Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Dubai Festival City (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2015, 2:40 am

Programs: IHG Pl. Amb / Accor Gold / Hilton Gold /FB Gold / M&M SEN
Very disappointing to hear this. My club (booked - no upgrade as I have no RA status) booking is next week. I was under the impression that breakfast was served in the room as part of club - they still list it on their website brochure on Club - http://ihgdfc.com/IHGDFC-HTM-%20FILE...hure/HTML/#/4/
(page 4)? - they also still state 'food served throughout the day' - which based on your feedback is not the case?
Old Mar 11, 2015, 3:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by Oceanbound222
And, yes, the management is sticking to their story that they are bringing the Dubai IC Club Room on par with others club rooms in smaller markets. Should international high-end Dubai clientele be served exactly the same food as the club in Milwaukee, Wisconsin?
Isn't Bucharest or Warsaw a small market? Especially in comparison to Dubai! Yet both those IC's, and every other IC in Europe that I can think of have large spreads of food in the evening.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 3:20 am

I also don't understand that they would need to benchmark with other IC in completely different markets - shouldn't you be benchmarking yourself to local competition instead? The IC is such a wide range of hotels (from basic 4* level up to luxury hotels such as Cannes, Paris, Amsterdam, etc.) - unless they will split the brand into two categories it seems very unrealistic to have a similar offer as they would either need to downgrade half of their hotels, or upgrade the other half.

Anyhow, I've sent an e-mail to the hotel as they still list the 'old' club benefits on their website - which in my opinion is very misleading.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 4:13 am

Just received a reply - but they did not at all respond to the fact they still have the 'old' benefits listed on their website:

Greetings from InterContinental Hotel Dubai Festival City!

Thank you for your email.

With the Implementation of Brand Standards, Please find below re-aligned benefits of Club InterContinental.

Benefits and privileges include:

- Convenient check-in and check-out at the private Club Inter​ ​Continental guest relations desk
- Flexible Express Check-Out available for when time is of the essence
- Return airport transfers form Dubai International Airport (one car per room booked)​ Terminal 1& 3 only.​
- Suit pressing on arrival, also available for national dress
- Complimentary in-room amenities, stationary and business amenities
- Complimentary high speed internet connection​
- ​Breakfast served daily from 06:30 am to 11:00​ am
- High tea served daily from 2pm - 6pm
- ​Alcohol service ​and Complimentary Champagne between 6pm - 9pm
​- 2 hours complimentary meeting space subjected to availability.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 4:15 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by stimpy
Isn't Bucharest or Warsaw a small market? Especially in comparison to Dubai! Yet both those IC's, and every other IC in Europe that I can think of have large spreads of food in the evening.
Some IC 's certainly but I would not include eg London PL evening offering as worth having
Old Mar 30, 2015, 5:55 am

Does anyone know if you still get the free mini bar if you use your points to book a room while RA?
cheers
Sam
Old Mar 30, 2015, 12:59 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond Select, BA Blue
I've tried to book this IC in DXB for over two years using my IC/IHG points. I can NEVER find redemption availability. The other IC in DXB is not worth 45,000 points per night, IMO.

I've never had a redemption nights availability issue at any other IC.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 11:03 pm

Programs: Royal Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold
Oh this is going to bad quality

I have recently been at the IC Festival City.

The Club Lounge was one of the best in the past. Now the dinner offer is a shame for Dubai. No hot offers. If it would be an InterContinental somewhere else, I would´t complain. But this is Dubai.

And when I go to Dubai I exspect something very special. That was what I got in the Club Lounge in Dubai in the past.

Now it is nothing to write home about.

I would suggest that many of us should send E-Mails to the General Manager of IC Festival City and complain.

I will only return to this Hotel if I will get a "normal" Service for Dubai.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 1:22 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK*Elite+, EBD, FBG, EKS, IHG Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by rumbataz
I've tried to book this IC in DXB for over two years using my IC/IHG points. I can NEVER find redemption availability. The other IC in DXB is not worth 45,000 points per night, IMO.

I've never had a redemption nights availability issue at any other IC.
There is only one IC in Dubai, which is in DFC. There is a second one being built, in Dubai Marina. It will open in June if I recall correctly.

Edit: I realise there might be considered 2 ICs, since there is the IC Residence Suites at DFC too. I always count them as one though, since they are at the same spot basically.

Last edited by johhenrik; Mar 31, 2015 at 1:32 am
Old Mar 31, 2015, 3:47 am

Originally Posted by Kubi
I would suggest that many of us should send E-Mails to the General Manager of IC Festival City and complain.

I will only return to this Hotel if I will get a "normal" Service for Dubai.
I got back from a stay last week and was indeed a underwhelmed with the lounge compared to the standards of the rest of the hotel - especially the evening "spread". It's not worth the money - but it's not a horrible product either, breakfast was decent - service was excellent, drinks were good - it's mainly the evening food which was seriously lacking.

I agree with you and other posters that it's not an amazing product at all, but I just want to balance the negative recent posts out a little that it wasn't a horrible product either. I think more effective than e-mailing hotel management is just to vote with your wallet - which will be an easier choice soon as there will be a second IC choice in Dubai.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 12:02 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond Select, BA Blue
Originally Posted by johhenrik
There is only one IC in Dubai, which is in DFC. There is a second one being built, in Dubai Marina. It will open in June if I recall correctly.

Edit: I realise there might be considered 2 ICs, since there is the IC Residence Suites at DFC too. I always count them as one though, since they are at the same spot basically.
Yeah, the IC Residence Suites always has redemption nights available. However, I think it's more of an apartment block rather than a proper hotel.

I spent an hour putting in random dates for the IC Festival City to see if any redemption nights were available and none showed up. I'm sure they are supposed to make available some redemption rooms?
Old Mar 31, 2015, 12:21 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Programs: We love to Fly, Hotels and Discovery
Yeah, the IC Residence Suites always has redemption nights available. However, I think it's more of an apartment block rather than a proper hotel.

I spent an hour putting in random dates for the IC Festival City to see if any redemption nights were available and none showed up. I'm sure they are supposed to make available some redemption rooms?
Our review here on FT, IC Residence Suites Dubai Festival City:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...dubai-uae.html
We stayed there for 1 night in September 2014, incl. several of our photos

Last edited by uggboy; Mar 31, 2015 at 12:38 pm
Old Apr 1, 2015, 5:11 am

Programs: IHG
Does anyone know whether booking club room for 3 people, and paying 200 AED per night extra person charge, also gives lounge access to that 3rd person?
Old Apr 1, 2015, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by uggboy
Our review here on FT, IC Residence Suites Dubai Festival City:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...dubai-uae.html
We stayed there for 1 night in September 2014, incl. several of our photos
Many thanks! Are the rooms cleaned daily?
Old Apr 1, 2015, 11:12 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Programs: We love to Fly, Hotels and Discovery
Many thanks! Are the rooms cleaned daily?
Glad you liked our review.

I would think so, but I'm not 100% sure as we stayed for only 1 night so far. We had a good stay and we liked the IC Residence Suites, btw. they offer a shuttle between the IC Residence Suites and the IC Festival City, it goes frequently and often between the two. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.