Wiki Posts
Search

IC Ceylan Istanbul Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2009, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
Originally Posted by Internaut
My stay at the Ceylan was lovely by the way. The room was nice, Internet was nice and the restaurants and bars fine. I particularly recommend the Safran restaurant and City Lights bar, both on the top floor with great view of the city. An amenity (a litre of water, nuts, dried fruits and Turkish Delight) was refreshed in my room daily and the cost of using the internet in room was reasonable.

Breakfast was included in the very reasonable off season weekend break package and is one of the better breakfast buffets I've encountered.

Perhaps because Turkey predominantly Muslim, drinks from the minibar and at the bar were frighteningly expensive. I never expected to find the cost of a drink to be more expensive than in Oman (though to be fair, for spirits, the measures were bigger)!
As an ambassador, I was upgraded to a higher level floor with a Bosphorous view using a combination of free nights and points for the stay. The concierge was pitiful, but other than that, I really enjoyed the location and the stay.
Old Dec 26, 2009, 12:03 pm

Programs: Amex Biz Cent, Marriott LTP, Avis PC, Hilton Owners Diamond, AS MVP
Just an update on this hotel. We checked in today for 3 nights with 2 rooms, each room registered to a different Ambassador. We were offered the upgrade to a deluxe room at checkin (from the standard we booked). We tried haggling for free club floor access but were offered at 50 Euros/room/night. We haggled that down a bit more and settled at 25 Euros/room/night. The clerk initially denied acceptance of our free weekend night certificates due to our reservation being pre-paid, but a quick phone call to the manager cleared up the misunderstanding.

The lounge on the 16th floor is closed through 12/31 for renovations, but they shut down the English Bar downstairs and turned it into a temp club lounge serving complimentary snacks and soft drinks all day and happy hour with free alcohol from 6-8pm. Breakfast is comped on the hotel buffet (which I hear is an awesome spread). We were given rooms on the 16th floor and the Ambassador welcome amenity was promptly delivered to our rooms.

I've got a trip report going in the TR forum and I'll go into more detail there shortly (I'm a few days behind on typing).
Old Feb 27, 2010, 3:15 pm

Programs: KLM/AF Platinum . AZ FrecciaAlata . IC AmbassadorPlatinum .
I stayed here 3 times in january and february .

I always get an upgrade into 15th floor ( club floor ) with lounge access ( located at 16th ) floor .

Very , very nice and impressive hotel .

Very nice SPA , too ! ^
Old Mar 2, 2010, 2:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA-1K, Marriott-Gold, SPG-Gold, IC RA/Plat, Amtrak Select
I have a stay coming up here in May,

Does anyone have any recent recent reports from this year about the hotel?

I mainly want to know what Upgrades they give RAs

Thanks
Ben
Old Mar 17, 2010, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
I've got a stay coming up in mid-April, full rate though will also use a BOGO. It appears RAs do get Club level room and access even if booking a Standard room (which is what I booked), according to posts on the RA Stay Experiences thread. However, at the moment my reservation still shows the category of room I booked, and not an upgraded category that often shows well in advance of arrival. From those who've been there in the past year -- since Club has become the standard RA upgrade at most properties -- is it normal not to show the upgrade in advance?
Old Mar 23, 2010, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by Benny8444
I have a stay coming up here in May,

Does anyone have any recent recent reports from this year about the hotel?

I mainly want to know what Upgrades they give RAs

Thanks
Ben
Check your rate. They seem to have dropped considerably since earlier this year. I originally booked the lowest flexible rate of E225 for my nights, but after just received an email promotion from IC about free internet with stays, I decided to check that rate. Now seems lowest flexible rate for my dates has dropped to E125, and the Free Internet rate is E135 a night.
Old Apr 1, 2010, 7:46 am

Programs: ME, EK, LH, IC
Heading there this weekend for the Easter break. Looking forward to it thanks to all of your input .
Old Apr 7, 2010, 4:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Interesting, rates back up to the E225 range again. For any RAs planning a stay here, seems the upgrade gets reflected on your res about 5 days ahead of stay arrival. My res is now showing "Club IC Seaview" from its original "Standard Room". Still no advance email from the Concierge that I get from most other ICs.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 4:12 am

Had a very pleasant stay at the IC Cylan Istanbul. Booked a regular room and got upgraded to a nice room overlooking the sea on the 11th floor (Ambassador). Location of the hotel is ideal given it's proximity to Istiklal Street (major shopping, clubbing, dining) and the metro is close by too (Taksim). Spent 3 days there and it was very enjoyable. Good value for money. Would stay there again.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 5:31 am

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott, IHG, Sirius, Dusit, Thai, Virgin, Hyatt, BAA, AS, AA(both)
Originally Posted by BEYFlyer
Had a very pleasant stay at the IC Cylan Istanbul. Booked a regular room and got upgraded to a nice room overlooking the sea on the 11th floor (Ambassador). Location of the hotel is ideal given it's proximity to Istiklal Street (major shopping, clubbing, dining) and the metro is close by too (Taksim). Spent 3 days there and it was very enjoyable. Good value for money. Would stay there again.
So close we never knew as I was there also, made the most of the club two hour happy hour as well
Old Apr 9, 2010, 2:08 am

It IS a small world after all
Old Jun 22, 2010, 8:01 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, HH Silver
Originally Posted by Shareholder
Interesting, rates back up to the E225 range again. For any RAs planning a stay here, seems the upgrade gets reflected on your res about 5 days ahead of stay arrival. My res is now showing "Club IC Seaview" from its original "Standard Room". Still no advance email from the Concierge that I get from most other ICs.
I am booking a friday - monday (3 nights) stay in October. Rates are $250 euros (275 for ambassdor rate) for standard room...Seems high compared to other rates I have seen written about....Anybody have any thoughts?
Old Aug 29, 2010, 4:22 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
An interesting thread and the hotel sounds pretty good, as does its treatment of RA and Amb members.

I am visiting the hotel for the first time later in the year and at present have booked a Club room with Taksim Square view. I guess that I should be upgraded to a Junior Suite with Club access due to my RA status, but from some posts, this appears to happen if one book a standard room.

Is there any benefit paying the extra circa EUR80 per night for a Club room in terms of the likely upgrade?

Thanks.
Old Aug 29, 2010, 5:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
Is there any benefit paying the extra circa EUR80 per night for a Club room in terms of the likely upgrade?
Not IME. If for some reason they change the policy for RA's and you don't get Club, you can always pay up on the spot.
Old Aug 29, 2010, 3:27 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by stimpy
Not IME. If for some reason they change the policy for RA's and you don't get Club, you can always pay up on the spot.
Thanks for the feedback.

I will change my booking to deluxe or standard and write to the hotel and see what upgrade they will arrange. As we want a suite with club floor access, I will ensure that we end up with this - hopefully at the most economical way possible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.