Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Berlin Master Thread - after January 01, 2015

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2016, 2:08 am

Programs: *G at A3,TK;M&M,LM; IHG RA, AB Plat.
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
Three. 297, 397 and 497
This are the 3 JS in the small building in front of the main east wing building, at the very end of the corridor.

I was writing about the JS (836, 824) on the 8. floor (club lounge floor).
Old Nov 23, 2016, 5:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by hannes08
Only 2 JS in East wing and 4(+1) SenSuites at 8. Floor (Club Lounge).
Originally Posted by hannes08
This are the 3 JS in the small building in front of the main east wing building, at the very end of the corridor.

I was writing about the JS (836, 824) on the 8. floor (club lounge floor).
I know what they are - stay there every other week. But you initial post was about two junior suites in the East Wing and four senior suites on the eights floor....
Old Nov 23, 2016, 11:53 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
I gave up my club upsell after first night and restaurant breakfast. Just did not work to do a 20minute roundtrip from room in wrong wing to lounge just for a coffee or soda or evening drink.

Interesting checkout ground floor, the GRM (ex IC BKK) was not there, and I queried the 88euro/night lounge upsell with the senior reception clerk on checkout as I needed refund of 3 of 4 nights upsell.
Apparently despite myself informing GRM that 88euro I was told to pay was wrong and it is 50euros for RAs, and GRM going into backoffice area (to check OR pretend to check upsell ?! ) for 5mins and returning and telling me definitely 88euro upsell, on checkout I get the correct different info showing us guests know more than the GRM. Obviously GRM needs some training

a)Lounge now 110euro std rate
b)New IHG Ambassador terms from 1st Jan 2017 will mean a 20% discount of an IC Club Lounge rate, which as of 1month ago IC Berlin are have already implemented ... so 110 -20% = 88euro and is Ambassaor rate
c)AND as I had stated, RA's at IC Berlin upsell for 50euro.... and two initial checkin staff (GRM and checkin clerk) informed me I was wrong ... grrrr
korbornor likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 12:39 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Smile

Currently enjoying a Cognac at the lounge for my yearly visit to the IC Berlin. Nice Senior Club Suite (838) and great service from the staff. ^
Old Dec 4, 2016, 4:22 pm

Programs: QF WP/OW Emerald, IHG Spire AMB
My first stay at the IC Berlin will be this NYE. Can regular guests advise me on what room type I should be aiming for with views of the fireworks over the Tiergarten?

I am Spire Ambassador, was told by reservations to book a superior room with park views and can now see I've been upgraded to a JS. Happy to adjust my booking if a more suitable upgrade can be had - I was however instructed there are no upgrades to Club rooms?
Old Dec 6, 2016, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by mrmaxwell
My first stay at the IC Berlin will be this NYE. Can regular guests advise me on what room type I should be aiming for with views of the fireworks over the Tiergarten ?

I am Spire Ambassador, was told by reservations to book a superior room with park views and can now see I've been upgraded to a JS. Happy to adjust my booking if a more suitable upgrade can be had - I was however instructed there are no upgrades to Club rooms?
Senior Suite has great view over the Tiergarten

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PX0uRGTn8Hg
Old Dec 7, 2016, 6:10 pm

Programs: *G at A3,TK;M&M,LM; IHG RA, AB Plat.
Originally Posted by nicolas75
They have Senior Suites nearly on each corner of the two buildings.
That means, you have to specify very exactly the location of the suite, if you want to overlook the Tiergarten.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 7:33 pm

Programs: QF WP/OW Emerald, IHG Spire AMB
Good to know but I haven't booked a senior suite. These are the only rooms with views over Tiergarten?
Old Dec 27, 2016, 2:53 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Korean Air Morning Calm Premium Club
Hello.
Looks like I am upgraded to Junior Suite for my upcoming stay at IC Berlin. Any suggestions on wings? floors? I figured there are west and east wings. Which is better for Junior Suite?
Thanks!
Old Dec 27, 2016, 10:39 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Expat2001
Hello.
Looks like I am upgraded to Junior Suite for my upcoming stay at IC Berlin. Any suggestions on wings? floors? I figured there are west and east wings. Which is better for Junior Suite?
Thanks!
without Lounge Access you will not be given a choice of wings. The lounge is in East wing, and there are just 5x J/S in East wing and go to those with lounge access

non lounge J/S is in the west wing (more convenent for restaurant b/f though) and should have external views over the Zoo which the west wing is nearer too.

