Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

Stay 4 times to earn up to 4x bonus points (Fall 2019 promo, expired)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Stay 4 times to earn up to 4x bonus points (Fall 2019 promo, expired)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2019, 2:36 am

Programs: BAEC, Flying Club, HHonors, Gold Passport, IHG Rewards, Le Club Accor, Club Carlson
Originally Posted by VG3RMJC2
Completed a 1 night stay booked on 22, stay on 23, registered to the promo on 24 after checking out, and guess what? I received the 1k points posted with the stay points. Had another stay on 24, will monitor to see if I will get the double points.
I had a stay from the 24 to 26 and registered on the 25 whilst in the property. The 1k points poster without fail.
FlyerTalker688786 likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 3:03 am
In memoriam

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
My second stay last weekend also posted without problems (base 1257, Spire 1257, 4x 2x for 2nd stay 1257) and doubled up with my “two stays at Crowne Plaza” Accelerate offer. Tasty! Shifted a Marriott stay over the weekend for what will be my third stay.

What with the accelerate, the kicker and 4X bonus this is a great quarter at IHG!
Old Nov 1, 2019, 3:12 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Just had my first 1,000 point bonus posted. Stay also counted towards the (disappointing) Accelerate program (IC , Crowne Plaza done.. HI to do for 14.4k bonus)

Good move IHG - I will be booking another couple of short stays ahead of my 8 and 15 night IC stays in Nov / Jan - should be worth an extra 250-300k points for me in total!
Old Nov 1, 2019, 7:32 am

Shame it doesn't double the bonus point packages Only the base points. All adds up though. Will get 3x next week and will be up to 4x in less than a fortnight.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 11:10 am

Programs: BAEC Flying Blue
Anyone know if it applies to points stays as well?

I guess they are non qualifying in theory. Just depends how the IT works
Old Nov 1, 2019, 11:23 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by martinrennard
Anyone know if it applies to points stays as well?

I guess they are non qualifying in theory. Just depends how the IT works
You must stay with a QUALIFIED RATE [see T&C]. Thus award stay won't count.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 11:26 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Lionheart
Shame it doesn't double the bonus point packages Only the base points. All adds up though. Will get 3x next week and will be up to 4x in less than a fortnight.
You missed it. Back in September/October IHG run 50% bonus points based on Bonus Points Package is you stay at Crowne Plaza, Indigo and Voco (I think). Many members received 100% bonus offer instead of 50%. One 5,000 bonus points package in that time was awarded 2,500 bonus points after stay together with other points, and another 2,500 bonus points were awarded 4-6 weeks later. I remember it was offered at a relatively short booking window and only three brands are offered.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
So far, my pre-booked nights have counted for this promotion (I just got 2X points for a cheap stay in the HIX Bridgewater, UK). Furthermore, my two stays so far were booked before this promotion hit the airwaves.
FlyerTalker688786 likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 4:41 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Concerto
So far, my pre-booked nights have counted for this promotion (I just got 2X points for a cheap stay in the HIX Bridgewater, UK). Furthermore, my two stays so far were booked before this promotion hit the airwaves.
Yeah, like I said in this thread, do not trust customer service agent if it is not specifically mentioned in T&C. Glad it all worked out for you. I feel sorry for the posters above regarding cancel and rebook. So unnecessary.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 9:38 pm

Registered after booking my stays. I got my 5x points including spire bonus.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 11:03 pm

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Diamond, Hertz 5*
Do the bonus points earned count as base points for status? I did not see that mentioned in the T&C.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 11:06 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by DavidDTW
Do the bonus points earned count as base points for status? I did not see that mentioned in the T&C.
No they do not. Bonus points are bonus points and base points are base points The 1/5k packages seem to be the only exceptions
Old Nov 5, 2019, 3:35 am

Programs: BA Gold. IHG Diamond Elite / Ambassador
Does anyone know if this only going to be good for the first four stays between now and Jan 31st, or will 5th, 6th, 7th, etc stays be awarded the x4 bonus?

I've currently got five bookings, with the fifth being a big base points earner in mid January.

I'm thinking I might need to cancel the one refundable booking I have in December and look for a different chain for that night and another two December bookings I need to make.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 5:47 am
In memoriam

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Once you reach 4X all future stays to end January receive the 4X bonus.
fac383 likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 11:17 am

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Diamond, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by kauppias
No they do not. Bonus points are bonus points and base points are base points The 1/5k packages seem to be the only exceptions

Thanks. I didn't expect they would. Wishful thinking.... lol

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.