Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Berlin Master Thread - after January 01, 2015

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2017, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
CLUB INTERCONTINENTAL SERVICES
Exclusive check in / out
Private concierge service
Breakfast buffet from 7am to 11am
Afternoon tea from 2 pm to 5 pm
Evening reception and bar service from 17.00 - 20.00 hours
Refreshments and coffee and tea specialties during the day
Mini bar included
International daily newspapers and magazines
Free internet access
Free meeting room for up to 8 people
Free access to the sauna and the relaxation area of ​​the SPA InterContinental
Free office station
Late check-out by availability

https://www.berlin.intercontinental....nental/english
Old Feb 10, 2017, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
How sick is this? Fake room categories

This hotel is getting more an more creative with inventing fake room categories. We currently see (not mentioning the expensive suites):

TWIN BED LOW FLOOR
SUPERIOR ROOM
SUPERIOR KING ROOM WITH PARK VIEW
DELUXE ROOM KING
DELUXE ROOM KING ON HIGH FLOOR WITH VIEW
JUNIOR SUITE
BUSINESS ROOM
KING BED CLUB SUPERIOR ROOM
CLUB SUPERIOR ROOM KING WITH PARK VIEW
CLUB DELUXE ROOM
CLUB DELUXE ROOM KING WITH VIEW
CLUB JUNIOR SUITE
2 ROOM SENIOR SUITE

The range between DELUXE and CLUB SUPERIOR ROOM KING WITH PARK VIEW sees a price difference of 60 EUR in less than 10 EUR steps. This is nothing but inventing fake room categories to avoid upgrades. For Monday I have booked DELUXE ROOM KING ON HIGH FLOOR WITH VIEW to receive a 2 ROOM SENIOR SUITE. What "view" do I get in the Berlin IC? Berlin Zoo? Skyline West? Siegessäule? Skyline East? Landwehrkanal? Budapester Straße?

If the RA upgrade from my books 42 sqm room on a high floor will result in a 30 sqm BUSINESS ROOM or a 30 sqm KING BED CLUB SUPERIOR ROOM they will have to deal with an "angry customer". I am really looking forward to this and will report.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 12:36 pm

Programs: IHG
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
This hotel is getting more an more creative with inventing fake room categories. We currently see (not mentioning the expensive suites):

TWIN BED LOW FLOOR
SUPERIOR ROOM
SUPERIOR KING ROOM WITH PARK VIEW
DELUXE ROOM KING
DELUXE ROOM KING ON HIGH FLOOR WITH VIEW
JUNIOR SUITE
BUSINESS ROOM
KING BED CLUB SUPERIOR ROOM
CLUB SUPERIOR ROOM KING WITH PARK VIEW
CLUB DELUXE ROOM
CLUB DELUXE ROOM KING WITH VIEW
CLUB JUNIOR SUITE
2 ROOM SENIOR SUITE

The range between DELUXE and CLUB SUPERIOR ROOM KING WITH PARK VIEW sees a price difference of 60 EUR in less than 10 EUR steps. This is nothing but inventing fake room categories to avoid upgrades. For Monday I have booked DELUXE ROOM KING ON HIGH FLOOR WITH VIEW to receive a 2 ROOM SENIOR SUITE. What "view" do I get in the Berlin IC? Berlin Zoo? Skyline West? Siegessäule? Skyline East? Landwehrkanal? Budapester Straße?

If the RA upgrade from my books 42 sqm room on a high floor will result in a 30 sqm BUSINESS ROOM or a 30 sqm KING BED CLUB SUPERIOR ROOM they will have to deal with an "angry customer". I am really looking forward to this and will report.
7, yes SEVEN categories in between Junior and Senior suite..! Incredible. I suppose that whoever was responsible for inventing these categories, they are very pleased with themselves. It is Pathetic.
Is this designed to "punish" RA's because they're now being offered complimentary lounge access?
Old Feb 10, 2017, 1:47 pm

There is no twin bed low floor, business room (generic room) or Club Deluxe with view.
You are upgraded as follows:

Superior -> superior with view -> Deluxe -> Deluxe with view -> Junior Suite -> Senior Suite

OR

Club superior -> Club superior with view -> Club Deluxe -> Club Junior Suite -> Club Senior Suite

This is confirmed by the management of the IC Berlin.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Cielito_
There is no twin bed los floor, business room (generic room) or Club Deluxe with view.
Of course there is. All available to book. Why are you writing fake news?

And regarding the upgrade..... I will see.... since 2000 i spend more then 1000 nights there, but this would really PO me.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 6:07 pm

Programs: IC Amb.,FB,Hertz,Sixt
Club Deluxe with view is not an available category !
As a regular guest there there I would be very surprised if they don't look after you, why do you feel so negative ?
There are also 2 room standard Eastwing Senior suites on the 7th floor that are not advertised but are part of Club floor inventory
Old Feb 10, 2017, 10:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Getting so hung up on room labels isn't helpful. It's a nice enough hotel, and they've always looked after me well. The only time I've taken a dislike to the room* they gave me they've changed it.

Although the lounge is a long way from being my favourite, it's handy to have access.

* one above the shops on Budapesterstr. Oh, and once a bizarre single room in the distant wing that was so single, so small, it was silly.
Old Feb 11, 2017, 2:16 am

Of course there is. All available to book. Why are you writing fake news?

