Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Berlin Master Thread - after January 01, 2015

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2016, 1:09 am

Programs: KLM Gold/MS Elite/LH FTL/HH Gold/Accor PLAT/IHG Plat Ambassador/CC Gold
They are also offering club deluxe room now for bookings.
As Platinum Ambassador can I hope for Club suite on the club floor? Will it be a propper suite?
We are celebrating my partners 35 th birthday there in April.
I really dont like the junior suites
Old Feb 26, 2016, 1:33 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by 24Yukon24
As Platinum Ambassador can I hope for Club suite on the club floor? Will it be a propper suite?
Not that likely unless sold out hotel forces hotel to give away foc upgrades. Even RA's don't get the Club Suites

Ambassador t+c block of rooms excluded from upgrade by various hotels includes the exclusion line line

http://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/glob...-tc#ambassador

o InterContinental Berlin: All Club Suites & Presidential Suite.
Old Feb 26, 2016, 4:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by 24Yukon24
Club Suites are excluded from the general upgrade list based on the GTC. I would assume you get a Club Junior Suite (not offered online) when booking a Club Deluxe.
Old Mar 24, 2016, 4:01 am

Programs: Diamond Inner Circle Royal Ambassador
I have a quick booking question for the IC in Berlin (although would apply to anywhere).

6 of us are travelling in October this year, my immediately family of 5 plus my partner's sister.

We need two rooms, one as a king for 2 adults and 1 child and a twin for 1 adult and 2 children.

I know that I can only accrue points on one room but am I ok to make two separate bookings on my IHG account - one for a king room and one for a twin? I am a Plat Ambassador so would also presume my benefits would apply to my room but how would they decide which is which?! Sorry for all the questions!
Old Mar 24, 2016, 5:51 am

Originally Posted by Smythmeister
I have a quick booking question for the IC in Berlin (although would apply to anywhere).

6 of us are travelling in October this year, my immediately family of 5 plus my partner's sister.

We need two rooms, one as a king for 2 adults and 1 child and a twin for 1 adult and 2 children.

I know that I can only accrue points on one room but am I ok to make two separate bookings on my IHG account - one for a king room and one for a twin? I am a Plat Ambassador so would also presume my benefits would apply to my room but how would they decide which is which?! Sorry for all the questions!
As an RA I occasionally book two rooms at the same hotel. Points and benefits only for one of the two rooms. It seems random which room they select for the benefits. I would email the hotel beforehand, tell them the two reservation numbers and in which room you will be staying.
If you get lucky (rarely) they will extend benefits for both rooms.
Old May 27, 2016, 5:05 am

Does anyone have recent feedback on the club lounge and/or the cost to buy at check-in for a bog-standard gold AMB? I'm not so fussed about the room for a 2-night weekend stay, and the difference between a standard and club is EUR70, whilst I can get 5k bonus points and free breakfast for EUR50.
Old May 27, 2016, 5:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by SwissBritMiss
Does anyone have recent feedback on the club lounge and/or the cost to buy at check-in for a bog-standard gold AMB? I'm not so fussed about the room for a 2-night weekend stay, and the difference between a standard and club is EUR70, whilst I can get 5k bonus points and free breakfast for EUR50.
I think Club gets you entry to the spa complex, so if that's of importance to you it's another push towards the upgrade.

The lounge itself is nice enough, I think not quite as generous as it used to be, and a bit spartan looking: but if you enjoy hotel breakfasts and intend to eat in the hotel rather than go out for dinner, maybe it will work for you.

For two it's probably good value - though Berlin offers lots of eating-out opportunities.
Old May 28, 2016, 4:04 am

It is also the bennies that Lounge Access upsell confer that may be of value
1. Free Business High Speed Internet (instead of the usual given foc Normal Speed Internet)
2. Free minibar in room (water, sodas, juices, beers, wine, 5 mini spirits)
3. Option to breakfast in restaurant instead of lounge (usually 30euro plus per guest)

Purchasing Club may affect room you are allocated, as with club room access you usually get room in tower at lounge end of hotel.

I believe IC Berlin still offers 3-rates lounge upsell for a)RA b)ambassador c)all others ; sorry I don't know the 2016 rates.

Someone with more recent IC-Berlin stay may also confirm if same weekend Lounge practise is still followed, ie, lesser (poorer) evening lounge food offering at weekends compared with weekdays ?
Old May 28, 2016, 5:21 am

Programs: FB Platinum PA; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by scubaccr
It is also the bennies that Lounge Access upsell confer that may be of value
1. Free Business High Speed Internet (instead of the usual given foc Normal Speed Internet)
2. Free minibar in room (water, sodas, juices, beers, wine, 5 mini spirits)
3. Option to breakfast in restaurant instead of lounge (usually 30euro plus per guest)

Purchasing Club may affect room you are allocated, as with club room access you usually get room in tower at lounge end of hotel.

