Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Ceylan Istanbul Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2021, 6:26 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb., Marriott Gold, FB Plat, BAEC Silver
Thanks escape4 for this review, I will stay here next week.
escape4 likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2022, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I am thinking of an Istanbul trip and reviewed this thread to see the latest. I have stayed here many times, but I see that I never posted about a stay that I will never forget. About 5 years ago, this hotel saved my eyesight and maybe worse. My suite was on a lower floor, facing the Besiktas football stadium. I was working at my desk while a big match was going on. I heard loud booms each time a goal was scored. Later I wasn't really paying attention and I was physically knocked back by a huge explosion. It turned out that there was a bomb attack just outside the stadium, and between this hotel and the stadium. Thank goodness the bombers waited til the fans left, but still lots of people died. The next morning I walked outside towards the stadium. The first building I encountered had all its windows blown out. That's when it hit me that it was only thanks to the very heavy, probably bulletproof glass that this hotel had installed, that my large window facing the stadium wasn't blow into my body and face.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-38276794
escape4 likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2022, 6:03 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
I used a Chase free night for one night of luxury here before moving to an AirBnb. I was given a room with a stunning view over the Bosphorus and I could see the Besiktas stadium on the left. Staff were lovely, always ready to help. Hotel is a short walk from the Taksim Havaist stop so easy to access from either airport. I was very happy with my first post-Covid use of a cert!
Old Jul 30, 2022, 5:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Club lounge closed permanently on high floor

Well, Istanbul is probably initiating the evolution of the club lounge concept in preparation at Milestone Rewards: the high-rise club lounge, with a view and meeting room, is closed "for renovation".

But the manager of duty has informed me that this place will be permanently closed, and will be replaced by a ground floor lounge.

Currently, the proposed alternative is Veranda, at the restaurant on the ground floor, with no dedicated space or staff, and obviously no view.

No information was given at the time of booking and check-in.

No more club lounge with a view

Renovation of the former club into a suite.

Last edited by nicolas75; Jul 30, 2022 at 12:19 pm
Old Jul 30, 2022, 6:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Complete renovation of the hotel

InterContinental Istanbul will undergo a complete renovation of the property, starting with the lobby in October 2022, then with rooms.

The renovation will be "at the highest standards", according to the Manager of Duty, who saw the project.

I asked him if it would look as the [horrible] current concept suite. He replied it will be at the standard of the Raffles Istanbul.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 7:39 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb., Marriott Gold, FB Plat, BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by nicolas75
Well, Istanbul is probably initiating the evolution of the club lounge concept in preparation at Milestone Rewards: the high-rise club lounge, with a view and meeting room, is closed "for renovation".

But the manager of duty has informed me that this place will be permanently closed, and will be replaced by a ground floor lounge.

Currently, the proposed alternative is Veranda, at the restaurant on the ground floor, with no dedicated space or staff, and obviously no view.

No information was given at the time of booking and check-in
Ouch, that's very sad. Last year I really loved the lounge with the view.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by jongesander
Ouch, that's very sad. Last year I really loved the lounge with the view.
Yes sad. I've enjoyed this lounge and the views many times over the years. Excellent service.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 5:01 am
jxd

InterContinental Istanbul will undergo a complete renovation of the property, starting with the lobby in October 2022, then with rooms.

The renovation will be "at the highest standards", according to the Manager of Duty, who saw the project.

I asked him if it would look as the [horrible] current concept suite. He replied it will be at the standard of the Raffles Istanbul.
About time!
Old Jul 31, 2022, 5:09 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
The lounge was a highlight of the hotel. Too bad it's being eliminated in its current form.

Regarding the comparison to Raffles this is probably a modest exaggeration - Raffles is possibly top 10 in the city, if not top 5. And if it was true then no need to keep IC branding, might as well make it Six Senses, which IHG already has in the city although not participating yet.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by escape4
If it was true then no need to keep IC branding, might as well make it Six Senses, which IHG already has in the city although not participating yet.
Six Senses Kocatas Mansions is a lovely but small and remote property.

Istanbul could easily have a Regent, in addition to St Regis, Raffles, Four Seasons, Shangri La, Kempinski, Ritz Carlton, Park Hyatt and the future Pensinsula at Karaköy Passenger Terminal.
MeltingAlf likes this.

Last edited by nicolas75; Aug 1, 2022 at 11:25 pm
Old Aug 1, 2022, 12:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Detailed review of my stay in August 2022.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Galata Suite
Old Mar 27, 2023, 12:51 am

Programs: BA Silver, PR Elite, Avis Preferred Plus, PC Diamond Ambassador
Any news on the status of the renovations here? Is the club lounge permanently closed in its previous location. Wording on the hotel website is imprecise and implies everything returns to as previous this April.
Old Mar 27, 2023, 1:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Modo
Is the club lounge permanently closed in its previous location.
When I stayed at this hotel last summer, I was said that the former club lounge would be transformed into a suite, and would be permanently located on the ground floor.

The good news is that the club is bigger and has a pleasant garden (but obviously no view).
Old Mar 28, 2023, 7:04 am

Programs: BA Silver, PR Elite, Avis Preferred Plus, PC Diamond Ambassador
When I stayed at this hotel last summer, I was said that the former club lounge would be transformed into a suite, and would be permanently located on the ground floor.

The good news is that the club is bigger and has a pleasant garden (but obviously no view).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.