Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

Stay 4 times to earn up to 4x bonus points (Fall 2019 promo, expired)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Stay 4 times to earn up to 4x bonus points (Fall 2019 promo, expired)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2020, 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by darthbimmer
Will this get resolved correctly on its own
See that pig zooming across the sky- ask him.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 10:13 pm

Programs: HertzPresCircle, Virgin Atlantic Gold,Hil-Diam, Europcar Elite Vip, Emirates Gold, MarriottTitanium.
Originally Posted by darthbimmer
My last two stays under the "Up To 4X" promo have posted but without bonus points. My first two stays posted posted fine, with 1000 points and then 2x points. The stays that should have earned 3x and 4x posted with no bonus. Will this get resolved correctly on its own, or am I going to need to make multiple attempts working with IHG customer service to get my points?
Same.. Also didnt receive the x4 points on the last trip. Already filled in the form twice for missing points. No response at all from them..

I did receive today some promo e-mail saying:

Dear Itisme, You received 4,000 points.

Now, there are more options than ever to redeem a Reward Night when you combine points with cash..

__

Upon checking my account there isnt any 4000 points whatsoever so no clue what this is about..
Old Jan 26, 2020, 3:40 am

Stays since the 15th January all have this problem.
IHG Marketing Person needs to speak to the Programmer to remind them that the final booking date is 15th January, but the promotion runs until 31st.
Old Jan 26, 2020, 1:33 pm

Since my post this morning when I submitted the missing points claim form, they have already now given me the 4x points. Listed as " 4x Points - Goodwill " within my account activity. Fast for me Was another 6500 points, all adds up.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 11:25 pm

I made a reservation on January 16th the day after the deadline for a 1 night stay last week. The 4x the bonus points didn't post. So I filled out the missing points form last night saying I didn't get the 4x the points. Today the 4x points posted. I have a reservation I just made for this Thursday. Lets see if I get those 4x the bonus points.
Graf von B likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by Marriott15
I made a reservation on January 16th the day after the deadline for a 1 night stay last week. The 4x the bonus points didn't post. So I filled out the missing points form last night saying I didn't get the 4x the points. Today the 4x points posted. I have a reservation I just made for this Thursday. Lets see if I get those 4x the bonus points.
I am not getting mine for the last four stays. Ridiculous they never have issues with my credit card.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 9:39 am

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
I filed missing points requests last night for my two most recent stays. Two requests, same basic problem but on two stays within days of each other, filed within minutes of each other.... I got two completely different answers!

One request was answered with an apology and a commitment to post the points manually. They're already there this morning. The other request was answered with a brush-off excuse. "I’ve checked and it seems that we are still within the timeframe for the points to post, which is from 3 weeks after the stay. Be assured they are on their way."

No, I am not feeling assured the points will post correctly! To the contrary I am feeling more assured it's going to take more effort to get them now as they've failed to post normally and on my next contacts I'll have to overcome the additional obstacle that IHG Customer Care thinks the issue has already been resolved.
Old Feb 2, 2020, 5:15 am

Programs: IHG Rewards Club Spire Elite, Hilton HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Lionheart
Since my post this morning when I submitted the missing points claim form, they have already now given me the 4x points. Listed as " 4x Points - Goodwill " within my account activity. Fast for me Was another 6500 points, all adds up.
Logged 7 “missing points from promotion” claims for my stays between 15th and 31st January just over 2 hours ago and all have just been resolved and the missing points credited to my account in the same way. Result!
Old Feb 2, 2020, 11:01 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, United Gold, IHG Amb Plat, HHonors Diamond(Aspire), Bonvoy LT Plat, Hyatt Globalist
This is the brush-off they gave me.... I've got 2 stays that didn't post correctly worth around 50,000 pts. I'm sure I will be letting them know in 3 weeks so they can manually post to my account and I can spend another half hour messing around with them. Annoying.

I'd like to share with you that as per the promotion's terms and condition, it might take 2 to 3 weeks after checkout for the bonus points to be credited in your account. No worries, you have our assurance that this is a qualifying stay and shall be entitled for the bonus points.

Should the points do not reflect with in the given time frame, please let us know so we can manually add it on your account.

Please accept my apologies, as I am aware that this is not the response you would be hoping for. I do hope this will not deter you from considering IHG in the future.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 7:59 am

Programs: HertzPresCircle, Virgin Atlantic Gold,Hil-Diam, Europcar Elite Vip, Emirates Gold, MarriottTitanium.
Anyone know a e-mail where to send in missing pts requests? Already filled in the online form 4 times now over the last weeks and never any response or points added.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by olympian
Logged 7 “missing points from promotion” claims for my stays between 15th and 31st January just over 2 hours ago and all have just been resolved and the missing points credited to my account in the same way. Result!
Check if they have now re-posted the same points.
My points were manually processed by the CS Agent via the missing points form as I described before.

However IHG appear to have now done a machine-led run of generating the missing points from the promotion - presumably for everyone - and therefore I have another 15,000 points today
Old Feb 4, 2020, 4:37 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Originally Posted by Lionheart
However IHG appear to have now done a machine-led run of generating the missing points from the promotion - presumably for everyone - and therefore I have another 15,000 points today
Thanks for the tip. I checked my account and found the same. ...Not quite 15,000 points for me, but everything that failed to post with its related stays.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 5:21 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, IHG Spire, AMEX Plat
Not such luck yet would have been nice as the one stay that failed to post was worth just under 14k points.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 9:19 pm

I had a random 43k points show up today with the only explanation saying 4x bonus. Even though I am pretty sure I had all of mine accounted for already. So I will take it.

I ended up netting over 350k points in January alone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.