Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Ceylan Istanbul Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2023, 7:05 am

Programs: BA Silver, PR Elite, Avis Preferred Plus, PC Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by nicolas75
When I stayed at this hotel last summer, I was said that the former club lounge would be transformed into a suite, and would be permanently located on the ground floor.

The good news is that the club is bigger and has a pleasant garden (but obviously no view).
Thanks that in conjunction with the hotel website makes sense.
Old Mar 30, 2023, 10:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP IC AMBASSADOR/DIAMOND Tk/ELITE (*G), JumeirahONE Gold
In fairness to the hotel, they are proactively sending emails after you make the reservation to let you know there are ongoing renovations (not just stating it in their website which I would typically miss). Rates are cheaper than they have been for a while (Euro 150 vs 220). I am staying next week so will report. Last year I stayed in late May when they were doing the facade renovation and they had initially assigned me a room which was right above where the builders/painters were working. I complained about the noise after 1 day of enduring it and they moved the works to another area.

For me the hotel is convenient as I prefer Taksim but the rooms are in need of updating including installing sockets near the bed.

In summer, the pool area is very relaxed and not crowded which I greatly appreciate.

Anyway, this is the email I got.

"We are very excited to announce that our renovation project, which has been prepared with care and attention, is being realised in order to serve you better.

The first phase of the renovation will start with the Lobby between the dates of January 05th – April 20th 2023. The busy hours of the renovation will take place between 9 am – 6 pm. During this period, the Lobby, Lobby Terrace, Veranda Restaurant, R Floor Meeting Rooms and The Brasserie Restaurant will be closed. Our service areas for the reception, concierge, club lounge, breakfast, lunch and dinner will be changed accordingly."

Last edited by palermo; Apr 1, 2023 at 1:41 am
Old Mar 31, 2023, 3:55 am

Originally Posted by palermo
In fairness to the hotel, they are proactively sending emails after you make the reservation to let you know there are ongoing renovations (not just stating it in their website which I would typically miss). Rates are cheaper than they have been for a while (Euro 150 vs 220). I am staying next week so will report. Last year I stayed in late May when they were doing the facade renovation and they had initially assigned me a room which was right above where the builders/painters were working. I complained about the noise after 1 day of enduring it and they moved the works to another area.

For me the hotel is convenient as I prefer Taksim but the rooms are in need of updating including installing plugs near the bed.

In summer, the pool area is very relaxed and not crowded which I greatly appreciate.

Anyway, this is the email I got.

"We are very excited to announce that our renovation project, which has been prepared with care and attention, is being realised in order to serve you better.

The first phase of the renovation will start with the Lobby between the dates of January 05th – April 20th 2023. The busy hours of the renovation will take place between 9 am – 6 pm. During this period, the Lobby, Lobby Terrace, Veranda Restaurant, R Floor Meeting Rooms and The Brasserie Restaurant will be closed. Our service areas for the reception, concierge, club lounge, breakfast, lunch and dinner will be changed accordingly."

That would be great, I'm visiting in 2 weeks look foward to hearing your comments.
Old Apr 3, 2023, 2:56 pm

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
Can anyone comment on how the ongoing renovations affect the stay and services? I'm considering the hotel for a visit in just a few days' time... Also, any reports on what to expect as a Diamond Ambassador would be great!
Old Apr 7, 2023, 4:19 am

Originally Posted by Ashraj
That would be great, I'm visiting in 2 weeks look foward to hearing your comments.
\

I checked in this morning. Noise is not a problem - at least in the higher floors. The lobby is closed except the lift area (reception is located temporarily in level P - same as the pool and the spa). Entrance is in the same area but limited to a door and then people are directed to the lifts via a temporary pathway. Staff are super nice and apologetic about the building work. The receptionist that checked me in (Murat?) was a super star. They have set up a coffee/tea station. Lounge is in level N (top floor) but I have not visited yet. Overall I would not hesitate to stay as building work is not currently impacting the quality of my stay. The fact that the reception/lobby which is Grand is closed may make a difference for some people who are experiencing the hotel for the first time but not to me and I appreciated the lower fares.

I paid 155 euro which is cheap for the hotel these days. Unfortunately, I realised afterwards that there was an offer on points of 22,950 which is a steal. There seems to be discounts in all the IHG rewards in Istanbul which I am assuming it is due to some promotion which I had not realised that it was on.

Rates for early August are in the 300 euro mark.
Old Apr 7, 2023, 4:04 pm

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
\

I checked in this morning. Noise is not a problem - at least in the higher floors. The lobby is closed except the lift area (reception is located temporarily in level P - same as the pool and the spa). Entrance is in the same area but limited to a door and then people are directed to the lifts via a temporary pathway. Staff are super nice and apologetic about the building work. The receptionist that checked me in (Murat?) was a super star. They have set up a coffee/tea station. Lounge is in level N (top floor) but I have not visited yet. Overall I would not hesitate to stay as building work is not currently impacting the quality of my stay. The fact that the reception/lobby which is Grand is closed may make a difference for some people who are experiencing the hotel for the first time but not to me and I appreciated the lower fares.

