Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 30, 2019, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: craigthemif
A new season and a new IHG Accelerate promotion. Answers to some Frequently Asked Questions below:

For newcomers to IHG promotions, note that Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn (including Holiday Inn Resorts) are two different brand categories for these things. If your dashboard says 'stay at a Holiday Inn Express' as one of the tasks and you stay at a Holiday Inn, it will NOT credit for the Holiday Inn Express task. (and vice versa)

For a task that says 'Stay X number of times at a Holiday Inn Express' (or Holiday Inn, Intercontinental, etc.) each stay must be at a different property for it to fully credit rather than staying at the same property multiple times.

An award stay only counts toward a task that specifically requires an award stay and will not count toward other tasks and night requirements for the purposes of the promotion. (Award stays do count toward general elite qualification, but that's outside this promotion)

'Redeem points' award nights only count for the 'redeem points' task and no other tasks. (example- an award night does not count toward 'Stay X number of nights')

At IHG, points + cash stays are simply points stays where you bought some of the points at the time of the reservation. Once you finish the reservation, a points + cash stay shows as a points stay. Thus points + cash stays only count for tasks where they are specified, and not other tasks.

Other than the tasks for redeeming points and point + cash reservations, tasks are generally very stackable. Enjoy the game of figuring out how to get the most out of the least amount of nights and money.

Doing a points + cash booking and then cancelling it does NOT trigger a 'buy points' task completion. A 'buy points' task is a points transaction that is processed through points.com

The 'pay with your IHG credit card' task has typically been very slow to post. If it does within about two weeks of completing a stay, that's relatively quick, and it will often be several weeks beyond that, depending on when your statement closing date is and how IHG's system sweep is timed.

Some offers require booking within the promotion period in addition to staying during the promotion period.

Registration & dashboard link:

https://www.ihg.com/content/gb/en/offers/accelerate2019
Print Wikipost

New Accelerate Promotion (May 01, 2019 - August 31, 2019

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2019, 8:04 am

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by joe_miami
It appears IHG is breaking up the Accelerate offers into different periods for different members. I, too, was puzzled by being ineligible for the one that started in May, but today I received an Accelerate offer for July 1 to October 31. Anyone who wasn't eligible for the May offer should check their email and/or IHG account.

I assume the new promo should, as usual, have its own thread, so I started one here:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inte...l#post31239335
All that has happened in my account, is that several past Accelerate offers have resurfaced. No idea why.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 11:30 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
Do I need to re book a reservation for next week (booked 10 days ago) to count for this promo (registered just now) ?

Thanks.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 12:04 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Finally, I qualified for this accelerate offer and it's posted on my account. I only have one 5 night stay I plan on booking in July that will cover at least one of my tasks. It's better than nothing like last month.

​​​​
Old Jun 27, 2019, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by Dav77
Do I need to re book a reservation for next week (booked 10 days ago) to count for this promo (registered just now) ?

Thanks.
You must check the terms and conditions for that specific offer.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 6:30 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum, ALL Gold, Bonvoy Gold Elite, HHonors Gold
Well, that's me done then. More than half the Accelerate points on offer will be forfeited only because I can't do two 4-night stays before August. Hoping the next promo will be a bit more reasonable.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by groenroos
Well, that's me done then. More than half the Accelerate points on offer will be forfeited only because I can't do two 4-night stays before August. Hoping the next promo will be a bit more reasonable.
The idea of such promos it to make you booking more or differently, not just getting extra points for your regular travels
MikeFromTokyo likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 8:46 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
The idea of such promos it to make you booking more or differently, not just getting extra points for your regular travels
Mine will accidentally work out because I already have a planned 5 day stay I'm going to book. At least for me, I have never went out of my way to book more days than intended to meet rewards benefits on any hotel. But, unfortunately they make it almost impossible not to.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I went back in and had a look at the TCs but I didn't find anything that I might have done wrong when booking my two Bonus Points Package stays and my one and only Points & Cash booking. So is it back to old times then, when tasks took quite a long time to update on the dashboard, perhaps during a monthly sweep? My recent Accelerate experiences have shown that the offers post at the same time as the regular points for the stays.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 2:53 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Concerto
[...] perhaps during a monthly sweep? [...]
My first (and so far only) completed task has not appeared on the dashboard yet; IHG said it would take four to eight weeks to show up. That time range would be consistent with a monthly sweep (although one to five weeks would make a lot more sense to me).
Old Jul 1, 2019, 12:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by uastarflyer
Hiw long does the “pay for a stay with your IHG MasterCard” take to post? Is it linked to your CC monthly closing date? Anyone know?
Confirmed the task is marked off when the points from the credit card are applied to IHG - a few biz days after the monthly closing statement. I did one $250 stay using Select, and received 1250 tier qualifying points and 2750 total including 1500 task points. It shows up all in one line
Old Jul 3, 2019, 9:23 am

Programs: Southwest Companion Pass American Admirals Club Lifetime,IHG Rewards Spire,HHonors Gold
Hey I live in San Diego so if anyone wants to help me with one of my tasks I can offer some San Diego hospitality. ie. Rides to airport, Admirals Club access. Private message if interested.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 8:17 am

Programs: Delta
Has anyone been successful in getting their missing Accelerate points? My points starting back in May still haven't posted nor has my dashboard updated. IHG tells me they are working on it but its been weeks.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 8:54 am

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by trek2
Has anyone been successful in getting their missing Accelerate points? My points starting back in May still haven't posted nor has my dashboard updated. IHG tells me they are working on it but its been weeks.
Same here. Stay in May and June at intercontinental and holiday inn. Called and twittered IHG and they say give it 6 weeks. Getting frustrated. How can one task register but not others when clearly it will qualify. I expect the “Discover Our Brands” and the “June bonus offer” to be completed. I also used my IHG credit card. But I’ll wait till my statement closes before complaining about that one.

Old Jul 12, 2019, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Same "Don't Call Us, We'll Call You" boat with nothing posted.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I just wonder if it's got something to do with the difficulties we had in registering way back at the beginning. A lot of folk received messages saying they were not eligible for this promotion. I just sent IHG some messages through the missing points channel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.