Wiki Posts
Search

IHG Program Update March 2022

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2022, 2:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by ninjalad
Before getting too excited about suite upgrades I fear that they will be to a junior suite in more upmarket hotels and in an HI with one suite only you might need the moon to be in the right phase
Have you actually read the new member benefits page? Because it's very clear what sort of upgrade will be given

https://www.ihg.com/content/gb/en/cu...er-tc/2nd-page

Confirmable Suite Upgrade: Confirmable Suite Upgrades will be applicable for one room upgrade to an entry-level suite or premium room where a suite is not available.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 2:35 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Spire RA
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
Have you actually read the new member benefits page? Because it's very clear what sort of upgrade will be given

https://www.ihg.com/content/gb/en/cu...er-tc/2nd-page

Confirmable Suite Upgrade: Confirmable Suite Upgrades will be applicable for one room upgrade to an entry-level suite or premium room where a suite is not available.
I believe ninjalad said nothing else what you confirm with the quote from the T&C's. So, nothing to get excited about
Old Jun 15, 2022, 2:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by boekel
I believe ninjalad said nothing else what you confirm with the quote from the T&C's. So, nothing to get excited about
If they had read the website then they woudn't have wrote

"I fear that they will be to a junior suite ..."
Old Jun 15, 2022, 2:56 am

Programs: BAEC, Flying Club, HHonors, Gold Passport, IHG Rewards, Le Club Accor, Club Carlson
Originally Posted by ninjalad
Before getting too excited about suite upgrades I fear that they will be to a junior suite in more upmarket hotels and in an HI with one suite only you might need the moon to be in the right phase
I am ok with a Junior Suite upgrade that is confirmed at booking, still a reasonable upgrade that is locked in; especially in expensive markets.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 4:37 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
I am also fine with junior suite, but as the programme language suggests "entry-level suite" it for sure won't be one bedroom suites.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 5:00 am

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
If they had read the website then they woudn't have wrote

"I fear that they will be to a junior suite ..."
exactly, you might get a better upgrade, but he fears that you shouldn't hold your breath for that.

semantics
Old Jun 15, 2022, 5:53 am

Programs: BAEC, Flying Club, HHonors, Gold Passport, IHG Rewards, Le Club Accor, Club Carlson
Does anyone know if there is any strategy as to when to take your lounge pass. I am on course to achieve this sometime in late Oct, however I have been thinking with the 90 rule, would it be beneficial to take in January? I ask as my understanding is that the lounge option gives you the current year and next, so if you activated on say 2nd of Jan would that give you 2023 and 2024?
cln likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 6:52 am

Originally Posted by TheWiseOne
Does anyone know if there is any strategy as to when to take your lounge pass. I am on course to achieve this sometime in late Oct, however I have been thinking with the 90 rule, would it be beneficial to take in January? I ask as my understanding is that the lounge option gives you the current year and next, so if you activated on say 2nd of Jan would that give you 2023 and 2024?
nope it will be the year you achieve the threshold plus the following year. You don't win anything waiting for Jan 23
TheWiseOne likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 1:49 pm
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
nope it will be the year you achieve the threshold plus the following year. You don't win anything waiting for Jan 23
Same for exec lounge access?
Old Jun 15, 2022, 1:57 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
I agree this makes sense, but what is your justification? The T&C seem to indicate selecting it in Jan. 2023 will provide 2 years (2023 and 2024) of lounge access.

Excepts taken from https://www.ihg.com/content/gb/en/cu...er-tc/2nd-page
Once a milestone is reached, Members have 90 days to select a benefit on the IHG website or IHG App, otherwise, the benefit is forfeited.
Once Annual Lounge Membership is chosen it will be valid to the end of the year plus an additional 12 months (E.g., Annual Lounge Membership Milestone choice selected June 2022 will be valid until 31 December 2023)
Annual Lounge Membership rewards do not accumulate. Member only needs to select Annual Lounge Membership once (at either the 40-night or 70-night Milestone) to maximise value for the Member and enjoy it through to the end of year plus 12 months.
jphripjah likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 1:55 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
Do the 5 nights suite upgrade certificate apply also on reward stays ?

if I have 3 separate reward stays for consecutive nights (total 5 nights) can I apply the 5 nights upgrade certificate?

thanks
Old Jun 16, 2022, 2:18 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
I’m sure I read it has to best available flexible rate. Prepaid rates aren’t valid either.
ernie8575 and Dav77 like this.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 2:43 am

Originally Posted by Dav77
Do the 5 nights suite upgrade certificate apply also on reward stays ?

if I have 3 separate reward stays for consecutive nights (total 5 nights) can I apply the 5 nights upgrade certificate?

thanks
it is meant to be coming but not available yet. No timeline on when they will be accepted as a part of reward bookings.
Dav77 likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 8:10 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Sindhorn Midtown Hotel in Bangkok refused to give diamond member free breakfast.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by jlcchien
Sindhorn Midtown Hotel in Bangkok refused to give diamond member free breakfast.
Have you contacted IHG? I am interested to know how IHG responded.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.