXIMUM

DESCRIPTION:
25000 PCR BONUS POINTS FOR AMBASSADOR MEMBERS ONLY. MEMBER MUST STAY A MINIMUM OF 2 NIGHTS AND MUST SHOW ID AT TIME OF CHECK IN. MEMBERS CAN WIN UP TO 3 TIMES DURING THE PROMOTIONAL PERIOD EARNING A MAX OF 75000 BONUS POINTS TOTAL.

RULES:
CHECK-IN TIME: 16:00:00
CHECK-OUT TIME: 12:00:00

CANCELLATION POLICY:
Canceling your reservation before 6:00 PM (local hotel time) on Thursday, 3 June, 2010 will result in no charge. Canceling your reservation after 6:00 PM (local hotel time) on 3 June, 2010, or failing to show, will result in a charge equal to the first night's stay per room to your credit card. Taxes may apply. Failing to call or show before check-out time after the first night of a reservation will result in cancellation of the remainder of your reservation.

Note that nothing says you can't pay for your rooms via points. So, I try to do it online, no dice. If I call do you think they can do it?
Old May 28, 2010, 3:33 am

Originally Posted by azgrunge
Note that nothing says you can't pay for your rooms via points. So, I try to do it online, no dice. If I call do you think they can do it?
This offer is for their overinflated PAID rates. No way they would give you 25k pts for redeeming 60k worth of pts and no other payment.
Old Jul 2, 2010, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Booked the Facebook $99/nt rate with $25/nt room credit, lowest category room.

Was given 1st floor Oasis Village Suite.

On arrival I was told valet parking = $15. Got to the room and logged on to the wireless, it wanted a password or PIN. I rang the front desk, "It should be on the bottom of the form that explained the resort fee." I wasn't given one of those... she read off a PIN for internet.

Room service was finishing up delivering a fruit plate and charcuterie plate along with a large fiji water as Ambassador amenity (no separate 'gift').

Bathroom is large, nice. Not all that well provisioned (eg no cotton balls or similar, just the basic shampoo/soap/lotion). Large enough for dual sinks but they only have one. Outdoor sitting area is nice, but think I would have preferred something on the second floor. Room faces the Oasis pool.
Old Jul 4, 2010, 7:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Alright, I hate the internet service here. They utilize Superclick managing internet access. Best I can tell, every request for a webpage runs through their system (so they're monitoring your browsing) and it attempts to serve popup ads (which my system keeps blocking).

They shouldn't be charging a resort fee for internet access and providing you advertising-supported internet access.

It impairs the browsing experience and I don't like the way I'm being watched (not that googling my name would make anyone surprised to see I was browsing Flyertalk...)
Old Jul 6, 2010, 5:15 am

Programs: LX SEN, BA Gfl/GGL, IC Dia, HH Dia, Hyatt LT GLOB
Originally Posted by gleff
It impairs the browsing experience and I don't like the way I'm being watched [...]
A suitable option would be to use a VPN-connection.
Old Jul 11, 2010, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Lots of photos from suite 501 and then 1508 and around the resort:
http://boardingarea.com/blogs/viewfr...alley-arizona/
Old Jul 11, 2010, 8:22 am

Thanks for the pics! In over a dozen stays, we've never been given a suite in the Bocce village (usually request 521 or 127). I'm surprised to see that these suites look different from the ones in the main buildings -- pretty nice judging from your pictures, and it can be advantageous to be away from the pools.
Old Dec 29, 2010, 10:51 am

Programs: UA-Plat, AA-Plat, PC-Plat Amb, tons of others...
Staying here for new year's eve later this week, then heading out to the under-sold Fiesta Bowl. Even using my BOGO for it, got lucky.

Booked their basic Signature Suite. As a RA, just saw that we got upgraded to a Mtn View 1-Bedroom Suite, which appears to be a very nice upgrade.

Does anyone know whether any of the pools are heated? Last stayed here in July, and a heated pool was certainly not needed!

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.