Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Berlin Master Thread - after January 01, 2015

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2020, 7:39 am

Programs: LH SEN**, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by marcel.baden
have you received any information about the opening date for the spa and the gym?
Sorry, did not ask about spa/gym.
Old Sep 8, 2020, 7:48 am

Programs: LH SEN**, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by DonPedro
Club rooms are on sale for end of October
I asked why they sell Club rooms when the Club is closed? Was told that you will get a room on the Club floor without access to the Club. I don't know the room types at the IC Berlin that well. Therefore, I am not sure if Club rooms are more spacious, on higher floors etc. which would justify the prize difference over the Deluxe or Superior rooms.
But I find it misleading that the reservation system mentions breakfast/teat time/cocktails in the Club in the room description. But same issue with some ICs in the US that sold Club access on the weekend when the Club was closed ...

Last edited by Viennafly; Sep 8, 2020 at 7:53 am
Old Sep 14, 2020, 2:41 pm

Programs: IC Amb.,FB,Hertz,Sixt
I am in the hotel at the moment, the deluxe rooms on the club floor are nicer and a bit bigger than the others. I had booked the club floor and they called to let me know the lounge was still closed so would give €90/day f&b credit . Then someone else dealt with it and reduced my rate to superior room ,gave me the same credit and a large club suite, I am RA so get free lounge access anyway
As of two days ago they reopened the normal breakfast buffet and Marlene is open noon until 10pm, there is no room service
Old Sep 21, 2020, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by Viennafly
I just called the hotel and was hoping that for a planned stay at the end of September the Club Lounge would be open again, but unfortunately received the information that the Lounge is still closed and there is not opening date scheduled.
Likewise - I’ve just called the hotel. Club lounge, spa and pools still closed. The gym is open. I didn’t ask about any f&b credit if booked into a Club room. They were unable to say when the lounge and spa etc. would be open.

Palmer
Old Sep 21, 2020, 12:56 pm

Programs: QF PLAT (OW Emerald), TK Elite (*G), IHG Dia Royal Amb, GHA Titanium, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by ninjalad
I am in the hotel at the moment, the deluxe rooms on the club floor are nicer and a bit bigger than the others. I had booked the club floor and they called to let me know the lounge was still closed so would give €90/day f&b credit . Then someone else dealt with it and reduced my rate to superior room ,gave me the same credit and a large club suite, I am RA so get free lounge access anyway
As of two days ago they reopened the normal breakfast buffet and Marlene is open noon until 10pm, there is no room service
As RA the breakfast was free or did you have to pay the breakfast from the €90 f&b credit? I'll be there in two weeks and in this case I would book a rate with breakfast, so I would have the whole 90€ for dinner.
Old Sep 21, 2020, 10:00 pm

Breakfast and minibar was free as normal, the 90 is in addition .
marcel.baden likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2020, 7:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by ninjalad
So the refurbishment starts in May, though I fear that the prices will be going up for the increased profitability . https://www.ihgplc.com/news-and-medi...GXDoqbZe9LcLqo
The Hotel InterContinental Berlin with the shop arcade consists of four building parts and has been expanded in several construction phases since the 1960s. The planned construction project is divided into two areas: the refurbishment of the guest rooms in the east, south and west wings and the public areas on the ground floor and the refurbishment and repair of the technical infrastructure of the Hotel InterContinental Berlin.

The renovation of the legendary ballroom will begin in spring 2019. This is also the beginning of the renovation and modernization measureat the Hotel InterContinental Berlin.

The ballroom, consisting of Potsdam I, II, III and IV, is being completely redesigned. New interior design, adjustments in the area of ​​infrastructure and high-quality event technology will continue to ensure comfort at events in the future.

In the further course, 365 rooms and suites in the east and south wings and 193 rooms and suites in the west wing will be comprehensively renovated and modernized. The Marlene Bar on the ground floor as well as the lobby and reception are being fundamentally redesigned and also renovated.

