Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Ceylan Istanbul Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2011, 3:08 pm

Cool views

Stayed in an upgraded junior suite (maybe executive room) with club access last weekend.

I made pictures and wrote a review which can be found on my blog:
http://youhavebeenupgraded.blogspot....ul-ceylan.html
Old May 18, 2011, 3:21 am

Here some club room pictures:
http://youhavebeenupgraded.blogspot....-ceylan-2.html
Old Nov 25, 2011, 3:26 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Aeroplan 75K
Originally Posted by stimpy
Unless you really want to explore the public transit option, to me a taxi is the only way. It's really not that expensive by western standards.
Taxi is very convenient from IST Airport to the IHG Ceylan and takes about 35minutes. One thing to note is that it costs about 40TL one-way.
Old Nov 27, 2011, 1:30 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Aeroplan 75K
Havas Bus from IST airport only 10TL

I just got back from a stay at the IC Ceylan Istanbul, and found a much cheaper option than a Taxi, and a more convenient option than taking the Metro.

The Havas Bus drops off at Taksim square right around the corner from the IC Ceylan. It runs every 30 minutes and cost 10TL. I timed the communte time, and it took 24 minutes (this is early morning on a Sunday so perhaps a little longer during rush hour).
Old Feb 5, 2012, 12:54 pm

Programs: US Chairman, Marriott Platinum, PCR Platinum, and SPG Gold
I just booked this hotel for 3 nights on an award stay. We're PC Plat but not Ambassador. Is it worth buying up to Ambassador for $200 for this stay? Space permitting, will the hotel upgrade us to the club floor?
Old Mar 29, 2012, 10:49 am

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Reward Stays

Reward Stays at this property are 50K now, how much were they before ?

Contemplating a 4 night stay using points as paid rate is over 350 euros per night!
Old Mar 29, 2012, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by navatwal
Contemplating a 4 night stay using points as paid rate is over 350 euros per night!
At this price, you'd definitely better stay at The House Hotel Bosphorus,
Tomtom Suites, Witt Istanbul Suites, Sumahan on the Water, Ibrahim Pasha Hotel,A'jia Hotel, The Sofa Istanbul or The House Hotel Nisantasi!!
Old Mar 30, 2012, 1:56 am

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
IC RA member and over 1 million points to burn.

Originally Posted by nicolas75
At this price, you'd definitely better stay at The House Hotel Bosphorus,
Tomtom Suites, Witt Istanbul Suites, Sumahan on the Water, Ibrahim Pasha Hotel,A'jia Hotel, The Sofa Istanbul or The House Hotel Nisantasi!!
Old Mar 30, 2012, 11:14 am

This hotel is close to 500 Euros per night even on weekends.

Is it worth it? even with a BOGOF, contemplating using Points especially since they honour full RA benefits on a reward stay.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 12:13 pm

This hotel is close to 500 Euros per night even on weekends.

Is it worth it? even with a BOGOF, contemplating using Points especially since they honour full RA benefits on a reward stay.
How far out are you looking? I've stayed there last November and while the rates were as high as you quoted far out in advanced, it droped to less then 200 EUR for Best Flex on short notice (and even less with some sort of AP discount of course).
Old Mar 30, 2012, 12:24 pm

Im looking for around 19th April for a 4 night stay, for a weekend it is very steep.

I have a bogof coupon running spare even then im not so sure it is worth using as POINTS give full benefits.

How expensive is Istnabul and the area, eg Taxis, food meals etc

Originally Posted by Lack
How far out are you looking? I've stayed there last November and while the rates were as high as you quoted far out in advanced, it droped to less then 200 EUR for Best Flex on short notice (and even less with some sort of AP discount of course).
Old Mar 30, 2012, 2:53 pm

Im looking for around 19th April for a 4 night stay, for a weekend it is very steep.

I have a bogof coupon running spare even then im not so sure it is worth using as POINTS give full benefits.

How expensive is Istnabul and the area, eg Taxis, food meals etc
I'd keep checking - for example, April 6 to 8 is 190 EUR for best flex. 13-15 is 170 EUR.
I'd say that area will cater to any wallet. It's and easy and cheap bus transfer from the airport, there's lot's of kebab stall's in the area around for example. With a deeper pocket I'm sure you can spring for a cab and a nicer dinning options.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 2:57 pm

How much is a taxi from the Airport to the hotel in £ or Euros or USD equivalent?

Ive been ripped of in New York $80, Washington $65 and Paris 65 Euros, so wondering how much can it be here?

I hear its close to £25, can someone please confirm?
Old Apr 2, 2012, 3:47 am

Programs: ME, EK, LH, IC
You can "negotiate" a price from the airport kiosks (a whole bunch of them in the arrivals hall). The last time I was there, I had a 2-way transfer (to and from the airport) for TL 90.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 4:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
has anyone used the chase free night certificate at this property????i'm guessing it would be the same as an award stay so ra benefits would be honoured????

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.