Normally allocated west-wing j/s is the front l/h/s corner room of each floor as you look at the IC hotel from the street out front. a 2-room JS so bedroom 2-windows facing street and zoo side, and the second room ie sitting room, further window overlooking zoo side.

If you get a full-suite in the wing, typically I get same l/h/s view but the 2-room full-suite is the last 2-rooms at the back of the wing as loonging at IC from the street. Again 2 windows, living room, bedroom, looking out towards the zoo
Old Jan 7, 2017, 1:36 am

IC Berlin

How is the exec. lounge?
Great staff and very pleasant atmosphere.

Very good breakfast options
Food all the day long.
Evening hot options (including on week-ends).

The bar/coffee section has been modified with bar tables and stools, so that people can have a drink and keep the "restaurant" part more quiet
Food all day long is not any longer true. Since January 4th there will be no food offerings at all -- no soup, no salad, etc. -- between breakfast and high-tea.
While I did not like the atmosphere at dinner time at the lounge since a while (I did not go this time), salad at noon was one of the main reasons I paid for the club in the past. (This change is written down)

Club is now included for RAs, but upgrade policy has changed to include view in the room categories. I have booked the cheapest room and was told ar check-in this time I get a junior suite again, but in future I need to book a Deluxe room to get upgraded to junior suite.
Old Jan 7, 2017, 2:36 am

Programs: IHG
Originally Posted by cazane
Food all day long is not any longer true. Since January 4th there will be no food offerings at all -- no soup, no salad, etc. -- between breakfast and high-tea.
While I did not like the atmosphere at dinner time at the lounge since a while (I did not go this time), salad at noon was one of the main reasons I paid for the club in the past. (This change is written down)

Club is now included for RAs, but upgrade policy has changed to include view in the room categories. I have booked the cheapest room and was told ar check-in this time I get a junior suite again, but in future I need to book a Deluxe room to get upgraded to junior suite.
But that's only a 1-level upgrade?!
Old Jan 7, 2017, 4:47 am

Originally Posted by turner32
But that's only a 1-level upgrade?!
Nope, it is in fact a two level upgrade. As previous poster stated, from now on the "view"-categories will be counted in the upgrade process. IC Berlin has the following categories:

Superior Room (Standard)
Superior Room with Park view
Deluxe Room
Deluxe Room on high floor with view
Junior Suite
Senior Suite

So for an RA booking Superior it will be a Deluxe Room (2-levels higher). To get a junior suite you now have to book a deluxe room.

For the Club level it goes as following:
Club Superior
Club Superior with park view
Club Deluxe
Club Junior Suite
Club Senior Suite
Presidential Suites (Diplomat Suite, Park Suite and President Suite available in this category)

However, everything from Club Junior Suite on is excluded from AMB/RA Upgrade by the AMB Terms and Conditions. So IF you are upgraded to one of that categories, it is at the sole discretion of the hotel.
Old Jan 7, 2017, 4:53 am

Programs: IHG
Originally Posted by Kasupke
Nope, it is in fact a two level upgrade. As previous poster stated, from now on the "view"-categories will be counted in the upgrade process. IC Berlin has the following categories:

Superior Room (Standard)
Superior Room with Park view
Deluxe Room
Deluxe Room on high floor with view
Junior Suite
Senior Suite

So for an RA booking Superior it will be a Deluxe Room (2-levels higher). To get a junior suite you now have to book a deluxe room.

For the Club level it goes as following:
Club Superior
Club Superior with park view
Club Deluxe
Club Junior Suite
Club Senior Suite
Presidential Suites (Diplomat Suite, Park Suite and President Suite available in this category)

However, everything from Club Junior Suite on is excluded from AMB/RA Upgrade by the AMB Terms and Conditions. So IF you are upgraded to one of that categories, it is at the sole discretion of the hotel.
"View" categories? What a joke. It's not as if you're overlooking Lake Garda.
Still, if booking Deluxe on High floor gives Senior suite with club access, that's not too bad.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 2:26 pm

Programs: IC Amb.,FB,Hertz,Sixt
Shame about the Club lounge at lunchtime, that is pretty much the only time that I eat something there !
I have a stay there in a couple of weeks which currently shows a Club junior ( Ambassador ,booked Club deluxe) I must check with them about the new policy ,esp for points bookings as don't fancy a normal room on high floor. Until now I have always got a deluxe on 11 or 12th floor on points.
I have been a regular guest there since 2005 and the room rates have changed little in that time so I guess they would sooner make cut backs than put the prices up

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.