Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 30, 2019, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: craigthemif
A new season and a new IHG Accelerate promotion. Answers to some Frequently Asked Questions below:

For newcomers to IHG promotions, note that Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn (including Holiday Inn Resorts) are two different brand categories for these things. If your dashboard says 'stay at a Holiday Inn Express' as one of the tasks and you stay at a Holiday Inn, it will NOT credit for the Holiday Inn Express task. (and vice versa)

For a task that says 'Stay X number of times at a Holiday Inn Express' (or Holiday Inn, Intercontinental, etc.) each stay must be at a different property for it to fully credit rather than staying at the same property multiple times.

An award stay only counts toward a task that specifically requires an award stay and will not count toward other tasks and night requirements for the purposes of the promotion. (Award stays do count toward general elite qualification, but that's outside this promotion)

'Redeem points' award nights only count for the 'redeem points' task and no other tasks. (example- an award night does not count toward 'Stay X number of nights')

At IHG, points + cash stays are simply points stays where you bought some of the points at the time of the reservation. Once you finish the reservation, a points + cash stay shows as a points stay. Thus points + cash stays only count for tasks where they are specified, and not other tasks.

Other than the tasks for redeeming points and point + cash reservations, tasks are generally very stackable. Enjoy the game of figuring out how to get the most out of the least amount of nights and money.

Doing a points + cash booking and then cancelling it does NOT trigger a 'buy points' task completion. A 'buy points' task is a points transaction that is processed through points.com

The 'pay with your IHG credit card' task has typically been very slow to post. If it does within about two weeks of completing a stay, that's relatively quick, and it will often be several weeks beyond that, depending on when your statement closing date is and how IHG's system sweep is timed.

Some offers require booking within the promotion period in addition to staying during the promotion period.

Registration & dashboard link:

https://www.ihg.com/content/gb/en/offers/accelerate2019
Print Wikipost

New Accelerate Promotion (May 01, 2019 - August 31, 2019

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2019, 5:09 am

Programs: UA Plat 2.2MM, AA nobody, IHG Gold, HH Silver
Well, my dashboard updated with a stay I didn't make....
Old Jul 27, 2019, 7:33 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by OtleyFlyer
Well, my dashboard updated with a stay I didn't make....
Figures. I wonder what wire got crossed, and whose stay it was.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Mine certainly hasn't updated and I am hoping it won't at this stage. Just hope I can get the rest of it sorted out. It will count on me getting a good call center agent when I call.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 4:34 am

Programs: IHG, Radisson Rewards, EuroBonus, Norwegian Reward
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
Has anybody already checked with IHG how the weekend August 30 to September 1 works? I am in doubt whether this counts as a weekend stay and two nights as the T&C refer to a "Saturday night" and the night is within the promotion period, however you never can be sure with these guys....
I am sorry for bumping up this old post, but I cannot see that it has been answered yet. Has anyone figured this out yet? The T&C are not clear on this topic at all.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Nothing on my dashboard so far despite 3 qualifying events for a task.

Customer care was kind enough to send a reminder that they are aware of my inquiry, but it's all up to IT, so there's nothing they can do about it. I'll just have to be patient.

Actually, there is something I can do in the meanwhile ... not spend any money with IHG for a paid stay.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 5:55 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Nothing on my dashboard so far despite 3 qualifying events for a task.

Customer care was kind enough to send a reminder that they are aware of my inquiry, but it's all up to IT, so there's nothing they can do about it. I'll just have to be patient.

Actually, there is something I can do in the meanwhile ... not spend any money with IHG for a paid stay.
As we speak I'm in the process of performing two tasks. I check out on Tuesday. My next stay is in November (for 30 days). Hope I get some new tasks by then. But, if they don't post my July completed tasks before my next stay, I'll be staying somewhere else. I'm not throwing away bonus points.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 7:27 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I've just sent an email off to them. Will complete my 4th target this weekend, with only the first back in the first week or so of May having paid out so far.

Added: Couple of hours after sending the email, and getting an automated "we've received your email" type response, I got a email back saying "sorry, here's the points" etc.

Last edited by xenole; Jul 30, 2019 at 2:23 pm
Old Aug 1, 2019, 7:44 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
As we speak I'm in the process of performing two tasks. I check out on Tuesday. My next stay is in November (for 30 days). Hope I get some new tasks by then. But, if they don't post my July completed tasks before my next stay, I'll be staying somewhere else. I'm not throwing away bonus points.
Update: Checked out on July 30th, all my tasks and bonus points posted overnight on the 31st. Shocking I tell you. I guess I'll keep my upcoming booking after all, since the program is working, for now.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 4:53 am

Programs: IC Amb, IHG Plat
Question:
Current Accelerate program will end on October 31,2019.
If I booked hotel room for November vacation right now, and there is new challenge program later on November. Will my bookings count in?
Old Aug 6, 2019, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I thought it ended on the 31st August? Or are you referring to the other parallel Accelerate which seems to be running just now? I have to say, I haven't studied the thread about that at all.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 8:51 pm

Programs: IC Amb, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Concerto
I thought it ended on the 31st August? Or are you referring to the other parallel Accelerate which seems to be running just now? I have to say, I haven't studied the thread about that at all.
Yes, my registered Accelerate program is running from July 1 - Oct 31. So, if i book hotel for November trip right now, there will be no effect on the program, right?
Old Aug 7, 2019, 1:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
Late this his party but my targets are as follows

9000 - stay 6 nights

21600 - stay at 3 brands

8400 - stay 2 weekends including a Saturday night

2800 - stay at 2 IHG hotels

4000 - 1 stay of at least 4 consecutive nights (already awarded and included in the posting of the actual stay)

45800 - for doing all the above

This was much better than the previous quarter - almost double in fact for achieving all the challenges
Originally Posted by Concerto
Now you just have to hope that the whole thing posts properly as you're working through it.
Have had two recent stays

After the 1st I achieved some more of my targets and the points for those posted with the stay points.

Same with the 2nd stay - targets met and points posted

Just waiting for the final 45,800 for achieving all the other targets to post. Will wait a couple of days and then chase if they haven't posted qutomatically
Old Aug 7, 2019, 4:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Oddly, I have always found the Accelerate thing surprisingly reliable with posting, so I really am at a loss as to why it didn't work this time. Quite happy to finish the current promotion with retroactive manual posting, despite the inconvenience. As for the next promo, we will see..
Points Scrounger likes this.

Last edited by Concerto; Aug 7, 2019 at 4:01 pm Reason: typo
Old Aug 7, 2019, 11:02 am

All of my Accelerate task points posted quickly throughout the promotion (which I just completed on Monday). I earned 39,900 points which was lower than last year's Accelerate offer for me, but since I didn't really have to substantially change any travel plans to earn the points, I'm happy.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 11:15 am

Has anyone here who registered for the Platinum elite fast track and stayed 5 nights as required to keep it, received an expiration date of December 2020 on their status? I stayed 5 nights and the expiration date shows expiring Dec 2019

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.