Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Berlin Master Thread - after January 01, 2015

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2021, 3:50 am

Programs: LH SEN**, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by daruda
You get Points instead of the drink voucher?
is breakfast worth the €34 pp?
In October, I was asked if I want the welcome points or a drink voucher. Took the drink voucher and got an excellent Monkey47 G&T ... much better than 600 points.
SPBanker likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 2:54 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
We stayed here for two nights in December (before we moved to Berlin and with Platinum status at the time, no Ambassador), using credit card nights. We were upgraded to a Deluxe room and given a drinks voucher. Delightful.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 8:56 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by Viennafly
In October, I was asked if I want the welcome points or a drink voucher. Took the drink voucher and got an excellent Monkey47 G&T ... much better than 600 points.
Last weekend I took the drink voucher (times two). Got also the points.
Old May 1, 2022, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Review of my stay in April/May 2022
jongesander likes this.
Old May 2, 2022, 2:23 pm

Programs: IC Amb.,FB,Hertz,Sixt
I look forward to my next visit when the club lounge is open again and to seeing some familiar faces there , I know that sadly the last manager will not be returning
Old May 3, 2022, 2:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Club lounge reopens on 5th May, with a partially renovated design

Old May 3, 2022, 1:30 pm

It looks like they have stayed with seating in big groups which often means sharing the space with two strangers as nothing else available, guess it means grabbing a drink and taking it to suite again as lounges will have more people with new rules!
Old May 4, 2022, 1:43 am

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by nicolas75
Club lounge reopens on 5th May, with a partially renovated design

I am playing a game of ‘spot the difference’ and struggling! I don’t wish for any great changes at the IC Berlin - it’s another example of a good club lounge in terms of food / beverage offerings and polished service!
JOUY31 likes this.
Old May 5, 2022, 7:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
The big sofa disappeared. The divider is new. The TV in a different positions. Chairs and tables are new.
JOUY31 and IAMORGAN like this.
Old Aug 23, 2022, 10:53 am

Programs: BA Gold
Have the room names changed recently? When I booked in February, my confirmation email stated 'superior room'. The app now says 'king bed classic'.
As a diamond member, should I expect much in the way of upgrades? What could I expect if I join Ambassador during check-in?
Thanks!
Old Aug 23, 2022, 11:58 am
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
I can give you a datapoint as a diamond amb (Club access) with a 9 night stay there starting this Friday. I booked a King Classic Park View, I see in the app I just got upgraded to King Premium (the categories have indeed changed recently) which is the standard 1-category upgrade for ambassador. I have been further upgraded at check-in in the past but so far I do not see many differences between being a plat or diamond ambassador up until now with regards to upgrades at IC.

I always book the room I want if I want to make sure I get something I will be happy with.
Old Aug 25, 2022, 1:27 pm

Baflyer, you will most likely be given what is now a premium room (former Deluxe) though this will depend upon occupancy.
For ambassador it is a guaranteed upgrade to that, if they are nice maybe a junior suite.
My three stays this year have been one level as an RA (booked club deluxe ) in the past this would get a club senior suite or often signature one!
I made comments the last stay so now have club suite on reservation so will see what happens in ten days.
Old Oct 31, 2022, 9:35 pm

Has anyone booked a car through the concierge from/to the airport and know the appx cost? Thanks
Old Nov 9, 2022, 9:25 am

Programs: IHG - Diamond Ambassador
IC Berlin

InterContinental Berlin

1 Review | 100% Recommended

InterContinental Berlin

Budapester Str. 2 Berlin, DE 10787

IC Berlin (1 Photo)

InterContinental Berlin

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

Booked Classic Room and got Premium King City View High FLoor, I would think this is a two category upgrade and I was very happy with it. Very smooth check-in process with the upgrade being visible in the app over 24 hours in advance. 

How are the rooms?

Quite large rooms with bath including bathtub and seperate shower, typical IC bathroom amenities. Room itself also feels nicely sized and well renovated. You have a couch, working desk with a comfortable chair and the combination of the minibar fridge, kettle machine and a bit of a table in the middle of the room. TV is of decent size, but you cannot play Netflix or anything else without and HDMI cable and the positioning is somewhat weird that you can neither enjoy the TV from the bed or the couch to the fullest. The bed itself is quite soft and the only thing I did not enjoy were the pillows, but that was my personal preference. 

How is the exec. lounge?

Did not have acces as I am still 10 nights short of the lounge access reward

What was good and what was bad?

GOOD

• Very friendly staff at check-in, spa reception or breakfast, you name it, best IC in this regard so far for me. 
  • Instant recognition of all benefits I was entitled to without having to ask, including Spa access and 4pm late check-out.
  • The Spa area is nicely sized and during my stay Sun-Mon I had it to myself most of the time, which was an extreme luxury
  • The Gym is also recommendable, especially if you follow the arrows to GYM 2 where you are usually by yourself and you can do a bit more than cardio.
  • Breakfast with interesting asian touches and made to order waffles that were surprisingly good (I do not like waffles too much usually)
  • The snacks you receive in the bar with your drinks are more than typical nuts and crisps and the general food in the bar is also good, yet, quite pricy given the options the city has to offer

BAD 

• AC was a complete let down, I enjoy sleeping in a cold room, but this was impossible, as the AC was warming the room even on the lowest settings
  • Some lights in bathroom were broken and basically turned on and off in random sequence, which was not very fun
  • Staff at the bar told me I could not charge my food to a room, which needed clarifying of his manager

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
Good value for money spend (did not check the points rate on this occasion), especially with diamond benefits and Spa access, would even recommend it for a short getaway if in the city with the girlfriend. 

Typical German Currywurst (Berlin Style) and Fries I had at Marlene Bar.

IMG_0593.jpg

IC Berlin

Would you like to write a review on the InterContinental Berlin?

No, thank you.
Yes
Admiral Ackbar, demue and IMH like this.
Old Nov 13, 2022, 2:36 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Welcome to FlyerTalk, Tim_91, and thanks for the review!
Tim_91 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.