Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 30, 2019, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: craigthemif
A new season and a new IHG Accelerate promotion. Answers to some Frequently Asked Questions below:

For newcomers to IHG promotions, note that Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn (including Holiday Inn Resorts) are two different brand categories for these things. If your dashboard says 'stay at a Holiday Inn Express' as one of the tasks and you stay at a Holiday Inn, it will NOT credit for the Holiday Inn Express task. (and vice versa)

For a task that says 'Stay X number of times at a Holiday Inn Express' (or Holiday Inn, Intercontinental, etc.) each stay must be at a different property for it to fully credit rather than staying at the same property multiple times.

An award stay only counts toward a task that specifically requires an award stay and will not count toward other tasks and night requirements for the purposes of the promotion. (Award stays do count toward general elite qualification, but that's outside this promotion)

'Redeem points' award nights only count for the 'redeem points' task and no other tasks. (example- an award night does not count toward 'Stay X number of nights')

At IHG, points + cash stays are simply points stays where you bought some of the points at the time of the reservation. Once you finish the reservation, a points + cash stay shows as a points stay. Thus points + cash stays only count for tasks where they are specified, and not other tasks.

Other than the tasks for redeeming points and point + cash reservations, tasks are generally very stackable. Enjoy the game of figuring out how to get the most out of the least amount of nights and money.

Doing a points + cash booking and then cancelling it does NOT trigger a 'buy points' task completion. A 'buy points' task is a points transaction that is processed through points.com

The 'pay with your IHG credit card' task has typically been very slow to post. If it does within about two weeks of completing a stay, that's relatively quick, and it will often be several weeks beyond that, depending on when your statement closing date is and how IHG's system sweep is timed.

Some offers require booking within the promotion period in addition to staying during the promotion period.

Registration & dashboard link:

https://www.ihg.com/content/gb/en/offers/accelerate2019
Print Wikipost

New Accelerate Promotion (May 01, 2019 - August 31, 2019

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2019, 10:17 am
Formerly known as fsa_ea

Programs: UA GS/1MM,AS 75k,NK GLD,AA 2MM,DL 2MM,LH FT,AY PLT,IC RA,FMT LT PLT,HYT GLB,HLT DIA,MRT GLD,HRTZ PC
Originally Posted by jotxl
i have the same problem, my cash&points stay will be in december, the bonuspoints for this task are already credited, but not the additional points for all tasks.
It seems to be, that the task only completed after your stay.
I completed all 5 of my tasks 1 week ago. but my achievement bonus shows 80% and I have not received the achievement bonus points. I do not have a C+P stay as a task.
jotxl likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 10:59 am
Formerly known as fsa_ea

Programs: UA GS/1MM,AS 75k,NK GLD,AA 2MM,DL 2MM,LH FT,AY PLT,IC RA,FMT LT PLT,HYT GLB,HLT DIA,MRT GLD,HRTZ PC
Actually it was 2 weeks ago. A quick call just now got it manually adjusted.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 3:13 am

Originally Posted by UKDegsy
Seems a big risk on losing out on close to 50K achievement bonus points. I didn't have that task, but presumably for it to be a qualifying stay you had to actually stay. When you challenge IHG customer services they can be very inflexible on T & Cs even if you know you are right.

Hope it works out for you.

UKD
today i see, that the achievment Bonus Points completely in my account. All Tasks are marked as completed.
What do you mean, could IHG decuct this points if the system recgnise that my cash/Point stay will not be completed up to August,31 th ?
Old Aug 21, 2019, 4:03 am

Programs: BA Nada, HH Diamond, IHG Spire AMB, Marriott Plat, Accor Gold

I had this yesterday and was expecting a bit of a battle. I realised too late that I'd made a cash and points booking but cancelled it and moved to a different date, hence the image showing completed but no detail underneath. But all fixed by IHG within 30 mins of contacting them and the bonus points were added to my account.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 6:07 am
hmv

Maybe I am already quite earlier but: Any idea when the next promotion will start? Since I saw that several participant have the accelerate promotion till the end of September.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 11:06 am
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
I stayed at two Crowne Plazas last week and received a 2,000-point "Stay More, Earn More" bonus from the first but not the second. Anyone know what this is? I can't find any details for it. Thanks.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
In my case, that is how they coded the missing Accelerate points that were apparently manually added to my account today.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 3:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
In my case, that is how they coded the missing Accelerate points that were apparently manually added to my account today.
Thanks. I haven't filed any missing-points claims, so that can't be it in my case.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 7:25 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG SA
Today, missing points for my completed Q2 accelerate tasks are posted into my account:

Old Aug 22, 2019, 6:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Q2? That's a while back now, isn't it? How long should I wait before claiming for my current stays, ending today?

EDIT - just to add to this, I have just seen that my account has been credited with both 4,500 and 6,000 points, labelled Make Every Stay Count Goodwill. So what's that all about, apart from the fact that not a single task has credited to my current Accelerate dashboard? These match the amounts offered for two tasks on the current Accelerate dashboard, namely Stay for Less and Earn (Book 1 stay(s) using Points & Cash and earn 4,500 bonus points) and Earn More, Faster (Earn 6,600 bonus points when you book 2 Bonus Points Package stays).

Last edited by Concerto; Aug 22, 2019 at 3:18 pm Reason: new development
Old Aug 22, 2019, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
So I have one offer that is do a P&C stay and another one that has 3 brands. I did a HIX P&C stay and thought it would count for one of the three brands, but now I'm realizing the P&C may not be qualifying for the brands. Does anyone know and can confirm?
Old Aug 22, 2019, 9:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by mnredfox
So I have one offer that is do a P&C stay and another one that has 3 brands. I did a HIX P&C stay and thought it would count for one of the three brands, but now I'm realizing the P&C may not be qualifying for the brands. Does anyone know and can confirm?
No! The X brands component requires paid​​​ stays.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
No! The X brands component requires paid​​​ stays.
Gah ok, need to get in one more stay.
Old Aug 24, 2019, 9:25 am

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by dagangwood
Today, missing points for my completed Q2 accelerate tasks are posted into my account:

I too got some manual credits just like that. I checked the accelerate page and nothing has updated. So these have to be manual credits.

But still missing a stay once in June Extra bonus 2000 manual credit.

dagangwood likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2019, 11:44 am

Programs: IHG Spire- Marriott-Hilton Diamond sort of- Choice Diamond
I just got all of my points from stay completions in May - June 5th. Dashboard still reads 0 Completed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.