Community
Wiki Posts
Search

InterContinental Bangkok Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2008, 7:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
I sent the hotel IC an email and am awaiting their response re: special rates during renovations.
Old Sep 22, 2008, 9:23 pm
formerly gemini573

Programs: CX Emerald, WOH Globalist, Marriott Platinum, AA Lifetime Platinum, Virtuoso, Prive, STEPS, STARS
The rate I received for this coming Friday was THB 4900. I think it's about 1000 cheaper than what they normally charge.
Old Sep 22, 2008, 11:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
I called the concierge last night and was informed that I might have to put up with the renovations that are now going on in the Lobby, Swimming Pool and the Sauna/Steam Room areas. Now do hotels undergoing such renovations give a reduced or special rates?
If I can recall right the renovation of the lobby and fitness center is suppose to be completed by 18th of December.

The renovation of the lobby started on 25th of August when I happened to be there.
Old Sep 23, 2008, 6:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Dear Mr.Djjaguar64

Sawasdee krub. I am glad to hear that you will return to Bangkok in December. Please be informed that by the end of November we expect to operate our pool and health club as usual, also the main lobby phrase 1 will completely finish. So you will enjoy with our new lobby.

On the other hand we offering a very special for regular guest as follows;

- Grand Deluxe room with advance purchase rate is only THB 5,446++ ( 6,410 baht net) these rate is not inclusive of breakfast.

- Grand Deluxe room with Best flexible rate is only THB 5,968++ ( 7,025 baht net) these rare is inclusive of breakfast for 2 person.

As you are our Ambassador member you will get upgrade to Executive Grand Deluxe room with an additional benefit of free internet, free local call (landline), 2 pieces of laundry per stay and 15 % discount for extra laundry and business center usage charge.

If I can be your further assistance or should you need any further inquiry, please do not hesitate to contact me at your convenient.

I am look forward to welcoming you soon.

Have a nice evening

Best Regards,
XXXXX

This rate from the hotels website is still cheaper than what the hotel is quoting!
This is the rate from the hotels website:

Sun 21 Dec 2008 ฿4,880.00 THB
per night (1 room(s))
Mon 22 Dec 2008 - Tue 23 Dec 2008 ฿5,120.00 THB
per night (1 room(s))
Total Hotel Service Charges † ฿1,000.00 THB
Total Tax † ฿770.00 THB

Estimated Total Price †: ฿11,770.00 THB

Last edited by djjaguar64; Sep 23, 2008 at 7:00 am
Old Sep 23, 2008, 7:14 am

I was there about 2 weeks ago. Part of the Lobby closed, Check In m oved to the inside walkway to the HI.
Some noise, but only during the day in the Lobby. Nio noise in the room (high floor). But that likely depends on the kind of work they are doing that day.
The HI next door is good, but the IC is significantly better (especially as RA).

I remember that they had a little note on the bill about special rates during the renovations. - don't have it anymore, but similar or same to what was mentioned in the last post.
Old Sep 23, 2008, 2:36 pm

Programs: QF QP NB, PC Plat. Amb, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Please be informed that by the end of November we expect to operate our pool and health club as usual, also the main lobby phrase 1 will completely finish. So you will enjoy with our new lobby.
Happy to hear that's the case - I'll be back at the IC BKK in January so I'm glad the health club renovations will be finished. Always nice to enjoy the view from up there while having a bit of a workout. ^
Old Sep 24, 2008, 9:32 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by GibSpmuh
Happy to hear that's the case - I'll be back at the IC BKK in January so I'm glad the health club renovations will be finished. Always nice to enjoy the view from up there while having a bit of a workout. ^
Yah I hope thay manage it. I'll be there over Xmas. I have stayed many times at both the IC & HI and I find the refurbished rooms at the IC a good notch up from the HI . I pay 2,800++ THB at the HI for a standard room (no breakfast) and usually get a superior one as Plat but that's it. No lounge access or so. I prefer to cough up the extra 2,000 THB and stay at the IC where I get a nice Club experience for sure (as RA) and have an even nicer room and lots of goodies.

But I agree that the HI BKK is very good HI.
Old Sep 24, 2008, 10:16 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by demue
Yah I hope thay manage it. I'll be there over Xmas. I have stayed many times at both the IC & HI and I find the refurbished rooms at the IC a good notch up from the HI . I pay 2,800++ THB at the HI for a standard room (no breakfast) and usually get a superior one as Plat but that's it. No lounge access or so. I prefer to cough up the extra 2,000 THB and stay at the IC where I get a nice Club experience for sure (as RA) and have an even nicer room and lots of goodies.

But I agree that the HI BKK is very good HI.
We stayed at the HI BKK a few months ago. Although RA my wife didn't fancy a room on a higher IC floor -so HI it was.

