FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - *** IC Master Promo Thread 2009 ***
View Single Post
Old May 6, 2009, 10:53 pm
gregorygrady

Originally Posted by 5.9LITRE
Ugh each stay my points keep drastically going down - 29k my first stay then 8k, 5k, and now pitiful. I registered for the double points, 6x/2x, and stay x get y but some must not be working and there isn't a way to tell and I don't want to call.

Maybe it's time to switch to Marriott or SPG or maybe I'm not doing something correctly with the PC codes
Originally Posted by 5.9LITRE
Any advice for a newbie? I've read through this thread and have registered for basically all of the promos on the first page and ones I could find throughout the thread.

My first 4 day stay I got 29k points
My second 2 day stay I got 11k points

But my offers page now shows that most of my offers are maxed out and I've already earned the points. Does that mean my future stays won't give me tons of points?

Am I supposed to go in every week before my stay and re-register for all of the promos and hope some of them stick again or what? I've tried to stay away from certain promos that might mess things up like the free nights promo in the other thread. But although I'm registered for the 6x points and several of the welcome back bonuses I don't know how to track that I'm getting them or increase my points per stay (obviously I won't call Priority Club to ask).

I have been getting legitimate "Welcome Back - 1500 points" emails but when I click the link to register it says I already am. So as a newbie that has tried to read through most of this thread - what's the best way to continue to get tons of points - need to re-register for all the ones on the first page each week or is there something else I should be doing?
I think your expectations are WAAAAAAAAAAAAY too high. Do you really think that just because you got 29k pts for your first stay and then 11k for your second stay and then 8k for your third stay and now less that something is wrong? You've obviously maxed out the majority of the promos.

Do you really expect PC to give you 29k pts every single stay or something? Your expectations are just way too high. Might I suggest you go try out the Hilton program for awhile? Then come back a year from now and we'll see if you're still complaining about only getting 4k or 5k pts per stay with PC. @:-)

FWIW, if you read over the year-end point haul threads from the previous few years, you'll find people are doing quite well if they average 4k pts per night. Tone down your expectations just a tad and then maybe you'll be a bit more appreciative.......^.....................especiall y since there isn't a program out there as generous as PC is at throwing truckloads of points your way if you just know where to look (ie, this thread).