Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

IC Montelucia Resort & Spa Scottsdale Master Thread (No longer an IC)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Montelucia Resort & Spa Scottsdale Master Thread (No longer an IC)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2012, 8:40 pm

Montelucia has lots to recommend it. But I've given up on this hotel honoring or acknowledging any Ambassador status. Just completed our third stay here in the last couple of years. Every stay has included amusing or annoying service incidents. The last straw was them denying late check out with a claim of "fully committed" when it's August and the resort is a ghost town. Really? When pressed (barely), the late check out was granted. Thanks. It'll be my last.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 1:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Any recent reports? We have a stay coming up as AMB - our past stays in the are were at Hyatt and Fairmont...
Old Jun 12, 2013, 2:07 pm

Will be staying at this property over Labor Day 2013 using Chase free night certificates. Any recent stays using this method of "payment" or points and if they charge you the resort fee?

I know the JW Marriott across the street always removes the resort fee at check-in if you let them know you won't be using the amenities included in the fee.
Old Sep 5, 2013, 8:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kinglobjaw
Will be staying at this property over Labor Day 2013 using Chase free night certificates. Any recent stays using this method of "payment" or points and if they charge you the resort fee?
I wonder what your experience was with the resort fee and elite benefits... I made a reservation with my free night certificate and it did not seem to say anything about resort fees. Thanks.
Old Oct 6, 2013, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Here is the scoop:

1 - resort fee of $25 per room - does not seem waived for Platinums. Includes things like use of the gym, basic Internet, phone

2 - parking is $10 for overnight guests only

3 - it seems the gym is separate from the spa - to use any of the spa facility (showers, sauna), that is another $25 per person

Maybe I was lucky when I stayed there 2 years ago - no resort fee, late checkout and used the spa facilities for free.
Old Oct 9, 2013, 7:16 pm

Programs: Starwood/Hyatt/IHG-PLAT/Hilton-DIA
Question What to Expect as Platinum Royal Ambassador?

I have an upcoming stay as a Platinum Royal Ambassador and am wondering what I can expect for benefits. I am using a BOGO certificate, and then one night on points for 50,000 (seems like a bad point vallue)

- Unlimited Free Mini Bar for only the BOGO nights or do they give it for the points nights too at this property?

- Minibar refills per request if you call, more than once per day? IE if I drink the 2 heinekens, and want a third, can I call for a refill right away?

- What type of guaranteed Plat RA 2 level room upgrade is common and what should I expect? Does it matter which room to initially book?

- Any other tips on the welcome amenity?

Thanks in advance!
Old Oct 10, 2013, 3:13 pm

Programs: AA ex Plat, IC Plat , Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by rb23lb
I have an upcoming stay as a Platinum Royal Ambassador and am wondering what I can expect for benefits. I am using a BOGO certificate, and then one night on points for 50,000 (seems like a bad point vallue)

- Unlimited Free Mini Bar for only the BOGO nights or do they give it for the points nights too at this property?

- Minibar refills per request if you call, more than once per day? IE if I drink the 2 heinekens, and want a third, can I call for a refill right away?

- What type of guaranteed Plat RA 2 level room upgrade is common and what should I expect? Does it matter which room to initially book?

- Any other tips on the welcome amenity?

Thanks in advance!
You may want to check the Royal Ambassador thread, as that will be most accuracte. Mini-bar isnt unlimited at this property its capped at $100, since its affiliate property.....same a Vegas etc.

another helpful link:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...er-thread.html

The bar does run a decent happy hour with drinks and food.
Old Oct 10, 2013, 3:18 pm

Programs: Starwood/Hyatt/IHG-PLAT/Hilton-DIA
Question

Originally Posted by shawntobi
You may want to check the Royal Ambassador thread, as that will be most accuracte. Mini-bar isnt unlimited at this property its capped at $100, since its affiliate property.....same a Vegas etc.

another helpful link:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...er-thread.html

The bar does run a decent happy hour with drinks and food.
what about suite upgrade for Plat RA's?

What is the high end to expect and what is the low end to settle for?
Old Jan 5, 2014, 4:35 pm

Programs: Hyatt GP
Just an FYI, this resort has been taken over by OMNI and their partnership with IC will be drawing down very soon...
Old Jan 5, 2014, 11:25 pm

Programs: Amtrak Select Executive, Hertz PC, National EE, IC Diamond Ambassador, ALL Gold, Hyatt Disc
Originally Posted by Bandai
Just an FYI, this resort has been taken over by OMNI and their partnership with IC will be drawing down very soon...
I stayed there last week and the date I was told was January 7th, however I have not seen any confirmation of this. A few of the employees in the front discussed the change. They are hopeful for a change but will miss many of the associate benefits they used to receive in the IC brand such as reduced rates at IC hotels and the level of recognition they could provide their guests through the Ambassador program.

Regardless the change to OMNI should be in the coming days.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 6:06 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Nooooo!
Old Jan 6, 2014, 6:56 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat (+LTP), VS Silver
Very sad news. I have always enjoyed my stays here and they've treated me well (even after I was downgraded from RA).

It does seem sad that IC just can't attract any resorts in the US (or even any new hotels). With Montelucia's exit, the Alliance Resorts are back to the original two in Vegas.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 1:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Silver
Gone.
Old Jan 8, 2014, 7:22 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Has anyone with BRG or BOGO reservations been contacted? I wonder how those will be handled...
Old Jan 9, 2014, 12:49 am

Programs: BA GGL, NH SFC, IHG Diamond, Radisson VIP, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
This is really shocking to me as I stay at this particular property every year... One of my favourites...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.