Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Residence Suites Dubai Festival City (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2010, 12:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: IC RA
IC Dubai Residence Suites

Has anybody any experiences of either staying here or actually booking it, I cannot see any availability for November or December (or for any other date in the year) for either a cash or points stay, any information would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
Old Jul 23, 2010, 1:04 am

Programs: BA GGL, VS Gold, BD Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, IC RA, Hilton Diamond, Eurostar Carte Blanche
I had never even heard of it before so had to go and look it up on the website. It seems to be in the same building/complex as the IC Dubai Festival City but with different amenities and services.

I have stayed at the IC Dubai Festival City hotel and highly recommend it, so I imagine the Residence Suites would be equally good if not better.
Old Jul 23, 2010, 1:53 am

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
Never stayed there. But, have looked at it a couple of times:
- Most of the time, there's a minimum stay requirement (3 to 14 nights when randomly entering dates)

- There are 3 room categories: 1, 2, and 3 bedroom suites.

- Rates are >1000 AED/night w/o breakfast

- It's a serviced suites (apartments) hotel with all its drawbacks and benefits; contacting the hotel will probably get you availability and cheaper rates.

Overall, for a short stay, it doesn't seem to be a good choice. No club, if there's an upgrade, you'll just get another bedroom (which you probably won't need), and it's more expensive than the IC.

Last edited by Chinatrvl; Jul 23, 2010 at 1:59 am
Old Apr 10, 2013, 9:59 pm

Programs: UA-lifetime Platinum (2MM), IHG-Amb, HH-Diamond, Hertz-PC, Marriott-Gold, CX-AM
Question No reports for IC Residence Suites Dubai FC?

Anyone stayed at IC Residence Suites Dubai FC recently? How was the RA treatment compared to the regular IC Dubai FC? I stayed at the regular IC Dubai FC numerous times but have never stayed at the IC Residence Suites. Honestly I don't even know where the front entrance is for the Residence Suites. I only noticed the front entrance of Crowne Plaza FC next door. Are IC Residence Suites and Regular IC in the same building?

Thanks for any input in advance.
Old Apr 10, 2013, 11:20 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, IHG Spire, HHonors Diamond, EK Gold
Haven't stayed so can't comment on services but live nearby and have walked past it when walking along the creek so can help on location.

It isn't actually attached to the InterCon / CP complex; the third tower there is offices. It is about 500m away along the creek towards Deira. If you are in the hotel and look towards the Creek Golf Club, the Suites is the first building you see (looks a bit like an unfurled scroll)- I believe the building is called Marsa Plaza. The building is a larger serviced apartment building and doesn't appear to be 100% operated by IC - I suspect it is classed as part of the InterCon largely so it can have a licensed bar.
Old Apr 14, 2013, 11:18 am

Programs: Iberia, BAEC GOLD/ Priority Club : ROYAL Amb / Miles and More: SEN
Thinking of getting there a week from 25/4
Old Apr 15, 2013, 12:27 pm

Programs: UA-lifetime Platinum (2MM), IHG-Amb, HH-Diamond, Hertz-PC, Marriott-Gold, CX-AM
Originally Posted by FinalCallDXB
Haven't stayed so can't comment on services but live nearby and have walked past it when walking along the creek so can help on location.

It isn't actually attached to the InterCon / CP complex; the third tower there is offices. It is about 500m away along the creek towards Deira. If you are in the hotel and look towards the Creek Golf Club, the Suites is the first building you see (looks a bit like an unfurled scroll)- I believe the building is called Marsa Plaza. The building is a larger serviced apartment building and doesn't appear to be 100% operated by IC - I suspect it is classed as part of the InterCon largely so it can have a licensed bar.
Thanks for the information! I think it's the isolated building surrounded by Toyota, Volvo, Honda and couple more car showrooms. It's definitely in the middle of nowhere and not even a walking distance to the Festival City mall. I'm glad I didn't choose to stay there. Here is the image of the building :

http://www.ihgdfc.com/icrs/home_in_dubai.php

Last edited by GordonGordon; Apr 15, 2013 at 12:35 pm
Old Apr 16, 2013, 1:37 am

Originally Posted by GordonGordon
Thanks for the information! I think it's the isolated building surrounded by Toyota, Volvo, Honda and couple more car showrooms. It's definitely in the middle of nowhere and not even a walking distance to the Festival City mall. I'm glad I didn't choose to stay there. Here is the image of the building :

