Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Dubai Festival City (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2013, 7:45 pm

Programs: IHG Ambassador, Air NZ lowly Jade now, Emirates
does anyone kow how much they charge here for club access for 2 people sharing a room?
update: meant to say staying here next year and will only be ambassador. will do bogo in a club room for 2 nights and then just drop down to a exec king creek view, so maybe we will keep whatever room we get given but have to play for club access so wondering hhow much that is

Last edited by Susiew237; Dec 7, 2013 at 7:47 pm Reason: update
Old Dec 8, 2013, 9:57 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Susiew237
does anyone kow how much they charge here for club access for 2 people sharing a room?
update: meant to say staying here next year and will only be ambassador. will do bogo in a club room for 2 nights and then just drop down to a exec king creek view, so maybe we will keep whatever room we get given but have to play for club access so wondering hhow much that is
id like to know this too. i have a bogo stay end of feb and points stays either side of that.
Old Jan 5, 2014, 10:00 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Geoggy
id like to know this too. i have a bogo stay end of feb and points stays either side of that.
anyone?
Old Jan 5, 2014, 2:35 pm

Programs: DL PM - IC RA - HHonors Gold - Hertz Gold - AA - US - CO - Choice Privileges
4 nights in Dubai in March. HI Downtown @ 15,000 points first and last night, IC Dubai Festival City BOGO Club Room 2nd & 3rd night. As noted, short stays are more likely to be upgraded. And the 50,000 IC Dubai Festival City vs 15,000 HI Downtown! $220 room for 15,000 points is good value.

On second thought... the 4th night at the IC Dubai Festival City is a Chase Free Night so a very good value. Same question, will room and club be extended to Chase Free Night? So nice award stays can be cancelled!

Last edited by view-with-a-room; Jan 5, 2014 at 5:22 pm
Old Jan 26, 2014, 3:11 am

Hi all,

I'm thinking of booking 1 night at the IC Dubai FC in April. I'm IHG Platinum but accordingly to most posts, I shouldn't expect much goodies?

Actually I would need some of the Club Floor benefits (airport pick-up, late check-out) so perhaps it's better to take no chances and book a Club Room upfront? I will be staying on a Wednesday night and will be checking in at 3 AM (on Thursday) due to a late flight.

Any thoughts about that?
Old Jul 28, 2014, 9:43 pm

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Just checked in. Received an "Executive Room". No Club, no welcome gift, told I had a duplicate reservation and must have clicked twice - strange as I only have one confirmation email. Doing me a favour by speaking to manager to see about getting it waived.

My own fault for being a late booking and not using Ambassador check in.

Not impressed so far really.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 11:32 am

Programs: HH, PC, SPG, MR, GP, US, UA, AA
Does anyone know whether the hotel has self-parking w/in and out privileges? Thanks.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 2:47 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK*Elite+, EBD, FBG, EKS, IHG Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by rdchen
Does anyone know whether the hotel has self-parking w/in and out privileges? Thanks.
Who rents a car in Dubai? Jokes aside, I have no idea I realize. I stay there alot every year and have never parked a car.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Why do you think you will have a car? Intrigued!
Old Oct 14, 2014, 9:25 pm

Programs: HH, PC, SPG, MR, GP, US, UA, AA
I'm planning to drive from abu dhabi to dubai, maybe I should rent from Hertz as they have a counter at IC Dubai so I can return the car once I get there.

Originally Posted by Raffles
Why do you think you will have a car? Intrigued!
Old Oct 20, 2014, 11:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP IC RA Marriott Plat
Yes, you can self park. But why bother, the valet is no charge. And the taxi cost from the airport is only about 25 dirhams (less than USD 6) so don't hassle yourself with the rental car.

Oops, just notice that you're flying into AUH. If you're flying in on Etihad in Biz or First you'll get a free limo anywhere you want in the UAE. Other wise a taxi will cost about 300 dirhams, about USD 75.

Last edited by luckadoo; Oct 20, 2014 at 11:35 pm
Old Oct 21, 2014, 5:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm planning to drive from abu dhabi to dubai, maybe I should rent from Hertz as they have a counter at IC Dubai so I can return the car once I get there.
You're mad. This is a quick taxi ride which will cost very little. Do you have any idea how close they are?
Old Oct 21, 2014, 8:52 pm

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Originally Posted by Raffles
You're mad. This is a quick taxi ride which will cost very little. Do you have any idea how close they are?
I disagree. A taxi is about $80. You can rent a car for under $50, and you can have use of the car for 24 hours.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 2:50 am

Programs: SK*G, BA Gold, IHG Plat AMB
Originally Posted by whimike
I disagree. A taxi is about $80. You can rent a car for under $50, and you can have use of the car for 24 hours.
For the sake of upto $30 why go through the hassle of hiring a car? You have to collect and return it, refuel it and drive it. Each to their own I guess.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by whimike
This is Wild West driving territory. The roads may look like US roads but the drivers are generally crazy. This is possibly the worst saving of $30 you will ever make.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.