Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

Stay 4 times to earn up to 4x bonus points (Fall 2019 promo, expired)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Stay 4 times to earn up to 4x bonus points (Fall 2019 promo, expired)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2019, 2:16 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sdsearch
There's two different dates in the promotion.

January 15th now appears to be the last date to book (or is it just the last date the first stay; I'm confused).

But January 31st now appears to be the last date to stay.

At least that what it says when I log in, go to offers, and click on this promotion. I suggest you do the same to make sure it says the same thing for you. IHG is famous for targeting promotions, and I don't know if they're giving slightly different terms of this 4x promotion to different people or not.

Anyway, IMHO it's confusing to say when this promotion "ends", because different aspects of it end at the different times.
The old T&C made it clear that:

You must register for the promotion by December 15, 2019.

Stays must booked by December 15, 2019 and completed by January 31, 2020.

It was universal to everyone registered.

What I am referring now is that IHG seemed to update the booking period from 15th December 2019 to 15th January 2020 as per reports.

I would like to know if this change is universal or only for few.
Old Dec 8, 2019, 3:01 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

I can confirm that my offer was “register and book by Dec 15,” and has now changed to Jan 15. I don’t know if this is universal, unfortunately.

I really like this promo, along with the Accelerate (tasks and 2x). The most generous hotel promo I’ve seen in a couple years.
FlyerTalker688786 likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2019, 8:47 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jpdx
I can confirm that my offer was “register and book by Dec 15,” and has now changed to Jan 15. I don’t know if this is universal, unfortunately.

I really like this promo, along with the Accelerate (tasks and 2x). The most generous hotel promo I’ve seen in a couple years.
Thanks. It does appear the change is pretty much universal.
Old Dec 20, 2019, 9:32 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
My last 2 stays booked under this promo, after have already completed 4 stays (last one with points x4) haven’t got credited points x4 ...

anyone else has experienced the same problem ?
Old Dec 20, 2019, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by Dav77
My last 2 stays booked under this promo, after have already completed 4 stays (last one with points x4) haven’t got credited points x4 ...

Same thing here, just spoke to ihg on the phone and kept getting told there was no 4x offer, then told last stay was past the expiry date of the offer, then finally told points will post within three weeks as has always been the case with stays for this offer. Tried to explain theyve posted on all other stays with this offer right away, but then I gave up as by that point I had already lost 45min if my life I wasn't getting back.
Old Dec 20, 2019, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by Dav77

perhaps it’s because you’ve reached the 200k cap?
Old Dec 20, 2019, 10:15 am

only had a few 1night stays unfortunately, not enough to hit the 200k cap
Old Dec 20, 2019, 3:53 pm

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Graf von B
perhaps it’s because you’ve reached the 200k cap?
no. Less than 30 k inside the 4 stays
Old Dec 20, 2019, 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by Tw33ty
only had a few 1night stays unfortunately, not enough to hit the 200k cap
The cap is per stay.
Old Dec 21, 2019, 5:38 am

Programs: IHG Spire for what its worth
been getting the extra fine for weeks, posting with the stay Last weeks stay - no bonus.
Old Dec 21, 2019, 10:16 am
Suspended

Programs: RIP
Originally Posted by jpdx

Probably correct as I just got todays email with my IHG monthly offers, and main feature is the 4x promo.
Old Dec 21, 2019, 1:37 pm

Programs: Delta DM, IHG Spire, Hertz PC, H.com Gold^3, lowly something on others...
Originally Posted by Lorian
been getting the extra fine for weeks, posting with the stay Last weeks stay - no bonus.
Same thing happened to me. 1st stay triggered, 2nd stay triggered, 3rd and 4th stay, nada. I called and got the same response that there is an issue and wait 4 weeks. Just like every promotion before, always some stay or some aspect of the promo gets screwed up. IHG's marketing and promotion team really sucks. Marriott and Hyatt rarely rarely have promotion posting issues. Between missing or messed up promotion posting and missing Welcome Bonus, IHG Rewards is one of the most painful hotel program in existence.
Old Dec 22, 2019, 2:06 am

Programs: IHG Spire Elite,Star Alliance
me too

Last stay only normal points and nowhere near the 200k cap
Old Dec 22, 2019, 4:49 am
Suspended

Programs: RIP
Originally Posted by Markx
Last stay only normal points and nowhere near the 200k cap
Same here.
Old Dec 22, 2019, 5:18 am

So the promotion 'ended' (unintentionally) on 15th December it appears. Any stay that started after this date was not awarded (15-18th December did post for me, but not 18-19th).

Obviously it is meant to go into January but they need to update the I.T code to reflect that

Classic IHG incompetence I would try to explain this to them but you meet a brick wall in the process.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.