Old May 17, 2009, 7:49 am

Programs: RA
I stay 4
I have received 5000 points

Thanks

Last edited by Abdulmalik100; Jun 20, 2009 at 8:15 am
Old May 17, 2009, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
I am on the road about 100 stays a year which translates into 110 nights based on my travel pattern. I keep top tier in three programs and make my choices based on the promos available. In April everything went to Hilton, In May and June IC will get eight nights, the rest will go to Starwood and this will certainly continue until the end of the year. Its great to have a choice.
This is exactly my point. As dwg1 posted a few posts before, since he got all of his free nights and couldn't earn any more points, he was going to book his remaining stays somewhere else. IHG has created a promo that drives it's typical big earners (i.e, dwg1) away because there is no longer a rewards incentive. This is why I believe that the target market for the promo was not the typical FT member. Why would they want to push their best customers away?
Old May 17, 2009, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Nolarchy
This is why I believe that the target market for the promo was not the typical FT member. Why would they want to push their best customers away?
This promo is nothing but a poor and sloppy drafted copy of the SPG promotion. These guys had to do something but the outcome was somegthing with plenty "buts" and restrictions.....
Old May 17, 2009, 9:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Priority Club RA, Lots of other cards
Originally Posted by Abdulmalik100
Dear all

I registering stay 4 get 5000 points
I stay 4
I have received 5000 points

The first quarter ended
Do we re-registering ?
Thanks
Abdulmalik100,

You have asked this sort of question a number of times. Once the 1st 1/4 is over you then register for the 2nd 1/4. We are currently in the 2nd 1/4 and you can only receive the promotion ONCE during any 1/4.

J
Old May 17, 2009, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Nolarchy
Why would they want to push their best customers away?
That's why it was a strategic mistake (in my opinion a very serious mistake). I've gotten emails about the promo from PCR, the phone messages when you call in mention it, it is plastered all over the website, it was announced on PC Connect, etc. They are also trying to get new customers, but they are not ignoring marketing this promo to their existing members (including elites).

I would argue that four free nights is as attractive (if not more attractive) to FTers as it is to new PCR members. FTers like award nights.

The confusing web of terms, seemingly inconsistent/unpredictable IT, and the zero point earnings after eight nights is a serious misstep in my opinion. The
Old May 17, 2009, 11:58 am

Programs: RA
Originally Posted by Radioman
Abdulmalik100,

You have asked this sort of question a number of times. Once the 1st 1/4 is over you then register for the 2nd 1/4. We are currently in the 2nd 1/4 and you can only receive the promotion ONCE during any 1/4.

J
Thanks dear Radioman

But
When starting
Registration next?

Last edited by Abdulmalik100; Jun 20, 2009 at 8:16 am
Old May 17, 2009, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by Abdulmalik100
Thanks dear Radioman

But
When starting
Registration next?
July 1st for the period July 1 - Sept 30.
Old May 18, 2009, 12:17 pm

Is there any way to register for the double points on the second stay promo so it's certain you get that promotion? From the posts I've been reading, it seems like you could go through the free nights promo and maybe get the option of the double points or get signed up on the free nights promo and miss out on the double points.
Old May 18, 2009, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Gregg
Is there any way to register for the double points on the second stay promo so it's certain you get that promotion? From the posts I've been reading, it seems like you could go through the free nights promo and maybe get the option of the double points or get signed up on the free nights promo and miss out on the double points.
You should get a choice when registering at www.getafreenight.com
The page looks like this: http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/289...enightreg1.jpg

DO NOT just enter the promo code on the ordinary registration page.
Old May 18, 2009, 3:35 pm

Programs: UA MM, AA almost MM
What is promotion 4370??

Just checked into a Holiday Inn Express in Wichita KS. The hotel website invited me to register for a chance to earn up to 30,000 points. When I click on the learn more link, the resultant page has no additional information except the promotion code of 4370.
Old May 18, 2009, 6:40 pm

Programs: Delta 1MM/SM, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Choice Hotels Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Stay 8 nights. Score 2 MLB tickets.

I did a search and didn't find this. Email from Priority Club.

http://tinyurl.com/ovp35g
Old May 18, 2009, 9:48 pm

Programs: UA S
Originally Posted by Ilove2fly
Just checked into a Holiday Inn Express in Wichita KS. The hotel website invited me to register for a chance to earn up to 30,000 points. When I click on the learn more link, the resultant page has no additional information except the promotion code of 4370.
I registered for it and its "Q4 DOUBLE POINTS/MILES '06" Seems unlikely to give bonus
Old May 18, 2009, 10:16 pm

Programs: AA Exp, Starwood Platinum, Priority Club Platinum RA, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
This promo is nothing but a poor and sloppy drafted copy of the SPG promotion. These guys had to do something but the outcome was somegthing with plenty "buts" and restrictions.....
I disagree. This promo works better for me simply because SPG free nights have a very short redemption period. Summer is my busy season and I can't get weekends off to use the free nights. I can use the PC nights later in the year when my season slows down.
Old May 19, 2009, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by studio253
I disagree. This promo works better for me simply because SPG free nights have a very short redemption period. Summer is my busy season and I can't get weekends off to use the free nights. I can use the PC nights later in the year when my season slows down.
This promo is like any other promos, there are people benefit from it and there are not.

However, in general, this promo from IHG is POORLY designed for the majority of folks - it essentially drives people to other chains once they earn their 4 free nights because if they dont, all their remaining stays will earn Ziltch.

To exclude Japan is also bad, but I can understand it probably has a lot to do with their partner ANA who probably does not agree on the promo terms.
Old May 19, 2009, 1:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Happy
This promo is like any other promos, there are people benefit from it and there are not.

However, in general, this promo from IHG is POORLY designed for the majority of folks - it essentially drives people to other chains once they earn their 4 free nights because if they dont, all their remaining stays will earn Ziltch.

To exclude Japan is also bad, but I can understand it probably has a lot to do with their partner ANA who probably does not agree on the promo terms.
The majority of people do not normally do 8 nights in a quarter I would suggest. The promotion did allow bonus points instead of receiving free nights too

Dave

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.