Old Sep 19, 2016, 2:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by nicolas75
Not exactly new (2 years+ ago)
YMMV
Old Sep 21, 2016, 6:51 am

Programs: SQ S, IHG Diamond/Amb, Accor S
I was looking at using my Ambassador voucher for a stay at IC Berlin, but it looks like a not-so-great deal. For the weekend I am looking at:

cheapest room @ Ambassador rate = EUR 134
cheapest room @ best flexible rate including breakfast for two = EUR 140 per night

Alternatively I could book the cheapest club room, as this includes breakfast, spa fees etc.

cheapest club room @ Ambassador rate = EUR 244

So I would basically be paying EUR 110 for club access for two persons for two nights.

In order to decide what makes the most sense, I hope that someone can answer the following questions:

- what is the normal rate for breakfast at the hotel?
- what would be the current cost for two persons / two nights to buy club access (ambassador member)?

Last edited by DuMaInSin; Sep 21, 2016 at 7:26 am Reason: included charge for 2nd person in rates
Old Sep 21, 2016, 6:39 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by DuMaInSin
- what is the normal rate for breakfast at the hotel?
- what would be the current cost for two persons / two nights to buy club access (ambassador member)?
Breakfast is €32 per person and i was once offered Club Access for "only" €60 per night because i'm an Ambassador. Not sure though if €60 is per room or per person because i was alone.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 3:09 am

Originally Posted by haakona
Breakfast is €32 per person and i was once offered Club Access for "only" €60 per night because i'm an Ambassador. Not sure though if €60 is per room or per person because i was alone.
Thanks Haakona. I have read somewhere up-thread that the club fee is per night per room, not per person.

So apparently it does not make sense at all to use my Ambassador voucher if I would book a standard room. For a club room the value is still poor (less than 100 Euro), but my voucher is expiring in November and I do not have any other upcoming stay for which I can use it.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by DuMaInSin
Thanks Haakona. I have read somewhere up-thread that the club fee is per night per room, not per person.

So apparently it does not make sense at all to use my Ambassador voucher if I would book a standard room. For a club room the value is still poor (less than 100 Euro), but my voucher is expiring in November and I do not have any other upcoming stay for which I can use it.
I am not sure about the current AMB price for club acess, I was quoted €70 last December. The price is normally quoted per room.

I had similar problem in the past when it works out much better to pay the room directly rather than using the AMB voucher at IC Berlin. However, if you have no other upcoming stays to use the voucher before the voucher expiring, I personally think it works out a bit better to book the club room directly with the voucher.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 1:38 am

Originally Posted by loyaltypointschaser
I personally think it works out a bit better to book the club room directly with the voucher.
Thanks! That's what I have done.
Old Sep 24, 2016, 1:53 am

Programs: Free Agent
Currently at the IC Berlin. Info above is correct regarding current price:
Breakfast is 30ish euro per person.
Club access is 70euro per room.

We are finding the club to be well worth it.
Breakfast is good and evening snacks before dinner help take the edge off.

Also, Berlin Marathon is this weekend and while the hotel/city is packed the club is not.
Old Oct 15, 2016, 8:56 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
First visit in about 12months just booked

Booking IC Berlin for 4night Friday-Tuesday November stay... I did compare normal and club room rates as looked recently as IC Berlin maybe giving nicer upgrade to RA.

Whilst basic room is circa euro110, the basic club room is euro200, so a\t 90euro++ more not worth my booking ClubRoom initially as anRA , especially as with the downgraded weekend evening club offerings I won't purchase/use lounge at weekends but will weekdays, I will however upsell for on my 4th night Mon-Tues.

I did not book the standard Junior Suite which I also historically book at similar rate to a clubroom, as I can no longer see Full Suite on offer that was standard upgrade from a JS ?

PS
Hoping posts correct for 2016, RA=50, Amb=70, others =100. (that's a very small increase, even in 2013 upsell was RA 45, Amb 60, others 90 )
Assuming IC Berlin still has 3-price RA/Amb/Others pricing stratedgy

Last edited by scubaccr; Oct 15, 2016 at 9:04 pm
Old Oct 17, 2016, 3:06 pm

Programs: *G at A3,TK;M&M,LM; IHG RA, AB Plat.
Originally Posted by scubaccr
...., especially as with the downgraded weekend evening club offerings I won't purchase/use lounge at weekends ....

I did not book the standard Junior Suite which I also historically book at similar rate to a clubroom, as I can no longer see Full Suite on offer that was standard upgrade from a JS ?
There is no downgraded lounge service on weekends, since some months.
That means 3 hot food choices also on weekends.