http://www.ihgdfc.com/icrs/home_in_dubai.php
I saw on reviews on tripadvisor that the manager gave a feedback that now there was a walking path to the mall.
Old Apr 16, 2013, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by mgo72
I saw on reviews on tripadvisor that the manager gave a feedback that now there was a walking path to the mall.
I'm not gonna believe what the manager said. If the walking path is outdoor (most likely along the waterfront), then forget it! You will be totally melted before you get to the mall..lol.. If it's underground, that's not quite possible neither since the hotel is like at least 0.5 miles/1km from the mall. I don't think the hotel would spend so much money to build the underground path (with air condition maybe ?) just for couple of hotel guests without a car? I don't think so. Also I don't see any bridge/path being built between the mall and the IC Residence Suites. There are many roads and highway bridges (for automobile) cutting between the 2 points, so I don't understand how the path is going to be built.
Old Apr 16, 2013, 9:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP IC RA Marriott Plat
There is a very nice walking path right along the creek. I use it all of the time, even in the summer. But I'm used to the weather here.

They also have a shuttle service that you can use between the Residence Suites and the IC, CP, Mall and Al Badia Golf Course. If the shuttle is not already waiting at the lobby, just ask the concierge and it will be there in a few minutes.

They use Mercedes, Lexus and BMW sedans and a few nice minivans for the shuttle.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 5:05 am

Thanks luckadoo!!

Is it better than the iC Festival?
Old Apr 17, 2013, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by luckadoo
There is a very nice walking path right along the creek. I use it all of the time, even in the summer. But I'm used to the weather here.

They also have a shuttle service that you can use between the Residence Suites and the IC, CP, Mall and Al Badia Golf Course. If the shuttle is not already waiting at the lobby, just ask the concierge and it will be there in a few minutes.

They use Mercedes, Lexus and BMW sedans and a few nice minivans for the shuttle.
I believe it won't be a problem to go from the Residence Suites to the mall with hotel transportation, but what about return trip? Do you have to call the hotel to pick you up from the mall? I would not feel comfortable walking along the creek side underpassing the Business Bay Bridge at night although Dubai is pretty safe.
Old Apr 18, 2013, 10:04 am

The CP and IC are physically connected to the mall. Just walk back to the IC and catch the shuttle. You can do it all indoors if you're afraid of the heat!

And there's no problem walking at night or daytime. Nothing to fear, except that you may get a little accidental exercise.
Old Apr 18, 2013, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by mgo72
Thanks luckadoo!!

Is it better than the iC Festival?
It depends on your definition of better. if you want an apartment, with full kitchen, then yes.

If you're looking for a hotel room, then no.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 5:07 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Programs: We love to Fly, Hotels and Discovery
IC Residence Suites Dubai Festival City (Master Thread)

September 2014, 1 night

After long consideration we decided to relax after our flight from Dublin to Dubai at the InterContinental Residence Suites Dubai Festival City for one night.

Arriving very early in the morning we took a Lexus limousine, instead of a regular taxi to the hotel.

There was a bit of confusion, because there is also the InterContinental Hotel Festival City, but the Residence Suites are at a slightly different location and building. It might be best to tell the taxi driver to go to Marsa Plaza, where the suites are located.

We paid 62 AED (ca. 13.05 Euro or 16.90 USD).

Beside the InterContinental Residences, the Marsa Plaza also contains long stay apartments.

The location was ideal for us. The InterContinental Hotel and Crowne Plaza Festival City were just fifteen minutes walk away along the New Creek. From there it was only a stone throw to Festival City Shopping Mall.

The Residence's entrace was relatively small, compared to the seize of the building. The lobby was also small, but filled with daylight through high ceilings and offered contemporary design and had Sakura artwork. The reception and concierge were to the left. There was also a hallway leading to the prayer rooms, ATM and rest rooms.

To the right was the Cafe Deli and Mezza Luna Italian restaurant.

We didn't expect our room would be ready. We had sent an email to the hotel to advise them we would arrive at around 08.00 hours.