And regarding the upgrade..... I will see.... since 2000 i spend more then 1000 nights there, but this would really PO me.
Twin bed low floor & Club Deluxe with view are not bookable. This is a FACT.
Business room is just a generic room type. The club floor manager said it is just the standard room. But it is not used as upgrade.
Old Feb 11, 2017, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Cielito_
Twin bed low floor & Club Deluxe with view are not bookable. This is a FACT.
Business room is just a generic room type. The club floor manager said it is just the standard room. But it is not used as upgrade.
Alternative facts? Like most of the facts presented in capital letters?

Twin bed low floor are rooms on floor two rarely available since they are primiarily used for group travel or airline crews. Pricewise below superior. Club deluxe with view appears every now and then. Sir, I know that hotel since the days it was the Berlin Hilton and I am there every week. And I have probably seen every room type if not every room. As easy as this.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 6:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

To report back after my stay: Upgrade worked well from "Deluxe with view" to "Senior Suite" without any discussion. Upgrade was however not visible online. Staff apologized at check-in for poor offerings in the Club and strange opening times (which I found strange vice versa). Some light at the end of the tunnel: From today on, the club opens for breakfast at 6.30 in the morning. They will stay on my list of preferred Berlin hotels.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 2:12 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
To report back after my stay: Upgrade worked well from "Deluxe with view" to "Senior Suite" without any discussion. Upgrade was however not visible online. Staff apologized at check-in for poor offerings in the Club and strange opening times (which I found strange vice versa). Some light at the end of the tunnel: From today on, the club opens for breakfast at 6.30 in the morning. They will stay on my list of preferred Berlin hotels.

prev bookings as a norm something like
1)superior room (corp) rate => 98++ / received Junior Suite far tower => 160++
2)Junior suite (corp) rate => 160++ / received Full suite far tower 312++
3)euro 50 lounge upsell as RA , but still far tower suites

OK I will bite and try booking Deluxe + View ... As need end of April Berlin night (possbly 2nights)
booking rate comes out to what I paid as Superior Room + 50euro lounge upsell fee before

bookable (sunday) rates
o Superior Room => Adv 098 / Adv YR 095 / Flex 115 / Flex YR 111 / Corp(flex) 098++
o Deluxe View High => Adv 141 / Adv YR 137 / Flex 165 / Flex YR 160 / Corp(flex) 141++
o Junior suite = Corp Flex 160++
(NB :-No point booking Deluxe as Deluxe-High-View is only 12Euro more, especially to jump Club JS to Club Senior Suiute on upgrade path)

Possible Upgrade Rates
o Club JS => Adv YR 295++
o Club senior Suite => Adv YR 511++

Since the Club senior Suite now opened up for upgrades, it seems to me this policy of counting view, meaning I now need book deluxe+view for a JS actually costs IC Berlin more, if one looks at hilited room rate differentials AND results in Full Suite when on a short sol stay a JS is fine, and even multinigh week stay fine as 2x separate rooms in JS at IC Berlin

a)Booked = DELUXE ROOM KING ON HIGH FLOOR WITH VIEW
b)corp rate = 141++
c)guess IC Berlin published RA upgrade plan is now one of Club senior suites priced at 511++ ? Go figure !

Note:- - booked the second day too , Deluxe-View 30++ euro more, club senior suite 90++ more maybe as Monday and first night was Sunday and normally less busy/pricey

Last edited by scubaccr; Feb 16, 2017 at 2:41 am
Old Feb 16, 2017, 2:39 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
As an aside, fya,

Thiago, the ex Lounge manager from IC Bangkok, for those that know/met Thiago, who moved to IC Berlin as "Guest Relations Manager" in March2016 has now moved on, again, leaving IHG

Informed by GM IC Pattaya a few days back, Thiago left IHG and moved to Accor in Scotland (I think Thiago's girlfriend may work in Scotland)
Old Feb 27, 2017, 9:50 am

Club is now included for RAs, but upgrade policy has changed to include view in the room categories. I have booked the cheapest room and was told ar check-in this time I get a junior suite again, but in future I need to book a Deluxe room to get upgraded to junior suite.[/QUOTE]

I see it as quite scammy to include view in the room categories. With few exception like IC Budapest. Would anyone actually pay 50 Euros extra for a view of park? (and heating and air conditioning units of hotel). Seems to me that it is simply a strategy to give a fake upgrade.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 10:34 am

Programs: IHG
It's very cynical. They're forced to give us club access, so to punish us, they invent the fake categories to prevent any meaningful upgrade.
​​​​​​​
Old Feb 27, 2017, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by turner32
It's very cynical. They're forced to give us club access, so to punish us, they invent the fake categories to prevent any meaningful upgrade.
​​​​​​​
Actually it's worse. The club is not the club it was. Until about one year ago I was happy to pay for club in Berlin, then it began with "I want a room downgrade, but club access!" beggars who blocked check-in for regular guests, and the staff did not move them to a bar table, and now we have a club which may be nice for RAs which need there booze between 6pm and 8pm, but is not longer a place for a light salad lunch and a quiet evening.
Even as a RA, I did not go to the club since beginning of this year. I wish, IHG does a rollback, let it decide each hotel, wether to grand club to RAs or not.

Fortunately with the restaurant moved to the former cigar lounge, IC Berlin has a good substitute for the lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.