I believe IC Berlin still offers 3-rates lounge upsell for a)RA b)ambassador c)all others ; sorry I don't know the 2016 rates.

Someone with more recent IC-Berlin stay may also confirm if same weekend Lounge practise is still followed, ie, lesser (poorer) evening lounge food offering at weekends compared with weekdays ?
I stayed there in February and can confirm the weekend offering in the lounge is still in place.
Old May 30, 2016, 10:34 am

IAN-UK - thanks for the info about the spa, I hadn't noted that ^

scubaccr - thank you. Do you mean you recommend purchasing club at the reception desk?

Carel1 - thank you.
Old May 30, 2016, 6:20 pm

IAN-UK - thanks for the info about the spa, I hadn't noted that ^

scubaccr - thank you. Do you mean you recommend purchasing club at the reception desk?

Carel1 - thank you.

If not RA purchasing lounge when making reservation for room is fine rate wise, no saving to lounge upsell seperately at checkin. Buying club with room upfront means your club room get allocated pre-checkin at lounge end tower which you will probably prefer.

As RA buying club at checkin is the rate effectve way for me due to hotels different and better RA discounted price Lounge upsell , plus on longer stay I selectively excluded lounge access on weekend days when evening hot food offering was reduced.

To checkin at Lounge (right hand elevator bank as you enter hotel) you'll need to ask front doorman to walk with you to elevator and activate the lift sensor so you can get to lounge to checkin if you either buy club with booking or will buy club during checkin.
Doorman will take luggage and give you a chit at the same time and then staff bring to room post checkin.

Lounge checkin/checkout is only for guests with Lounge (ie not for RA/Amb without club-lounge access). I find lounge checkin easier and more pleasant.

Last edited by scubaccr; May 30, 2016 at 6:27 pm
Old May 31, 2016, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by scubaccr
If not RA purchasing lounge when making reservation for room is fine rate wise, no saving to lounge upsell seperately at checkin. Buying club with room upfront means your club room get allocated pre-checkin at lounge end tower which you will probably prefer.

As RA buying club at checkin is the rate effectve way for me due to hotels different and better RA discounted price Lounge upsell , plus on longer stay I selectively excluded lounge access on weekend days when evening hot food offering was reduced.

To checkin at Lounge (right hand elevator bank as you enter hotel) you'll need to ask front doorman to walk with you to elevator and activate the lift sensor so you can get to lounge to checkin if you either buy club with booking or will buy club during checkin.
Doorman will take luggage and give you a chit at the same time and then staff bring to room post checkin.

Lounge checkin/checkout is only for guests with Lounge (ie not for RA/Amb without club-lounge access). I find lounge checkin easier and more pleasant.
Are you aware that they changed the policy for RA recently? (I guess since 1.1.2016). You can now choose between the standard upgrade Classic->Junior Suite OR if you prefer you can have Club Access as benefit. They will give you some room in Club district so this is a pretty nice option if you don't need the suite. (Last time i received a Club Deluxe Room)
Old May 31, 2016, 10:13 pm

Originally Posted by Valim
Are you aware that they changed the policy for RA recently? (I guess since 1.1.2016). You can now choose between the standard upgrade Classic->Junior Suite OR if you prefer you can have Club Access as benefit. They will give you some room in Club district so this is a pretty nice option if you don't need the suite. (Last time i received a Club Deluxe Room)
Cheaper for me to book standard room on corp rate for J/suite upgrade or a J/suite for Full-Suite upgrade and use RA rate lounge upsell.
Plus I don't upsell to lounge on Sat+Sun due to lesser evening food offering, when I then use the saved upsell for inroom dining.

Guess it is in my IC-Berlin profile I always take a j/suite or full/suite in far tower, as easier to give me the better/preferred rooms as fewer RA/Amb guests in the non-lounge tower rooms, but if club-suites are now allowed to us (were excempt from upgrades) I could change my mind about that.

Will possibly stay 1night July, the Portuguese IC-Bangkok Lounge Manager moved to IC Berlin in March2016 to be the new Guest Relation Manager.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Valim
I did the lounge/suite switch some time back, and I guess it's just stuck in my profile. For me, when travelling alone, it's a no-brainer: but I recognise others get a kick out of suites.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 12:37 pm

Just noticed that the Business room descripton no longer including the club lounge access is this the recent change, or has it been a while?

I have not paid attention to the room descirption recently, but just suddently noticed that there are now more room types bookable online, don't remember seeing Club Deluxe bookable before, and the club access is defintely not stated on the business room description anymore…

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.