Community
Wiki Posts
Search

InterContinental Bangkok Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2018, 3:45 pm

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
I am an Ambassador and considering a stay here on points.

Do the hotel provide free breakfast / club access to Ambassador? ( I am not expecting it).

What is the upsell to club level?
Old Jun 28, 2018, 4:00 pm

Programs: Infinity Milage Lands Gold,Star Alliance Gold, IHG Diamond RA, Kimpton Inner Circle
Originally Posted by navatwal

Do the hotel provide free breakfast / club access to Ambassador? ( I am not expecting it).

They stopped upgrading Ambassador to club last year if I remember correctly and I think i was offered access for 2000thb but that was more than a year ago now.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 4:03 pm

They will offer upsell, but it will not be complimentary on a pure award stay.

I suggest contacting the club management team, who are outstanding by the way, and asking for an upsell offer. If you confirm it in advance you can go straight up to the 37th floor to check in, and it may improve your room allocation. Or, just ask at check in to see what they offer you.

And I would never again even think about going without club access. I mean, the rooms and suites are essentially the same, but having experienced their superb club level service I can say it’s absolutely worth it. The standard service is very good as well, but club level is highly personalized.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 7:35 pm

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Thanks for the info, I will ping the hotel
Old Jun 29, 2018, 8:14 am

Hotel offered a price of 1700 THB for upgrade to Club.

I have no problem with the price, my question is what makes this lounge so special?

I remember when my brother stayed here as an RA, the minibar had complimentary full sized bottles of liquor, that was unique!
Old Jun 29, 2018, 9:50 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold

I have no problem with the price, my question is what makes this lounge so special?

I remember when my brother stayed here as an RA, the minibar had complimentary full sized bottles of liquor, that was unique!
gbp40 (1700thb) night for 2ppn is good value. In a 5* hotel 2x evening drinks each would cost that. Then you get breakfast, a nice afternoon tea offereing and evening food (not enough to replace a propper dinner)

The staff at IC are excellent, the experience is very good.

In Thailand hotels can not source the 5cl spirit minatures. hence the 1/4 (20cl) spirit bottles in minibars. Not just at IC Bangkok but the other IC's too (and other hotel chains too)
Old Jun 29, 2018, 9:55 am

Absolutely don’t even hesitate. Take the upsell. It’s the best club level in Bangkok and honestly closer to the level of Ritz-Carlton Tokyo’s club level service. The food and beverage alone makes it a good deal, but even more importantly you are getting the hotel’s highest level of personalised service as a club guest. I will never again stay without it, and that’s true even if I do not have time to use the lounge a lot.
Kalboz likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2018, 2:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK

The club is nice enough, but it wears thin after a couple of days. The Pattaya IC knocks it for six.

When travelling alone I appreciate not having to find somewhere to eat in the evenings, though I'm not sure I'd want to pay £50 for that convenience. Otherwise, when accompanied, I'd far prefer to get out into Bangkok the evening.

There again, I'm arguing from the position of a blasé RA who doesn't have to make such decisions
Old Jun 30, 2018, 4:49 am

Programs: Infinity Milage Lands Gold,Star Alliance Gold, IHG Diamond RA, Kimpton Inner Circle
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
The club is nice enough, but it wears thin after a couple of days. The Pattaya IC knocks it for six.

When travelling alone I appreciate not having to find somewhere to eat in the evenings, though I'm not sure I'd want to pay £50 for that convenience. Otherwise, when accompanied, I'd far prefer to get out into Bangkok the evening.

There again, I'm arguing from the position of a blasé RA who doesn't have to make such decisions
That's interesting how people's opinion's differ, I would reverse Bangkok and Pattaya, when I stayed last November I enjoyed the club in Pattaya but did not find it as polished as Bangkok although Pattaya win's on the Whisky Sour front I just liked the whole package a bit more in Bangkok.
Old Jun 30, 2018, 5:05 am

I have to say that's a pretty good offer, I think for me its the staff that ultimately make the club so good they really put the effort in to give each guest a personalised service. The happy hour drinks menu has a decent choice on offer and as they have a bartender they will make cocktails that are not listed on the menu if they have what's needed there is also a pretty good buffet spread and the hot canapes are generally pretty tasty and if you are there on the right days they quite often have a live station with whole roast beef or crepe suzette I have also seen som tum in there and salmon en croute.

Breakfast is pretty solid as well I have never had a bad poached egg yet there and steak for breakfast is a nice treat as well.
Old Jun 30, 2018, 5:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by shoven
That's interesting how people's opinion's differ...
The power of subjectivity!

My view is perhaps coloured by two things:

I've only stayed at IC Pattaya off-season, when there were no more than a handful of guests in the lounge vs Bangkok club lounge, which can seem mobbed at times.

They are two very diferent properties: one a resort well furnished for a quality stay in delightful (upgrade) rooms with superb pools, the other a more business-focussed hotel with pretty much standard, perfectly nice but unremarkable rooms for its stars.

Both have the pretty much the same rules-based formulaic approach to hospitality management (much loved by at least one of our FT colleagues ), but one which I find grates just a little..
Old Jun 30, 2018, 6:08 am

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
The power of subjectivity!

My view is perhaps coloured by two things:

I've only stayed at IC Pattaya off-season, when there were no more than a handful of guests in the lounge vs Bangkok club lounge, which can seem mobbed at times.

They are two very diferent properties: one a resort well furnished for a quality stay in delightful (upgrade) rooms with superb pools, the other a more business-focussed hotel with pretty much standard, perfectly nice but unremarkable rooms for its stars.

Both have the pretty much the same rules-based formulaic approach to hospitality management (much loved by at least one of our FT colleagues ), but one which I find grates just a little..
I have to agree they are very different properties and for sure the club rooms in Pattaya knock it out the park for me, love the style and colour scheme very relaxing.
Old Jun 30, 2018, 10:33 am

How is the Pool area at this property? Do they have a Hot tub / Jacuzzi?

Also does the hotel have a a decent SPA and Steam Room facilities?
Old Jun 30, 2018, 10:52 am

How is the Pool area at this property? Do they have a Hot tub / Jacuzzi?

Also does the hotel have a a decent SPA and Steam Room facilities?
It’s a very pleasant rooftop swimming pool on the 37th floor. They have all the facilities you mention within the swimming pool, spa, and fitness areas on the top floors.
Old Jun 30, 2018, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo

It’s a very pleasant rooftop swimming pool on the 37th floor. They have all the facilities you mention within the swimming pool, spa, and fitness areas on the top floors.

perhaps i missed something, but isn't it a tiny pool they have up there?

Pleasant, maybe: but very small.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.