Community
Wiki Posts
Search

*** IC Master Promo Thread 2009 ***

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2009, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by Raffles
Have you recently requalified for Plat for next year? I thought that might be the trigger.
Good call. After my 4/7 stay, and with some well appreciated help from Radioman, I did requalify. That must be it.
Old May 6, 2009, 3:28 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum Ambassador, Accor Gold, Hilton Hhonors Gold, Qantas Gold, Virgin Australia Platinum
Has this changed?

Last year, I received My Platinum bonus a few weeks before i requalified. It helped me get across the line.

I thought it might be related to a stay?
Old May 6, 2009, 6:23 pm

Ugh each stay my points keep drastically going down - 29k my first stay then 8k, 5k, and now pitiful. I registered for the double points, 6x/2x, and stay x get y but some must not be working and there isn't a way to tell and I don't want to call.

Maybe it's time to switch to Marriott or SPG or maybe I'm not doing something correctly with the PC codes
Old May 6, 2009, 6:40 pm

so far i have only 6 nights and got 60K points...average from 8K - 17K (but that includes the bonus)...dont know how it will play out next time as I have a CP Changi stay in Singapore ( Asia Sale) and the HK IC ( with 10,000 pts bonus)....
Old May 6, 2009, 7:18 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by 5.9LITRE
Ugh each stay my points keep drastically going down - 29k my first stay then 8k, 5k, and now pitiful. I registered for the double points, 6x/2x, and stay x get y but some must not be working and there isn't a way to tell and I don't want to call.

Maybe it's time to switch to Marriott or SPG or maybe I'm not doing something correctly with the PC codes
I think the big points haul that came with the first stay under the 6*/double/welcome back/new member bonuses is not characteristic for PC, and the 5-8k per night are more typical. Still not a bad deal considering that 5k buys a pointbreaks night, and 40k buy a night at ICs in Bora Bora, Paris, Amsterdam, etc. One way to maximize points is to use different accounts when traveling with relatives (or "relatives") to make sure everybody gets the one-time bonuses.
Old May 6, 2009, 8:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think you just got greedy after the first stay.
Old May 6, 2009, 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by soitgoes
I think you just got greedy after the first stay.
Fully agree.................
Old May 6, 2009, 10:53 pm

Any advice for a newbie? I've read through this thread and have registered for basically all of the promos on the first page and ones I could find throughout the thread.

My first 4 day stay I got 29k points
My second 2 day stay I got 11k points

But my offers page now shows that most of my offers are maxed out and I've already earned the points. Does that mean my future stays won't give me tons of points?

Am I supposed to go in every week before my stay and re-register for all of the promos and hope some of them stick again or what? I've tried to stay away from certain promos that might mess things up like the free nights promo in the other thread. But although I'm registered for the 6x points and several of the welcome back bonuses I don't know how to track that I'm getting them or increase my points per stay (obviously I won't call Priority Club to ask).

I have been getting legitimate "Welcome Back - 1500 points" emails but when I click the link to register it says I already am. So as a newbie that has tried to read through most of this thread - what's the best way to continue to get tons of points - need to re-register for all the ones on the first page each week or is there something else I should be doing?
I think your expectations are WAAAAAAAAAAAAY too high. Do you really think that just because you got 29k pts for your first stay and then 11k for your second stay and then 8k for your third stay and now less that something is wrong? You've obviously maxed out the majority of the promos.

Do you really expect PC to give you 29k pts every single stay or something? Your expectations are just way too high. Might I suggest you go try out the Hilton program for awhile? Then come back a year from now and we'll see if you're still complaining about only getting 4k or 5k pts per stay with PC. @:-)

FWIW, if you read over the year-end point haul threads from the previous few years, you'll find people are doing quite well if they average 4k pts per night. Tone down your expectations just a tad and then maybe you'll be a bit more appreciative.......^.....................especiall y since there isn't a program out there as generous as PC is at throwing truckloads of points your way if you just know where to look (ie, this thread).
Old May 6, 2009, 10:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Have you thought about the Biggest Free Nights promo?

Depending on your stay patterns, you could get a nice 1/2 free night credit every night for up to eight nights.

You also might consider combining SPG and PC. For example, I am doing some stays like this: 1 night SPG, 2 nights PCR, 1 night SPG
Four hotel nights=2 free nights, one each with SPG and PCR

While I agree with gregorygrady that your expectations are way too high, I would also agree that you should utilize more than one program to a) maximize benefit and b) cover more hotel chains.
Old May 7, 2009, 1:17 am

I have renewed platinum in January this year. Can I actually renwe for another year (2 in total) when I cross the 120k soon this year?

Markus
Old May 7, 2009, 1:32 am

No....................
Old May 7, 2009, 7:53 am

Programs: WN A+/CP, HH Diamond, Delta Gold, UsAir Gold, IHG Plat
I think you're expecting too much - I've been doing regular corporate travel for 15 years, and the PC program is by far the best, IMHO. I opt for IC properties whenever there's a choice. I do take advantage of other programs, if there's a great deal in progress.

I'm going for all Crowne Plaza stays at the moment, though. The US promotion for Get a Better Game is probably the best promo ever, if you're a golfer.

https://secure.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d...FO&secure=true

Old May 7, 2009, 9:34 am

Programs: LH SEN;Accor Plat.;IHG-RC Gold and some others
The "stay 3 get free Ambassador" is still working
I have had 3 nights in April and today i saw the Ambassador at my account !
Great for my next stay in a couple of days at the IC Goa.

Muito obrigado !! ^
Old May 7, 2009, 10:04 am

Radioman, thanks a million.
I had 10 stays, 12 nights and requalified for Platinum, my SO had 6 stays, 9 nights and requalified for Platinum. Plus we were able to redeem points ( 5K ea. ) for 10 nights in Paris in August. Can't ask for anything better.
Old May 7, 2009, 2:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Priority Club RA, Lots of other cards

Hi
Just because your not earning "BIG" points on each stay there is no need to jump ship. Its not pitiful, its the standard earning, BUT, we will now see the Double Points for the next few months which will be pretty good and any other promos that pop up in between.

You cant have it a WIN WIN situation all the time, you got to take the rough with the smooth. For me, am just about to book another 4 night stay so now I have at least 14 nights during the double points promo as well as the 10k Stay x and also the Marks and Spencer vouchers (which I should get).

Am happy with this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.