The receptionists were very friendly and asked us to take a seat in the lounge area while they checked if a room was available for us soon.

After waiting for about half an hour we could check in and were pleasantly surprised. A late check out at 14.00 hours was granted without problems either. We had booked the Weekend Rate, which included late check out until 4 PM and breakfast. The over night rate for a room or a Studio Suite was the same, so we booked the studio.

Our One bed Studio Suite was located on a higher floor as requested. We had views over the airport, two mosques and towards Sharjah.

The room was large and had a kitchen, large kingsized bed, a dining table, three chairs, a 50 in flat screen TV (with 196 channels), a shelf, small wardrobe and an unfurnished balcony.

The kitchen was marble tiled and had everything expect a microwave and tea towels. According to the manual on the shelf we should have had a microwave. Since we didn't intend to use it, it wasn't a problem.

The fridge wasn't stocked, beside several bottles of water and the residences are dry.

The TV channels were more than enough and should offer for every taste something.

The chairs and bed were all comfortable and the living/sleeping area carpeted with palm prints.
Overall the room had a homey feel as was to be expected since it was in a residence and was contemporary. The color scheme was inspired by the dessert.

On the shelf was a Time Out Dubai magazine, a directory, a form to join the InterContinental's Ambassador program, the spa menu of the InterContinental Hotel Festival City (massages start from 415 AED - that's about 87.35 Euro or 113 USD. A free shuttle bus to the sister hotel runs every ten minutes.) and the in room dining menu.

The bath room was large with a bath tub shower combination, marble tiles, granite, Toto toilet, bidet and a sink.

Bath room amenities were by Agraria.

The bath tub was a bit difficult to climb in and out. When using the shower the room turned into a steam room and at first we managed to flood the floor, because the protective glass divider wasn't water tight. After changing the dirctions of the spa shower head it was better.

Before napping we had in room breakfast. When I ordered Eggs Benedict I was offered to have smoked salmon instead of ham at no extra charge, since I love smoked salmon it was a done deal. Beside the Eggs Royal we ordered one hot chocolate, one large bottle of still water, one carrot juice, one water melon juice and one portion of pancakes with vanilla cream and fresh fruits. It was all delicious and the carrot juice smooth. The bill was 160 AED (ca. 33.70 Euro or ca. 43.60 USD).

After our nap we went exploring the hotel and the surrounding area.

On the 17th floor were the fitness center, jacuzzis and swimming pool and the pool bar located. The pool is clean cut, interesting lighted and has stunning views over Dubai. We could clearly see the Palazzo Versace across the creek.

We had dinner and breakfast at Mezza Luna.

The staff was efficient, knowledgeable and warm. They were always ready to offer help and services or if we wanted to, have a chat. They seemed genuinely interested in us.

Time went by quick and before we knew it was time to move to our second hotel in Dubai - the Holiday Inn Bur Dubai - Embassy District.

Would we return? Definitely. The location is perfect - very near to the airport and Festival City Shopping Center -, the staff attentive and friendly, the room feels like a home and is comfortable and the cuisine outstanding.

Would we recommend this hotel to a friend? YES! ^
Would we stay again at this hotel in the future? YES! ^

Here's a selection of our images we took while staying at the InterContinental Residence Suites Dubai Festival City, Dubai, UAE, September 2014:

|| THE INTERCONTINENTAL RESIDENCE SUITES DUBAI FESTIVAL CITY || Dubai || United Arab Emirates || September 2014 || We enjoyed our 1 Bedroom Studio, Dinner & Breakfast at Mezza Luna || Highly recommended || DUB-FRA-MUC-DXB-MUC-DUB : SEPTEMBER 2014 || by || UggBoy♥UggGirl || PHOTO || WORLD || TRAVEL ||, on Flickr
|| THE INTERCONTINENTAL RESIDENCE SUITES DUBAI FESTIVAL CITY || Dubai || United Arab Emirates || September 2014 || We enjoyed our 1 Bedroom Studio, Dinner & Breakfast at Mezza Luna || Highly recommended || DUB-FRA-MUC-DXB-MUC-DUB : SEPTEMBER 2014 || by || UggBoy♥UggGirl || PHOTO || WORLD || TRAVEL ||, on Flickr

Thank you and safe travels.
kitbag1984 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.