Community
Wiki Posts
Search

*** IC Master Promo Thread 2009 ***

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2009, 1:37 am

Programs: IHG, CC, HH, AF, AA, UA
Originally Posted by Roger
I hadn't seen this posted - pls delete if necessary.
No, it's new. I was actually going to post it as well.

What's interesting this time around :
- the countries where this applies has been extended : U.K., Germany, France, Belgium, the Netherlands, Italy, Spain, UAE and Saudi Arabia
- there's a clause which could make this promotion interesting even to high earners (although I don't remember if it was there last time) :
For existing Priority Club® Reward members, points earned prior to registration will not count towards the 25,000 total, so our loyal members can still benefit. (Any existing points will be retained for use as normal)
Old Mar 8, 2009, 4:32 am

Programs: ICHG Platinum RoyalAmb, HiltonHonors Gold, AClub Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Spg Plat
IC VALENTINE'S OFFER

Do you think that I can use a BOGO certificate for a weekend with this offer rate ( Valentine's offer: 4000 pts + breakfast ) ?
The rate is not prepaid.
Old Mar 8, 2009, 4:39 am

For existing Priority Club® Reward members, points earned prior to registration will not count towards the 25,000 total, so our loyal members can still benefit. (Any existing points will be retained for use as normal)

Hmmm, may be worth registering for this one. The last worked example is closest to my situation so if my working patterns stay the same and I continue to use IC hotels, it is likely that I'd earn more than 25k points over the period and therefore not benefit from the offer. But it's possible that I'll be working away from home less frequently during this period so would welcome the top up of points. If my travel requirements do stay the same, this offer will give me a chance to try out some other brands without losing PC points.
Old Mar 8, 2009, 4:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
If I understand it correctly, the best you can do is to register on April 27 and have your two stays before April 30....
Old Mar 8, 2009, 4:55 am

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
Tried to register and it told me I already was.

Last edited by jbfield; Mar 8, 2009 at 5:08 am
Old Mar 8, 2009, 5:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Interesting promo, but why no IC's? Bit unfair, especially given paucity of points usually!
Old Mar 9, 2009, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Heads up in Milwaukee!

Should anyone be planning to use the $89 special rate at the IC Milwaukee, please note that it will not qualify for PC points. Just spoke to hotel res office and they confirmed this.
Old Mar 9, 2009, 3:18 pm

Thumbs up Register as late as poss..

Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
If I understand it correctly, the best you can do is to register on April 27 and have your two stays before April 30....
I think you are right: register as late as possible, have two stays on low rates...in this way you maximise the number of points earned from this promo
Old Mar 9, 2009, 5:37 pm

Programs: FB Silver, QR Silver, LeClub Accor Silver, PC Plat
I have a question regarding the new free night promo in EMEA:
Since AF/KLM decided to rip us off with their new miles earning structure, I have decided not to fly them anymore, but I still need a few thousand miles to get a first class redemption so I have to maximize the number of miles im getting from my hotel programs.

Do you think I can still get the up to 25,000 top up if I switch back to earning miles after my first two stays as I will not be earning a lot with this promo with the stays that are planned in the coming few weeks?

Thanks in advance!
Old Mar 9, 2009, 7:20 pm

Programs: VA Platinum, QF Lifetime silver (ex plat :(), Accor Gold, IHG Ambassador, PC Platinum, Starwood Gold
businessplus or friends and family or corp???

Hi again

I'm getting thoroughly confused with all the options at the moment!

I am planning to book a 2 night weekend stay in April at the IC Sydney.

If I use the friends and family it is $199 without breakfast and may not be able to use my free weekend night certificate

I can get a corp rate which would be $265 including breakfast but could prob use certificate

then throw in the business plus offer which looks great as i hear the club at this hotel is fantastic. plus it includes full breakfast etc. couldnt get it online so i rang the hotel and they offered it but at $310, and i can't use the free weekend night certificate. the club would be lovely but i dont know that i can justify paying the extra and not getting the free night for it

the other time that i might use the weekend certificate is an upcomibng stay at IC singapore, which i already booked at the great asia sale rate - doesnt include breakfast but i'm assuming i can use the free night there - does anyone know?

any thoughts or recs appreciated!
Old Mar 9, 2009, 10:21 pm

Programs: QF QP NB, PC Plat. Amb, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by morepointsplease
then throw in the business plus offer which looks great as i hear the club at this hotel is fantastic. plus it includes full breakfast etc. couldnt get it online so i rang the hotel and they offered it but at $310, and i can't use the free weekend night certificate. the club would be lovely but i dont know that i can justify paying the extra and not getting the free night for it
Did they mention to you any particular reason why the Free Night certificate couldn't be used with the Business Plus offer? I certainly had no issues booking the Business Plus rate online for the IC Sydney. The T&C's in relation to the Free Night certificate state:

"Any rate may be booked when using the complimentary weekend night certificate with the following exceptions: In conjunction with any other promotion, Priority Club Reward Nights, Net Wholesaler/Inclusive Groups, Third Party Website/Internet and Employee rate.".

I'm sure I'll have an 'interesting' time at check-in if they refuse it (though given the rate's fully cancellable, the worst that happens is I don't stay at all ).
Old Mar 10, 2009, 1:09 am

Programs: It's better to have loved and lost than never have loved at all
Originally Posted by honker
I have a question regarding the new free night promo in EMEA:
Since AF/KLM decided to rip us off with their new miles earning structure, I have decided not to fly them anymore, but I still need a few thousand miles to get a first class redemption so I have to maximize the number of miles im getting from my hotel programs.

Do you think I can still get the up to 25,000 top up if I switch back to earning miles after my first two stays as I will not be earning a lot with this promo with the stays that are planned in the coming few weeks?

Thanks in advance!
You'll have to check these Ts & Cs carefully but I did this on the last 25k promo. I had my two qualifying stays and got a few points, switched to miles to take advantage of the double miles promo then switched back to points earning a week before the extra promo points were due to post.

Worked back then, haven't read up on this one properly though
Old Mar 10, 2009, 4:05 am

Programs: DL GM and so on
Stay 15 nights and earn 15,000 bonus points!

To take advantage of this exclusive offer, simply register and stay 15 nights between 1 April and 30 June 2009, at any of our hotels worldwide.

Whether you're planning a business trip, family holiday or weekend away, our 4,100 locations worldwide make it easy to find hotels that fit your needs and budget. With 15,000 bonus points your upcoming stays will be even more rewarding.

Code: 7758
Old Mar 10, 2009, 4:09 am

Programs: BA Gold PC Plat Hilton Gold
Q2 stay x get 10,000 bonus points between 1st April – 30th June

Looks like the codes for the Q2 stay x get 10,000 bonus points are being sent out. Codes so far:
Stay 10 get 10,000 points 6742
Stay 7 get 10,000 points 7714

As always please wait for all the codes to be posted before registering as better deals are often available
Old Mar 10, 2009, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Stay 8 nights and earn 10,000 bonus points.

Code 1754

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.