Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Dubai Festival City (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2014, 5:24 am

Programs: Royal Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold
I vote for a rental car in the UAE. Driving is so much fun there. You can stop whereever You want and make a Dertour to Palm Island for examble or visit Yas and Sadiaayt Island Close to Abu Dhabi.

I also find driving now relatively safe. 10 years ago driving was often without rules. But Police controls and cameras have changed the Situation completely.

By the way, driving in Qatar is still like it was in Dubai 10 years ago. I have been in Doha this spring and there I preferred Taxis. But not in the UAE.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 4:41 pm

Programs: HH, PC, SPG, MR, GP, US, UA, AA
Thank you for all your replies, still debating but leaning towards taxi now. One more question: does the hotel honor RA benefits on award stay? TIA.

ETA: emailed the hotel and got the following reply:

We would like to inform you that benefits of Royal Ambassador will apply with the exception of upgrades, free Pay TV film per stay, 24 hour guaranteed room availability, 8:00am early check-in and complimentary mini-bar beverages if you will stay using your points (Reward Nights).

Last edited by rdchen; Oct 29, 2014 at 3:38 pm
Old Nov 4, 2014, 10:39 am

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Originally Posted by Raffles
This is Wild West driving territory. The roads may look like US roads but the drivers are generally crazy. This is possibly the worst saving of $30 you will ever make.

I rented a car last time I was there and had no problem. If you can drive in any major city then you can drive in Dubai.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 10:52 am

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Just to note I rented a car again last week and drove in both Dubai and Abu Dhabi, no issues whatsoever. If some of you think this is Wild West territory driving then you must be used to driving on old country roads with no traffic.

Last edited by whimike; Dec 9, 2014 at 11:54 pm
Old Dec 9, 2014, 9:45 pm

Programs: IHG Plat Amb, Accor Plat, Hilton HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, GHA Black
am a plat amb staying in Feb 15, booked a club intercon room, any plat amb to share their upgrade experiences at this property? Thanks in adv!
Old Dec 22, 2014, 7:04 pm

Programs: QF Emerald EY Plat HH D
so I am reading that RA does not get auto club is that correct ?
so need to book club and then get suite?
therefore my next question
if using intothenights awards do they upgrade?
Old Dec 23, 2014, 1:08 am

Programs: LH HON, PC RA
As RA they let you chose whether you want club or upgrade on paid stays.

On award stays I don't know.
Old Dec 23, 2014, 1:28 am

Programs: LH HON, PC RA
As RA you get to chose whether you want the upgrade or lounge access. It pays off to call in advance to tell them what you opt for.

Club guests get the airport transfers for free.
And the lounge is Great!
Old Feb 6, 2015, 6:45 pm

Dubai Festival City IC club lounge outrage

I just read a review on TripAdvisor for the Dubai Festival City Intercontinental Club Lounge. According to the review, as of February 1, the hotel has stopped hot food offerings in the lounge and have replaced it with menus from the hotel restaurants to purchase food to be eaten in the club lounge.

Say it isn't true. If so, this 5-star hotel has lost a couple stars and I will cancel my reservations.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev..._of_Dubai.html
Old Feb 7, 2015, 2:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I don't believe a thing I read on Tripadvisor. If I were you and had a reservation coming up, I would ring up the Club room direct and ask.
Old Feb 8, 2015, 3:01 am

Just stayed here. Was not around in the evening but did check with the club staff in the morning and they confirmed that they continue to offer food in the evening. The menus are put out outside of the refreshment service times (breakfast 6.30 to 11, high tea 2 to 6 and evening drinks and canapé service 6 to 9)
Old Feb 8, 2015, 3:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by Banie
Just stayed here. Was not around in the evening but did check with the club staff in the morning and they confirmed that they continue to offer food in the evening. The menus are put out outside of the refreshment service times (breakfast 6.30 to 11, high tea 2 to 6 and evening drinks and canapé service 6 to 9)
That is a good idea.
Sometimes getting back late and need to work and dine at the same time it is a great alternative to having food in your room.
Most of the IC Club will let you do this as an unadvertised perk.
Old Feb 8, 2015, 8:07 am

I just spoke to the hotel and they did confirm that as of Feb 1, they are reducing the quality and number of offerings in the Club Lounge. The trip advisor post was correct.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 1:28 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM , IHG Plat, MR Titanium, HH Gold, EK Frequent Kettle, UA Silver, AA Hater
I stopped staying there due to inconsistent admittance into the lounge. As a Plat I really don't see any recognition so why bother.

I stay at the CP next door (no lounge) and save some money. The Belgium Beer Cafe is great.

I actually prefer the breakfast buffet at the CP over the IC.
Old Feb 10, 2015, 4:07 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
Originally Posted by Oceanbound222
Say it isn't true. If so, this 5-star hotel has lost a couple stars and I will cancel my reservations.
Originally Posted by Oceanbound222
I just spoke to the hotel and they did confirm that as of Feb 1, they are reducing the quality and number of offerings in the Club Lounge. The trip advisor post was correct.
So, which hotel will you be switching to, now that you are cancelling ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.