We paid $155 usd per night including breakfast and club access and received an upgrade to a full suite. We had a look around in the restaurants in both the IC and HI and on balance thought the HI offerings was better for food. The HI has a wonderful buffet restaurant in the lower floor which has a different area for different cuisines. So for example in the Indian food area they had a tandoor with wonderful grilled food. When we were there they had a famous Indian chef there that produced some wonderful Indian food. It was a bit difficult raising the enthusiasm for leaving the hotel for food with such good options on site.
Old Oct 20, 2008, 10:11 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG GLD, PC PLT SPIRE
Best Thailand properties with children?

We are planning a trip to Thailand next summer and we have two young children. Which Thailand properties would you recommend, taking into account a kid friendly hotel & area, transportation & transfer concerns (we will be flying into Bangkok and would prefer not to have to transfer too many times with young kids), overall value/cost, availability of sightseeing, etc. There are 5 of us.

We are considering the Cha Am resort as it is very reasonable for reward points. How much is the cost to get from Bangkok to Cha-Am?

Thanks,

Onedog

Last edited by onedog; Oct 20, 2008 at 10:16 pm
Old Oct 21, 2008, 3:26 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
The Thai HI's have a sale on at present:

Planning your year-end getaway? Then take advantage of Holiday Inn’s Thailand 5-day Super Sale, only from 21 – 25 October 2008. These enormous savings are only applicable for bookings made during these 5 days but you can travel till 19 December 2008.

From the hotels centrally located in Bangkok city, to picturesque Chiangmai and resorts in popular beach destinations such as Phuket, Phi Phi Island and Cha-Am (near Hua Hin area), there’s a Holiday Inn for everyone. Shop, sightsee, eat or suntan, the options of having fun are plenty.

So book now and enjoy these special room rates. And don’t forget Kids Stay and Eat Free. Relax. It’s Holiday Inn.

Rates from
Holiday Inn Bangkok USD 92
Holiday Inn Silom Bangkok USD 70
Holiday Inn Resort Phuket USD 118
Holiday Inn Resort Phi Phi Island USD 79
Holiday Inn Resort Regent Beach Cha-Am USD 49
Holiday Inn Chiang Mai USD 35

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/...lot1-_-HI_5Day
Old Oct 21, 2008, 5:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Too bad does not cover my stay, Dec 21-23.
Old Oct 30, 2008, 2:32 am

Programs: LX SEN, BA Gfl/GGL, IC Dia, HH Dia, Hyatt LT GLOB
Does anybody know how long it usually takes till IC Bangkok responds to emails? Have sent them a message on Sunday regarding a reservation of mine and haven't heard back from them so far (used [email protected]); just got the automatic confirmation that the email was read. And it was by no means something extraordinary: just an email asking about the upgrade policy (booked a King Club Intercontinental Suite) and about the arrangement of the limousine transfer.

Should I forward my email to the ambassador desk or does someone have a direct contact at the IC BKK and is willing to share the contact details?

Any help is appreciated!
Old Oct 30, 2008, 8:10 am

Programs: EVA (Gold), BMI, BA, PC Plat/Royal Amb
Frequent_Flyer1
Does anybody know how long it usually takes till IC Bangkok responds to emails?
I have had two recent responses both well within 24 hours using that same email address.

I booked the same class of room yesterday and have been upgraded to an King Bed Club Intercontinental Suite. Did you book on-line and if so, have you checked your reservation? You might have been upgraded already.

They did give me a quote of 2,600 TB for a BMW 7 Series but probably won't use it. The normal taxi is only about 300 TB

Hope this helps
Old Oct 30, 2008, 9:07 am

Programs: LX SEN, BA Gfl/GGL, IC Dia, HH Dia, Hyatt LT GLOB
Originally Posted by solar
I have had two recent responses both well within 24 hours using that same email address.
Many thanks for your quick reply. Hearing from your experience, it seems then that my email got stuck somewhere within IC BKK. Well, I think I'll send it again with a quick note explaining this.

I booked the same class of room yesterday and have been upgraded to an King Bed Club Intercontinental Suite. Did you book on-line and if so, have you checked your reservation? You might have been upgraded already.
Yes, I did book online and I did check my reservation. However, nothing has changed so far. But I think there is a little misunderstanding. I can't be upgraded to a King Bed Intercontinental Suite as this is exactly what I booked in the first place...

They did give me a quote of 2,600 TB for a BMW 7 Series but probably won't use it. The normal taxi is only about 300 TB
Thanks for the rate. Does this include being met at the gate and ushered through immigration?
Old Oct 30, 2008, 10:19 am

Programs: UA 1P 1MM
Originally Posted by Frequent_Flyer1

Thanks for the rate. Does this include being met at the gate and ushered through immigration?
Yes!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.