Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG and soft bedding

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2024, 12:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
IHG and soft bedding

So, I'm trying to switch from Hilton to IHG. I like many things about being on the other side - better hotels, better elite recognition. But one thing that ruins it all for me are (very) soft beds at most properties I stayed so far.

When it started with my first stay at HI, I didn't thought much about it, it's a cheap brand so maybe they don't invest in quality mattresses (although the only IHG property with good mattress was another HI I stayed at later). Then I had a similar experience at CP, which raised my eyebrows a bit, but now I woke up at IC Malta with a (mild) back pain because the mattress is once again sinking below my body and not providing any support. This certainly doesn't seem right at luxury brand.

My question is, am I just unlucky (this being only my fifth IHG property, and fourth with low quality mattress), or is it common at IHG to use soft mattresses across the portfolio? As I said, I otherwise love the chain, but if this is normal, I think I'll need to rebook my future stays back to Hilton :/
Old Mar 29, 2024, 5:20 am

I have not noticed IHG bedding to be on the soft side. I too hate soft bedding. Few weeks ago in Hanoi the bedding was rock hard but in Asia the bedding is generally firmer.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 8:25 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by the810
My question is, am I just unlucky (this being only my fifth IHG property, and fourth with low quality mattress), or is it common at IHG to use soft mattresses across the portfolio? As I said, I otherwise love the chain, but if this is normal, I think I'll need to rebook my future stays back to Hilton :/
you are unlucky IMO. I rarely have had problems with bed quality and when I have those issues have been spread out evenly amongst all the chains I've stayed at over the decades. I couldn't pinpoint "X chain has bed issues", except, well maybe, Choice properties
Old Mar 29, 2024, 9:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Thanks, I'm gonna keep trying for a bit longer then!
Old Apr 2, 2024, 1:04 pm

Programs: IC Amb.,FB,Hertz,Sixt
Some people like soft beds , so hotels can never please everyone!
I read a complaint about the IC Berlin beds being hard , I find them very comfortable.
In an IC you can just ask if there is a room with a harder bed it can be that they have different makes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.