Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Ceylan Istanbul Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2009, 7:48 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
In about five stays there, I can report about the best possible RA upgrade success. They gave me a junior suite, including free internet; and club access; and free breakfast in the restaurant. On top of it, they let me check in at about 7:30am a couple of times when I came in on an early flight. (Of course, I am not sure if this is "policy" or the same now -- I last stayed there over a year ago.)

The hotel itself is in a great area -- right around the corner from Taksim square. It's not as upscale as the Hyatt across the street, but has a nice little pool area and excellent service overall.

Just don't use the phone in the room -- the rates are unbelievable.
Old Jul 12, 2009, 3:21 pm

Programs: IC Plat. Royal Ambassador, HHonors Gold, Air Berlin Topbonus Gold, Miles & More FT, SIXT Diamond
All "Extras" are extremly expensive, so try to avoid them.
As RA, I´ve always been offered good upgrades and complimentary lounge access, which offers a stunning view over Istanbul.

You don´t make a mistake to book here as RA.
Old Jul 12, 2009, 3:49 pm

Programs: FB,BD,LH,EK,PC,HH,MR
hope they give lounge access even tho its free nights
Old Jul 12, 2009, 5:22 pm
LRD

Programs: AA Plat/6MM, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by jexelot
ah im also planning to use my free nights at this property? insights about upgrade for RA and its benifits?
Why not check-out my review from 01 July?
Old Jul 12, 2009, 11:59 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Same here. 3 or 4 stays in the last year. All upgraded to a nice Club room (once a Jr. Suite) with lounge access and free internet. Good location and good staff. Not a mistake when you are RA.

Just make sure to check out in the lounge or mention to the front desk staff that they record your minibar consumption first and then waive the charges. they got some funny need to to that as they are using two different computer programs for that. At least that's what the lounge manager told me. Otherwise you could end up with retro-active charges on your CC after check out. Happened 3 times to me. Sorted out with a call but still annoying.
Old Jul 13, 2009, 8:41 am
AHN

Programs: SK EBG
Does anyone have experience with what upgrades they offer ambassadors?
Old Jul 13, 2009, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by jexelot
ah im also planning to use my free nights at this property? insights about upgrade for RA and its benifits?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/11997185-post2722.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...-istanbul.html
Old Sep 2, 2009, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thumbs up IC Istanbul

I had a recent stay at the InterContinental Istanbul, and was very pleased all around with the service. I'd without a doubt return if I were in Istanbul again. I wrote a trip report with pictures of the hotel, which can be found here.
Old Sep 3, 2009, 4:39 pm

Programs: RA
Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
I had a recent stay at the InterContinental Istanbul, and was very pleased all around with the service. I'd without a doubt return if I were in Istanbul again. I wrote a trip report with pictures of the hotel, which can be found here.

I See The Report
It,s Very Nice
Thank You
Old Sep 4, 2009, 2:04 am

A nice trip report, as always, lucky9876coins.
Old Oct 20, 2009, 10:37 am

Programs: Amex Biz Cent, Marriott LTP, Avis PC, Hilton Owners Diamond, AS MVP
Will Priority Club Platinum get any elite benefits at this hotel? We've never stayed at an IC hotel using the PC status...any chance of upgrades, club level, etc?
Old Dec 16, 2009, 1:14 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Priority Club Blue, SPG Gold, Sofitel Gold, FB Ivory, BA Blue
Originally Posted by lemieux66
Best side:

Bosporus view.
Spectacular view !!!

View to Taksim square / swimming pool is quite boring.
Hmmm.... Wondering if I should have booked a club room with a view of the river. Perhaps they'll be nice to me as an Ambassador (but the joke among those who've travelled with me is that I've got one of those faces that never gets a good view ).
Old Dec 17, 2009, 11:21 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Priority Club Blue, SPG Gold, Sofitel Gold, FB Ivory, BA Blue
Originally Posted by Internaut
Hmmm.... Wondering if I should have booked a club room with a view of the river. Perhaps they'll be nice to me as an Ambassador (but the joke among those who've travelled with me is that I've got one of those faces that never gets a good view ).
I did actually get a room with a pretty decent view and the hotel honours Ambassador benefits quite well.
Old Dec 23, 2009, 7:26 am

My stay at the Ceylan was lovely by the way. The room was nice, Internet was nice and the restaurants and bars fine. I particularly recommend the Safran restaurant and City Lights bar, both on the top floor with great view of the city. An amenity (a litre of water, nuts, dried fruits and Turkish Delight) was refreshed in my room daily and the cost of using the internet in room was reasonable.

Breakfast was included in the very reasonable off season weekend break package and is one of the better breakfast buffets I've encountered.

Perhaps because Turkey predominantly Muslim, drinks from the minibar and at the bar were frighteningly expensive. I never expected to find the cost of a drink to be more expensive than in Oman (though to be fair, for spirits, the measures were bigger)!
Old Dec 26, 2009, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
Originally Posted by brosnan6
Will Priority Club Platinum get any elite benefits at this hotel? We've never stayed at an IC hotel using the PC status...any chance of upgrades, club level, etc?
Platinum status is relevant for crowne plaza & holiday inn hotels, at Intercontinental hotels, it is the ambassador status that matters. If you don't have any ambassador status, don't expect anything in terms of bennies. btw, if you want ambassador, you can purchase it for $150 and get 5K points and a bogo for an ic weekend stay with the package.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.