I paid 155 euro which is cheap for the hotel these days. Unfortunately, I realised afterwards that there was an offer on points of 22,950 which is a steal. There seems to be discounts in all the IHG rewards in Istanbul which I am assuming it is due to some promotion which I had not realised that it was on.

I'm at the hotel now as well! I agree that the renovations haven't impacted my stay, although looking through the small cracks in the temporary wall, it doesn't seem like they will truly finish by April 20.

The lounge has a nice atmosphere and the service is incredible, but the food and beverage selection is one of the weakest I have ever seen, anywhere. That said, breakfast was fantastic. Besides the lounge, I am completely happy with the service and quality, especially considering the price paid.
nicolas75 likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2023, 10:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
First pictures of renovation

Old Apr 8, 2023, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by moe8555
I'm at the hotel now as well! I agree that the renovations haven't impacted my stay, although looking through the small cracks in the temporary wall, it doesn't seem like they will truly finish by April 20.

The lounge has a nice atmosphere and the service is incredible, but the food and beverage selection is one of the weakest I have ever seen, anywhere. That said, breakfast was fantastic. Besides the lounge, I am completely happy with the service and quality, especially considering the price paid.
Glad you are enjoying your stay and that you also are not having troubles with the building work.

I fully agree re the lounge. I went yesterday for afternoon tea and I was served (after asking for it) a plate with 5 tiny bites which were of poor quality.

I went for evening cocktails yesterday and today and the food offering was very weak (I have seen Crowne Plazas with more options). Both days there was only one hot dish which was not great (yesterday some beef stew thing and today chicken legs with roasted potatoes).

Glad that you enjoyed breakfast. The variety has been reduced tho (there is probably 3/4 of what.I usually see). I guess the smaller offering must be due to new temporary venue and ramadan may be be also a factor. There is no egg cooking station in the temporary premises and there are less choices in general.
Old Apr 8, 2023, 11:54 am

Glad you are enjoying your stay and that you also are not having troubles with the building work.

I fully agree re the lounge. I went yesterday for afternoon tea and I was served (after asking for it) a plate with 5 tiny bites which were of poor quality.

I went for evening cocktails yesterday and today and the food offering was very weak (I have seen Crowne Plazas with more options). Both days there was only one hot dish which was not great (yesterday some beef stew thing and today chicken legs with roasted potatoes).

Glad that you enjoyed breakfast. The variety has been reduced tho (there is probably 3/4 of what.I usually see). I guess the smaller offering must be due to new temporary venue and ramadan may be be also a factor. There is no egg cooking station in the temporary premises and there are less choices in general.
Haha, glad it's not just me! Even at very basic lounges, there are usually a couple of local wines and a domestic beer available throughout the day. This is literally just soft drinks and coffee/tea except for 5-7pm. I was also in the lounge today during happy hour, so we probably unknowingly saw one another.

Just so you know, at breakfast they will prepare eggs to your liking if you request it (there are cards at each table with the options). Same goes for beverages. This is my first stay at the hotel, so unfortunately I have no previous vantage point to go by...
Old Apr 8, 2023, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by moe8555
Haha, glad it's not just me! Even at very basic lounges, there are usually a couple of local wines and a domestic beer available throughout the day. This is literally just soft drinks and coffee/tea except for 5-7pm. I was also in the lounge today during happy hour, so we probably unknowingly saw one another.

Just so you know, at breakfast they will prepare eggs to your liking if you request it (there are cards at each table with the options). Same goes for beverages. This is my first stay at the hotel, so unfortunately I have no previous vantage point to go by...
Must be me, but I'd never noticed all day booze on offer at any lounge - at least those in the IC and Hilton stable. True though, some can be very flexible applying the closing time
Old Apr 12, 2023, 4:03 am

\

Thnaks for your reply- looking foward to my stay!
Old Apr 24, 2023, 1:43 pm

Programs: IHG
Checked in today. Superb service so far. New front desk active from 11pm this evening.

nicolas75 likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2023, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
The renovation process of InterContinental Istanbul will be completed in 2025.

The first phase of the renovation process, which started on the lobby floor and exterior as of January, was completed in April.

The entire hotel, which has 390 rooms, will be completed gradually in 3 years. After the process, the number of suites in the hotel increased from 52 to 104; room sizes will also increase.

IF Design Awards 2022 winner Aslı Arıkan Dayıoğlu is the architect who carried out the renovation process of InterContinental Istanbul.

Last edited by nicolas75; Apr 25, 2023 at 11:56 am
Old Aug 8, 2023, 3:16 pm

Programs: BAEC, Flying Club, HHonors, Gold Passport, IHG Rewards, Le Club Accor, Club Carlson
Has anyone been here in the past two months that can provide an update? I am currently booked into the CP for a night but am thinking of switching to the IC as I really would like 4pm check out.

In particular, I am interested to know if any of the rooms have been touched yet, how the service/food/drinks in the lounge handled and if there is much noise. If anyone is also a Diamond AMB and could provide a update on the kind of upgrade I could expect that would be appreciated.

TIA for any updates.
Old Nov 20, 2023, 7:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Is there still a golf simulator here?
Has the hotel switched to Byredo yet?
Are the Executive Suites on the top five floors or have they moved during the renovation?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.