Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Ceylan Istanbul Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2023, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Is there still a golf simulator here?
No idea

Has the hotel switched to Byredo yet?
Yes (and I must be the only one who miss Agraria toiletries)

Are the Executive Suites on the top five floors or have they moved during the renovation?
No idea as I am always upgraded to high floor suites.
Old Nov 21, 2023, 11:34 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond/Ambassador, QF LTG, VA G, Marriot LTG, Radisson VIP, Hertz Presidents Club
I had a 10 night stay there in August. Room was upgraded 1 level only (non Suite) as is my experience as a Diamond Ambassador with all InterContinental's that I have stayed at.

The Club Lounge is in a shared by segregated area on the ground floor at a downstairs bar/restaurant area. It was quite nice as you could sit outside at tables in the garden which was quite pleasant. Food and beverages were nothing fancy but good.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again. The location is perfect for visiting Istanbul.
Old Dec 6, 2023, 9:43 pm

Programs: A3 *G, BA OWS, VS Gold, IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat
Has any renovation been done here except to the lobby? I'm at the property and the two rooms I've seen are exactly the same as in mid-2022, with the lack of sockets by the bed etc. so just wondering.

​​​​​EDIT: Was told by front desk they're hopefully getting some progress next year. Apparently floor 16th is done — is that the floor with the old Club Lounge? — and the plan is to renovate the property floor by floor downwards.

Last edited by MeltingAlf; Dec 9, 2023 at 2:36 am
Old Jan 8, 2024, 5:25 pm

Has the renovation been an issue for hotel guests ie limited elevators, construction noise, etc?
Old Jan 9, 2024, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by MeltingAlf
Has any renovation been done here except to the lobby?
The renovation process of InterContinental Istanbul, which was designed in the 1960s and has been serving since 1995, will be completed in 2025.

The first phase of the renovation process, which started on the lobby floor and exterior as of January 2023, was completed in April 2023; The entire hotel, which has 390 rooms, will be completed gradually in 3 years. After the process, the number of suites in the hotel increased from 52 to 104; room sizes will also increase.

IF Design Awards 2022 winner Aslı Arıkan Dayıoğlu will be the architect who will carry out the renovation process of InterContinental Istanbul.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Detailed review of my stay in March

What is your IHG One Rewards status?
Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay
Yes, as always.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked cheapest rate, and received One Bedroom Suite Sea View.

How are the rooms?
Massive: 105sqm large

Separate lounge area with sofa and desk. Separate guests toilets. Observation deck area with impressive panoramic view over the city, Bosphorus and sea.

Large TV with good selection of international channels.
No Chromecast

Nespresso machine. Kettle.

Large comfortable bed.

Large and elegant marble bathroom with bathtub and separate walk-in shower. Byredo Bal d’Afrique amenities

Very efficient air conditioning system.
Superb view over the city and Bosphorus.
Not the most minimalist interior design, but very comfortable and perfectly maintained.

Free Press reader.

How is the exec. lounge?
The club lounge has been beautifully renovated.
The garden is particularly pleasant with sunny weather.

The (very good) breakfast was unfortunately served at the Brasserie: the atmosphere is less intimate (read: very crowded and noisy) but quality of service is really impressive.

In the evening, hot canapés and a variety of very good salads are offered, as well as pastries and alcoholic drinks until 7pm.

Throughout the day, snacks and soft drinks are served by very attentive staff. .

What was good and what was bad?
GOOD
  • Very nice renovation of lobby and club lounge. Definitely very encouraging if rooms renovation is done in the same way.
  • Convenient location
  • Very attentive and friendly staff (the Club lounge’s are just great).
  • Superb view from the suites
  • Large and comfortable suite
  • Very pleasant spa, superb Turkish bath (outdoor pool was unfortunately closed for renovation).

BAD
  • Nothing

Value for $ or IHG One Rewards Points ? Would you return?
Yes, for great service, convenient location and large suites.

Spoiler

jongesander likes this.

Last edited by FLYGVA; Apr 22, 2024 at 11:43 am Reason: reducing size of picutre
Old Apr 2, 2024, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Renovated club lounge

Spoiler

demue likes this.

Last edited by nicolas75; Apr 2, 2024 at 7:58 am
Old Apr 2, 2024, 10:34 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
Originally Posted by nicolas75

What was good and what was bad?
GOOD
  • Very nice renovation of lobby and club lounge. Definitely very encouraging if rooms renovation is done in the same way.
  • Convenient location
  • Very attentive and friendly staff (the Club lounge’s are just great).
  • Superb view from the suites
  • Large and comfortable suite
  • Very pleasant spa, superb Turkish bath (outdoor pool was unfortunately closed for renovation).

BAD
  • Nothing
very nice. I asked them how much premium they charge for club access and was quoted 50EUR plus VAT per night (have booked cheapest room - being Diamond Ambassador).
Will probably book that for my three day stay in early May.
nicolas75 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.