If you book a JunSuite you will either get a Jun Suite with Club Acces (usually no Club Jun Suite) or a Sen Suite (without club access).
Old Oct 17, 2016, 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by hannes08

If you book a JunSuite you will either get a Jun Suite with Club Acces (usually no Club Jun Suite) or a Sen Suite (without club access).
ans)many thanks for the info, as I was not aware that w/end offering improved over the summer months.
At weeekends I simply used lounge upsell fee (50euro) for inroom dining evening meal, but walked outside for beakfast.
With lounge access I always use foc option to b/f in restaurant, a nice lounge perk.

ans)Was never offered J/S upgrade choice of Lounge/Full-Suite, just automatically get the Full Suite in non-club wing... all part of my individual profile likes here at IC Berlin now, have never stayed in club wing although was shown J/S and Club rooms that wing , ages ago.

Regards Upgrade of Room/Lounge choice, I saw post in this thread within last 6-12 months or so, but was not planning to refuse JS upgrade and take lounge as stay Fri-Tue included weekend .
With full weekend hot food at last, I will now take Lounge each day, I just need to decide which route, will be nice to not have to walk outside for breakfast this visit, eg need to decide on either
i)4nights x 50euro upsell , keeping room upgrade
ii)4x nights lounge in lieu of room upgrade

Last edited by scubaccr; Oct 17, 2016 at 8:15 pm
Old Nov 19, 2016, 7:37 am

Not totally happy at IC Berlin Checkin

1. Hotel had not planned for my RA arrival
(Gave me J/S in far wing, had welcome letter/envelope for some other Amb/RA )

2. I had even emailed to inform I would choose upgrade to suite versus club access as my RA choice AND then upsell to Club so would like room in Lounge wing tower

3. Checkin now tell me as of about a month ago, club access is changed toeuro-110 discounted to euro-88 for RA !

4. Then also only 2x Junior Suites in Club tower side, so stuck in opposite wing and room-lounge-room is a 20minute slog for eg a coffee or drink in evening during 1800-2200 alcohol hour.

AND
Having already upselled , I asked that if club wing was not possible for Fri+Sat nights as I assumed if it was Saturday that is busy, then could I be moved for Sunday+Monday nights... this is where I was annoyed again, told you can gave a deluxe, but still would have paid upsell ! !

If that is case, I would NOT pay 88euro for club upsell and instead CHOOSE as RA, free CLUB on my Superior Type Room Booking v Room Negligble Benefit Upgrade (Superior to Deluxe !) AND upsell 88euro fee for Lounge
Old Nov 21, 2016, 3:22 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
From the Interconti web site:

The SPA InterContinental will be closed from 13 – 22 January 2017 due to maintenance of the wellness and sauna landscape.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 3:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by scubaccr
Not totally happy at IC Berlin Checkin

1. Hotel had not planned for my RA arrival
(Gave me J/S in far wing, had welcome letter/envelope for some other Amb/RA )

2. I had even emailed to inform I would choose upgrade to suite versus club access as my RA choice AND then upsell to Club so would like room in Lounge wing tower

3. Checkin now tell me as of about a month ago, club access is changed toeuro-110 discounted to euro-88 for RA !

4. Then also only 2x Junior Suites in Club tower side, so stuck in opposite wing and room-lounge-room is a 20minute slog for eg a coffee or drink in evening during 1800-2200 alcohol hour.

AND
Having already upselled , I asked that if club wing was not possible for Fri+Sat nights as I assumed if it was Saturday that is busy, then could I be moved for Sunday+Monday nights... this is where I was annoyed again, told you can gave a deluxe, but still would have paid upsell ! !

If that is case, I would NOT pay 88euro for club upsell and instead CHOOSE as RA, free CLUB on my Superior Type Room Booking v Room Negligble Benefit Upgrade (Superior to Deluxe !) AND upsell 88euro fee for Lounge
There are only three JS in the east wing and people either love or hate them (-97). And difference between superior and deluxe ist substantial. West wing deluxe rooms have the size of a west wing JS but only one room (and people love or hate them).
Old Nov 22, 2016, 9:57 am

Programs: *G at A3,TK;M&M,LM; IHG RA, AB Plat.
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
There are only three JS in the east wing and people either love or hate them (-97). And difference between superior and deluxe ist substantial. West wing deluxe rooms have the size of a west wing JS but only one room (and people love or hate them).
Only 2 JS in East wing and 4(+1) SenSuites at 8. Floor (Club Lounge).
Old Nov 22, 2016, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by hannes08
Only 2 JS in East wing and 4(+1) SenSuites at 8. Floor (Club Lounge).
Three. 297, 397 and 497

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.