Pictures of renovated rooms (previous version was very elegant, contrarry to the Western side recent renovation)
Old May 11, 2021, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Renovation of InterContinental Berlin

The refurbishment will be undertaken in several phases with the hotel remaining in operation throughout the works.
The first phase involving the renovation of the ballroom was successfully completed and handed over on schedule at the beginning of September 2019.
Further works including the renovation of 558 guestrooms in the south, east and west wings, and also the ground floor lobby and reception areas as well as infrastructure upgrades are currently being planned and are due to be completed over the next 3 years.

The project involves a total investment volume of approximately €61 million and is expected to be completed by the end of 2022.

Source

FLYGVA, demue and marcel.baden like this.
Old May 15, 2021, 12:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Most parts of the ground lobby are currently closed. The driveway in front of the hotel is a construction site. Currently the west wing is entirely closed so is the south wing. LA Café is closed. Hugo’s is closed, the spa is closed (more or less everything is closed). The east wing is partly open. Club is closed due to cost reasons. Breakfast is continental with some eggs to order in the Marlene bar and free for RA. If you have breakfast included in you rate no further benefits. Close to no upgrades possible in the east wing. Suites on the eight floor are partly under renovation, 600 is under renovation and only the very old /79 senior suite on six is available. No more room service credit. The only remaining benefit appears to be the minibar. Number of staff is limited albeit everybody is working hard to make it a good stay. There is a COVID testing facility on side. Renovation will be well into 2022.
IAMORGAN and marcel.baden like this.
Old May 15, 2021, 11:16 am

Oh I was told by club floor manager last February that they were not doing the suites !
I have a booking for September and was planning on going beforehand once things open up again , don’t really fancy an old superior room with living room on sixth floor 🙈
Old May 23, 2021, 3:04 pm

Spire/Royal Ambassador. I just returned home from a week at IC Berlin, booked a standard room and received an upgrade to an executive room on the 8th floor, which was nicer than I expected. Breakfast was included, and I received 15 euro credit towards room service or minibar, which they applied at check-out since I had forgotten about it. Other than breakfast (continental with egg menu), which was served near the Marlene Bar, all other dining areas were closed and other meals had to be taken via room service - no local restaurants were open. The room service menu was limited but generally adequate and meals arrived in a timely manner. The hotel is undergoing renovation, which is expected to last into 2022, but I didn't find it to be much of a problem. The hotel requires you to certify on check-in that you are traveling for business purposes, a current condition of the COVID-19 pandemic. The Club Lounge, pool and spa remained closed. I never ran into another person on my floor in the week there, but did see people at breakfast. You are requested to reserve a breakfast table for a particular time at check-in, to keep guests staggered, but which you can easily change if needed. Limited staffing but always pleasant and working hard. The hotel is convenient for me and walking through the Tiergarten daily was such a joy. I'll stay here again.
Old May 24, 2021, 3:29 pm
Suspended

This was a decent hotel once. With the lack of service, the limited breakfast, and the renovations going on I now consider it a no-go.
Old May 25, 2021, 3:59 am

Agree but what Berlin IHG hotel is still okay to go to currently?

CP Potsdamer removed all elite benefits (had free breakfast, Club including Club happy hour at the bar before)

Others also not sure
Old Jul 25, 2021, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Pictures of the renovated lobby

JOUY31, IAMORGAN, ninjalad and 1 others like this.

Last edited by nicolas75; Jul 25, 2021 at 3:08 pm
Old Sep 4, 2021, 9:33 am

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Is the hotel currently operational? I am looking at going 30 Oct-2 Nov and it appears to be unavailable. Maybe it’s really fully booked but does anybody know?

This will be my first ‘post-Covid’ trip abroad (last time abroad was Feb 2020).

Pre-covid I went to Berlin at least twice a year every year and always stayed here. Not the grandest IC by any stretch but was always a well managed property - never any problems with my booking, room or stay. I loved the Marlene bar and Berlin’s ‘chilled’ yet city vibe. Staff here were always uber professional and the Club IC, even after some cutbacks, was very good in my view.

If full, I’m considering the CP by the railway station or the Indigo at the Eastside gallery (looks interesting). The Regent looks a bit stuffy to me - is it, or is it worth considering (similar price point to the Grand Hyatt which has a great Italian restaurant or the Ritz Carlton with the Curtain Club bar!!)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.