FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IC Berlin Master Thread - after January 01, 2015
Old May 31, 2016, 10:13 pm
scubaccr

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Valim
Are you aware that they changed the policy for RA recently? (I guess since 1.1.2016). You can now choose between the standard upgrade Classic->Junior Suite OR if you prefer you can have Club Access as benefit. They will give you some room in Club district so this is a pretty nice option if you don't need the suite. (Last time i received a Club Deluxe Room)
Cheaper for me to book standard room on corp rate for J/suite upgrade or a J/suite for Full-Suite upgrade and use RA rate lounge upsell.
Plus I don't upsell to lounge on Sat+Sun due to lesser evening food offering, when I then use the saved upsell for inroom dining.

Guess it is in my IC-Berlin profile I always take a j/suite or full/suite in far tower, as easier to give me the better/preferred rooms as fewer RA/Amb guests in the non-lounge tower rooms, but if club-suites are now allowed to us (were excempt from upgrades) I could change my mind about that.

Will possibly stay 1night July, the Portuguese IC-Bangkok Lounge Manager moved to IC Berlin in March2016 to be the new Guest Relation Manager.