Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG Program Update March 2022

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2022, 12:19 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Kimpton Fitzroy London provided at checkin:

- acknowledgement of Diamond status

* Diamond choice of:

breakfast daily for 2 persons at their coffeeshop or at the restaurant
---> continental buffet + 1 hot item at both venues

or

raid the bar credit Ł15

or

points 1500 or 1000 something

No upgrade from "Corner suite" to "Fitzroy suite" (was already occupied & booked)
Solved with a big bottle of very nice champers

And received daily at turndown a dessert platter with the most calories laden heavenly pies
(could be because of InnerCircle)

Last edited by HadesNL; Jun 7, 2022 at 4:12 pm
Old Jun 7, 2022, 1:27 pm

Programs: Life
Originally Posted by escape4
Among the hotels where you stayed in Istanbul, did that include IC and you received a suite there?
​​​​​​Stayed at the IC mid-April , got upgraded to lounge access and breakfast at the restaurant. Stayed again at crowne plazas in late May and got suite upgrades, breakfast and lounge access.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 2:56 pm

Programs: BA / IHG / Hilton / Hertz / Avis
Just checked in at HI Marseille. No acknowledgment of diamond status, no offer of points or drink (had already pre booked breakfast long before). No upgrade, refused extended checkout as they were full the next day but on showing IHG app availability for next day they backtracked with pain but only until 1pm. All in all one of the worst IHG check in experiences I have ever had and this a new property!!! I have supported the brand throughout due to the location of their properties, but based on my recent Hilton and Radisson experiences I won’t be for much longer. IHG management need a vote of no confidence from shareholders.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 5:59 pm

The milestone awards are now showing available to choose is there a dedicated thread discussing the various options?
Old Jun 7, 2022, 7:08 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by HHonors OUTSIDER
The milestone awards are now showing available to choose is there a dedicated thread discussing the various options?
Yes, my account now shows me as eligible to choose a milestone reward as i've stayed 26 nights so dar this year. It says four nights to my next reward.

I had my eye on a confirmable suite upgrade.

I see it says five nights maximum, so that's good, I thought it was four nights.

However, from reading the rules, am I correct that confirmable suite upgrades CANNOT be used on points stays? It says:

"Confirmable Suite Upgrade can only be applied to stays that are on an eligible rate, e.g., Best Flexible, Member Discount, Government, and select Corporate and package rates "

https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/cu.../2nd-page.html

It's very unfortunate if they can't be used on points bookings. Almost all my stays are on points, I can usually find good value buying points for half a cent each and then using them to book rooms, especially with the 4th night free benefit.

Last edited by jphripjah; Jun 7, 2022 at 7:17 pm
Old Jun 7, 2022, 7:12 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I would also point out that my account says I have to choose my reward by September 9 (94 days from now) and the reward expires 365 days after issuance. So there's no reason to choose the reward until you're ready to use it or until it's about to expire.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 8:27 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
8 nights has posted to my acct so far this year, yet I am allowed to choose milestone for 30 nights
Old Jun 7, 2022, 8:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I can see the 5000 point option in my milestone awards now, but also an empty box with a link that takes me to a 10,000 point option. I guess the IT staff has some more work to do.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 11:00 pm

Food & Beverage Rewards coming soon! While Food & Beverage Rewards are not available for use at hotels quite yet, you can still select this reward for use later this year. Stay tuned for more details.

Seeing this for a check-in at IHG Tahiti tomorrow

TD
Old Jun 8, 2022, 2:51 am

Programs: IC Ambassador, IHG Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Miles & More FT
I had positive experience when traveling during last 2 weeks with Diamond recognition and applying of new rules. Stayed on points at CP Copenhagen and one paid stay at CP Venice East Italy. In both cases was given free breakfast and standard upgrade. In CP Venice I heard manager explaining to younger member of staff that free breakfast is now Diamond privilege.
ernestnywang likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 4:03 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
When people report their Diamond experiences I would find it helpful to know if they're on a paid or points stay.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 4:35 am

Programs: IHG Rewards
Originally Posted by Keefy-boy
When people report their Diamond experiences I would find it helpful to know if they're on a paid or points stay.
so only cash pay is eligible for the breakfast benefit?
Old Jun 8, 2022, 4:39 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by charliechan51
That's what I'd like to establish. From what I've read I think the most widely held interpretation of the new rules is that the breakfast benefit should apply on points stays, just be helpful to hear how that's playing out in practice. I've got 5 or 6 points stays in the next 2 months so it's of considerable interest to me!
Old Jun 8, 2022, 4:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by charliechan51
I think that's one of things we're hoping to find out. I understand that mining the T&C and other published rules suggests award stays are to be treated as cash stays. Though with all things IHG, there can be a gap between intention and practise.

Under the ancien regime there was a clear rule-based distinction between paid stays and award stays. In practice I found the difference rarely applied fully, making the odd occasions it was imposed annoying in the extreme.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 5:23 am

Programs: IHG Rewards
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
I think that's one of things we're hoping to find out. I understand that mining the T&C and other published rules suggests award stays are to be treated as cash stays. Though with all things IHG, there can be a gap between intention and practise.

Under the ancien regime there was a clear rule-based distinction between paid stays and award stays. In practice I found the difference rarely applied fully, making the odd occasions it was imposed annoying in the extreme.
This is hard to apply to previous experience as the upgrade process is handle by IHG CS directly, I suspect it is treat like the free night before and IHG will pay the hotel the price difference.
Really not hoping the point stay is not eligible for that especially they are keep selling point and many member should bought it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.