Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 30, 2019, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: craigthemif
A new season and a new IHG Accelerate promotion. Answers to some Frequently Asked Questions below:

For newcomers to IHG promotions, note that Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn (including Holiday Inn Resorts) are two different brand categories for these things. If your dashboard says 'stay at a Holiday Inn Express' as one of the tasks and you stay at a Holiday Inn, it will NOT credit for the Holiday Inn Express task. (and vice versa)

For a task that says 'Stay X number of times at a Holiday Inn Express' (or Holiday Inn, Intercontinental, etc.) each stay must be at a different property for it to fully credit rather than staying at the same property multiple times.

An award stay only counts toward a task that specifically requires an award stay and will not count toward other tasks and night requirements for the purposes of the promotion. (Award stays do count toward general elite qualification, but that's outside this promotion)

'Redeem points' award nights only count for the 'redeem points' task and no other tasks. (example- an award night does not count toward 'Stay X number of nights')

At IHG, points + cash stays are simply points stays where you bought some of the points at the time of the reservation. Once you finish the reservation, a points + cash stay shows as a points stay. Thus points + cash stays only count for tasks where they are specified, and not other tasks.

Other than the tasks for redeeming points and point + cash reservations, tasks are generally very stackable. Enjoy the game of figuring out how to get the most out of the least amount of nights and money.

Doing a points + cash booking and then cancelling it does NOT trigger a 'buy points' task completion. A 'buy points' task is a points transaction that is processed through points.com

The 'pay with your IHG credit card' task has typically been very slow to post. If it does within about two weeks of completing a stay, that's relatively quick, and it will often be several weeks beyond that, depending on when your statement closing date is and how IHG's system sweep is timed.

Some offers require booking within the promotion period in addition to staying during the promotion period.

Registration & dashboard link:

https://www.ihg.com/content/gb/en/offers/accelerate2019
Print Wikipost

New Accelerate Promotion (May 01, 2019 - August 31, 2019

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2019, 7:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by xenole
No June offer for me either, and still no sign of any Accelerate points.
Ditto
Old Jun 10, 2019, 11:52 am

Programs: Bonvoy Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG SA
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Ditto
No sign of any Accelerate points for me, although I have the June offer.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 3:31 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Glad to hear I'm not the only one whose points are showing up. I've actually completed all my challenges as of last Sunday and my Accelerate Page hasn't updated yet.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 3:38 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
I contacted IHG via Twitter and they said they I should wait 2-3 weeks for stays to update on the Accelerate promotion, as per the T&Cs.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 3:53 pm

Programs: NEXUS, Aeroplan, SkyMiles, WestJet, IHG Platinum, IC Ambassador
I haven't completed any of my challenges yet but 2 of them are showing as "50%" completed and include my most recent stay (03-05 June 2019). I've got an upcoming stay this weekend which should complete both of those challenges so it'll be interesting to see how long it takes for the dashboard to update.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 7:38 pm

I'm trying to kill two birds with one stone. If I book a P&C stay for later this month, will I knock out both requirements (June stay and P&C?)

June Bonus Offer
Stay once in June and get 2,000 bonus points.

Stay for Less and Earn
Book 1 stay(s) using Points & Cash and earn 4,500 bonus points.

Thanks!
Old Jun 12, 2019, 7:02 am

Programs: IHG - spire amb, Marriot - tit, Radisson - plat, Hilton - gold, Accor -gold, GHA - plat
Read the T+C for June. Most likely not as in the past p+c were not eligible for similar offers.
Originally Posted by OPman21
I'm trying to kill two birds with one stone. If I book a P&C stay for later this month, will I knock out both requirements (June stay and P&C?)

June Bonus Offer
Stay once in June and get 2,000 bonus points.

Stay for Less and Earn
Book 1 stay(s) using Points & Cash and earn 4,500 bonus points.

Thanks!
Old Jun 12, 2019, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Here's an odd data point.

I got an email today that I had completed my first task. It looks like they credited me for completing this one:

Spend on your IHG® Rewards Club Select Credit Card
Book and pay for one stay with your IHG® Rewards Club Credit Card and 1,500 earn bonus points.

The thing is, my only stay during the promo period was an award stay, paid for using my annual Chase free night cert. I did use my IHG card for the guarantee, but I think I used another card at check in. Nor did I charge anything to my room. I just double-checked my credit card accounts at Chase, and no charges have posted. So I'm not sure what triggered the task completion. Surely this shouldn't count. Not that I'm complaining.

And though it may be erroneous, at least it was quick. Checkout 6/03, credit card statement 6/09, points posted to my account 6/11.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
I would be grateful for any data points. For those who've got the new June offer (and the apparent loosening of the Achievement bonus criteria), it would be nice to hear from somebody who completed a June stay and had their Achievement bonus tracker update to 33% or whatever. (i.e. definitely proving that the June stay target counts as one of the 3 out of 4 offers...)
Old Jun 13, 2019, 2:05 am

I stayed in June, got the 3k points and task completed, but it didn't update the overall % of tasks completed unfortunately.
craigthemif likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 6:00 am

Apologies for the dumb question but I've look all through the FAQ on the IHG site and through the wiki here and I just can't find the answer on my own:

Do the bonus points earned during these Accelerate promotions count towards elite status qualification or are they simply reward points?

Be gentle, I'm a newb.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 6:53 am

Programs: IHG - spire amb, Marriot - tit, Radisson - plat, Hilton - gold, Accor -gold, GHA - plat
Originally Posted by Croptop
Apologies for the dumb question but I've look all through the FAQ on the IHG site and through the wiki here and I just can't find the answer on my own:

Do the bonus points earned during these Accelerate promotions count towards elite status qualification or are they simply reward points?

Be gentle, I'm a newb.
reward points only, unicorns do not exist, sadly
Old Jun 13, 2019, 7:04 am

Originally Posted by dimon84
reward points only, unicorns do not exist, sadly
Thanks for the response. I was fairly certain that was the case but I just couldn't find any solid statement one way or another. I'm going to be completing two of my tasks with a 2 day stay this coming weekend and I just wanted to level my expectations.
dimon84 likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 9:24 am

Programs: Delta
I have stays that were over 3 weeks ago and nothing is updating on my Accelerate dashboard. I contacted IHG via email and they said all bonus points would have to be manually added. They didn't know what was wrong with the dashboard. I emailed back this morning with all my stay information and which points are missing.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 4:36 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG SA
Originally Posted by trek2
I have stays that were over 3 weeks ago and nothing is updating on my Accelerate dashboard. I contacted IHG via email and they said all bonus points would have to be manually added. They didn't know what was wrong with the dashboard. I emailed back this morning with all my stay information and which points are missing.
Similar experience here.
Yesterday, I got an email reply from IHG telling me that they have confirmed my progress as per my previous stays. Also, they already submitted it to their technical team for a fix and they should be updated accordingly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.